Stocky, Husky, Chubby, Fat

Options

Replies

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I like men with straight noses;) That is the first thing I notice LOL! I am weird
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    IMO, skinny runner legs are not my thing. I'm also not attracted to men with boobs, whether they are well formed pectoral muscles, or just fat. I'm not in to the visible muscles either, unless they are in the quads and forearms (then that is totally hot). So skinny is not my thing, and neither is husky to the point of manboobs. I like guys to have a belly, though not as big as my pregnant one currently :)

Oh and hairy guys? Totally hot. Like beard, hair on chest, stomach, legs, arms... I'm a fan. and weird.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I don't like skinny and although I like the look of a cut man and can appreciate the work and commitment that goes into reaching those goals I like cuddle-worthy men. Men with big legs that wrap well around me, big arms that hold me and a heart just as big! OP, you look great to me!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    The only look I'm not really attracted to are the extremes. Extremely skinny, or extremely overweight. My boyfriend is a little overweight, and I'm still attracted to him. I like super muscular guys, semi-muscular, average build, a few extra pounds. There is more to what makes a man attractive than his body, so throughout the years I've found that I'm all over the place when asked this question.
    lfred12 wrote: »

Oh and hairy guys? Totally hot. Like beard, hair on chest, stomach, legs, arms... I'm a fan. and weird.

Same. Shaved/waxed isn't my first choice.

• mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    I am not familiar with the term husky in this context. As a woman, and talking just about physical attractiveness and first impressions only, I am drawn to men with good eye-contact, ready smile, clean teeth, fresh breath, groomed hair, clean clothes. "Open body" good posture.
    I think really it's the eye-contact and smile though.

THIS!!!!!!! Especially the teeth and hair!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I think look is secondary. There has to be some chemistry, something that clicks. When I met my hubby he was reed thin, now he could lose some weight. But its his personality that I am still attracted to
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My husband asked me this same question so I'll share what I told him.

I have a thing about the shoulder to hip ratio in a guy. Broad shoulders and narrower hips. I also prefer a guy to feel taller/stronger than me. So I guess a specific body type is more important to me than fitness level... that probably makes me weird but whatever.

20% body fat range looks healthy and attractive to me.

10% body fat is way less attractive...it starts looking spindly legged and adolescent/weak and/or non-human to me at a certain point depending on the person's body type.
    For the love of god if you are a straight guy and skinny please don't wear jeggings or skinny jeans. Ugh.*facepalm*

In my opinion if a guy wants to build some muscles in his pecs or arms/shoulders that's cool just don't turn into Arnold Schwarzenegger. Once you start bulking and looking cottage cheesy/lumpy from low body fat and bulgy veins I honestly think its disgusting. I may be the only female on the planet who doesn't like the chiseled look... but I really don't!

25% body fat and above is not more attractive but I don't find it repulsive either.
    A guy can have a little bit of fluff to him and as long as that shoulder to hip ratio I mentioned above is intact its totally ok by me. In fact a little fluff is nice for cuddling...way better than a rock monster or skele-tor :)

So... I like a guy who looks healthy and strong and male... not super skinny (which begins to look feminine) or bulky (which just begins to look non-human).
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    d2vtf00h99pi.jpg

My preference for a man.

For myself. I would like to get down to below 25% body fat. I am at 29 to 30% now. I am curvy pear shape, so don't complain much, but am working on being fit and curvy. Not soft and curvy.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    beanrider wrote: »
    Average for me please. I dislike the "cut" look, but muscular is fine as long as they're not showing all over the place. I like the look of Russel Crowe or Gerard Butler when they're a bit "out of shape". Thin is also fine as long as there aren't muscles protruding everywhere. From an aesthetic perspective, a bit overweight is just fine by me but dislike a lot of extra fat OR too much muscle on a man.

