Down 104 lbs. - Over Halfway to Goal!!! (pics)

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    joflo723 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely humbled by all the comments! I can't tell you all how much I appreciate it! Reading these has been so uplifting!

It turns out that this is one of the worst days of my life. And in my life, that's saying a lot. I just found out that my teenage nephew is missing and search teams have been looking for him since yesterday afternoon. He sent a message to a friend of his on snapchat that he was thinking of harming himself, then disappeared. He's a beautiful, highly intelligent, sweet child who, unfortunately, has been raised by my alcoholic sister and her abusive husband. I haven't seen him since last Thanksgiving because they live 1,200 miles away. I really feel like I've been kicked in the stomach because I have a bad feeling that this isn't going to have a happy ending.

So sorry you are going through this. I have a nephew who's been in so much trouble his whole life...honest to God I don't know how he's managed to stay alive this long...he's 19. Must have an angel on his shoulder. Saying a prayer for your nephew, that he might have one too.

Well said. I, too, hope the best for your nephew. Continue to be strong and have faith.
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hope your nephew shows up soon, safe and sound!

Your story is amazing. 104 pounds down? You rock! I want to lose at least 130-150 pounds (maybe more). I ballooned to 330 after my mom died. I've always been big, but never over 300. I have always dealt with my problems through food though and that's how I "coped" when she passed away.

Your story is really inspirational to me. Shows me that losing the weight is definitely possible. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Good work! You are an inspiration. Likes some of the others here my family also wonders how come I am the "normal" one in my family! A true inspiration. I too have Type 2 diabetes. The medication is worse. SO I am on insulin at night. My goal is to get of the insulin. I had a motorcycle accident in June. I have torn my ACL, MCL and meniscus. I have a knee operation in December but I am trying to do what excercises I can. I use resitance bands and the recumbent bike! Take caer and keep on going. Watch out for the Halloween candy!
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    wtg!
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    joflo723 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely humbled by all the comments! I can't tell you all how much I appreciate it! Reading these has been so uplifting!

It turns out that this is one of the worst days of my life. And in my life, that's saying a lot. I just found out that my teenage nephew is missing and search teams have been looking for him since yesterday afternoon. He sent a message to a friend of his on snapchat that he was thinking of harming himself, then disappeared. He's a beautiful, highly intelligent, sweet child who, unfortunately, has been raised by my alcoholic sister and her abusive husband. I haven't seen him since last Thanksgiving because they live 1,200 miles away. I really feel like I've been kicked in the stomach because I have a bad feeling that this isn't going to have a happy ending.

So sorry you are going through this. I have a nephew who's been in so much trouble his whole life...honest to God I don't know how he's managed to stay alive this long...he's 19. Must have an angel on his shoulder. Saying a prayer for your nephew, that he might have one too.

Thank you so much! He's actually been a great kid. Athlete, great grades, musical, etc. But he's living with a dad who's just like my dad. They say women marry men just like their fathers. I didn't, but my sister sure did.

My sister has an older son from her 1st marriage who was abused by this same *kitten* since he was 3. He got real screwed up for a while and got on drugs and alcohol. Did all kinds of stupid stuff and burned a lot of bridges in our family. But he finally got enough of drugs and joined the Marines. So far so good.
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow that's an amazing story!i loved reading it!well done u look great and I know how hard you work at it with seeing your exercise updated everyday.:)
  • freedom403
    freedom403 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself. You look amazing.
  • Emipaws
    Emipaws Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Very inspiring keep up the good work!!
  • jennifurballs
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • meyerliz
    meyerliz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good for you-you are very pretty and should be proud of yourself!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Don't you look cute in your little white jacket! Nice work, lady! Keep up the good work! I love that your son's friends are bugging their parents! Awesome!!
  • jennifurballs
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    Don't you look cute in your little white jacket! Nice work, lady! Keep up the good work! I love that your son's friends are bugging their parents! Awesome!!

Thanks! I just bought it on clearance for $20 and it's a size 18. I used to wear 4X.

• jamilynn_8890
    jamilynn_8890 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're such an inspiration! :)
  • FallToRise
    FallToRise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wow! You are doing a great job! Your story is very inspirational. Thank you for sharing!

Just read your post about your nephew and wanted you to know that I'm praying for him.
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Awesome job; such an inspiration.

<3
  • stephroberts17
    Options
    gfreat job you looking amazing :)
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Jennifur!!!! Your story is an inspiring one, full of determination and a never say die spirit that has seen you overcome many obstacles that would set many back on their heels forever and make the need for change just too far out of their reach.
    Totally admire your commitment and dedication and I have no doubt that you will continue to shine and flourish and very soon will be posting another Success story to tell us all about you reaching the milestone of goal weight and Personal Best with training.
    Good Luck <3
  • AllyceMargaret96
    Options
    Wow, congrats!! What an incredible accomplishment!! You look amazing, and HAPPY. Keep up the good work!!!! We are all here for support for the road bumps along the way! :)

So inspiring. Thank you! <3
  • jennifurballs
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!