All that said, body type is pretty far down on the list of traits I look for in a man.. Responsible, kind, faithful, nice smile, has a job all far more important to me.
    +1

+1 again. So true!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with a bit of pudge on a dude. I mean, I'm not twiggy. However, I don't like guys that are short or thinner than me. I'm 5'3" and I have a minimum height requirement of 6' to ride this ride. My hubby just met this.
  • meglo91
    meglo91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »

I wonder how many times I've seen your pictures in a post in the last two weeks :no_mouth:
    It's my hope to inspire others - not annoy folks.
    One of my biggest sources of motivation on my long, hard journey was seeing others succeed.
    Maybe now I can help some people as I continue my own progress.

You're not annoying me, sir. Keep posting. You look awesome.
  • meglo91
    meglo91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Domineer wrote: »
    I want to know, what do you guys and ladies prefer?

Gentlemen: Do you care about being the jacked guy or is being a little husky comfortable for you? As a man, I know it takes a lot of effort to get to the lean and cut stage. Also, it seems to only be sustainable if you truly want to do it for the sake of your health and lifestyle. A lot of guys want to impress women or do it as a milestone in life.

Ladies: I've read that women like to look at guys with muscles who are really cut but hate cuddling with them because of the rock hard feel. Please feel free to give us your input on your preference.

My Preference (for myself): Personally, I am getting real comfortable with my size now. My heaviest was 325 back in 2011. In the current day, I am 5'10, 230ish and my quality of life is great. No problems fitting on to amusement park rides, grabbing clothes from the regular racks at the store, or running or walking a suitable distance. I would like to lower my BF% to at least 19 or 20%. Leaving something for the ladies to grab on to is important and also being a little husky works for most living in this food-laden American lifestyle.

I don't have a really strong preference in this area. I guess I like my guys tall, but I've gone out with short dudes in the past too. I'd actually rather date a guy with some extra pounds than a guy who is reed thin, though I certainly have girlfriends who love the emaciated rocker look. If a guy is in shape and muscular that's a bonus, but it's not the most important thing by a long shot. I have dumped cut soccer players for schlumpy guys in the past because the schlumpier guy was just smarter, kinder, and more fun to hang out with. So for me, like for most women: really really thin or rolls of fat are equally bad. Anything in between is fine. What truly matters is the intrinsic stuff, not the exterior.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I like guys with a little padding. not beer guts, but someone huggable you know? like 20% body fat.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I like bigger guys. I prefer it be muscle, but I have never turned down a guy just because he was "husky." If a guy has a great sense of humor and confidence it doesn't really matter what his body type is.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Weight or body shape has never been an issue for my taste in men, I've had partners who were stick-thin, athletic, slightly overweight, and obese. As a personal preference for something to look at, I don't like a cut body, too low of a body fat or muscles that are too big for my preference. It feels "fake" like those plastic wrestler action figures I used to play with when I was a child. Something like Adam Levine perhaps?

Seriously though. When a woman says she doesn't care, she really doesn't. I'm personally more attracted to how a person acts and carries themselves than how their body looks. Smugness and cockiness, for example, is an instant turn off for me.. even if the man has the most attractive body in the world.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I love looking at well-built, muscular guys with cut abs, but in real life, I've gone for all sorts: lean runner-types; downright skinny but fit, with a weasel build; broad-shouldered, big boned and able to move a couple of hundred pounds without thinking twice, but carrying some extra weight; and downright chubby--not obese, but soft around the middle. What they all had in common was certain personality traits including wit and high intelligence. Married the broad-shouldered, strong one and he still looks damn fine to me. :-)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    a sense of humor.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Humor, love, compassion, values, morals, responsible. That said someone who is confident in themselves and looks like a man. Not a manicured man...just a man.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    For men, I just want them to be bigger than me.
    Little bit fat, little bit muscle, little bit of both, doesn't really matter. As long as his weight isn't a medical concern, and he is in shape enough to keep up with my active lifestyle.
    I enjoy feeling small, delicate, and feminine next to a man.