Favorite Snacks You Have Abandoned haha

Options

Replies

• gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Brownies. Effin Brownies! I cannot have just one. I can't. So I just avoid them at all cost. Cookies too.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Abandoned and replaced all of them with frozen fruit and such. Otherwise my entire day's calorie allotment would be spent on like a handful of salty snacks and three cookies and then I'd get malnutrition and be miserable. I have no idea how people manage to fit junk food into their calorie allotment. I would be permitted like one Cheeto. I have to use my 1200 calories on nutritious foods or I'll just fall apart.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I swapped out lots of things. I'm in this for the long haul.
  • beckyjopdx
    beckyjopdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lol, great topic. I'm a dairy fanatic, so gotta cut out the half/half in the AM coffee, and downshift to 2%. I'm in mourning over that one still, but not worth it - not when I can save that for real cheese.

I 2nd pita chips and add Juanita's corn chips.
  • beckyjopdx
    beckyjopdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh, yeah - also 2nd booze. I gave that up almost 3 years ago.
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing.... yes most of my daily intake is healthy but I still love nutella, bacon and all that other goodness lol I aint going to deprive myself 100% and be depressed :smiley:
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm glad I've never needed coffee. My wife was telling me how many calories her creamer had. haha mind you she's 5"11 and about 125 so it's not like it's killing her. lol
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. Like my soul.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I may not eat them as often, but I really haven't given up anything.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I haven't really omitted foods from my diet. Oddly, now that I measure everything I've noticed that I eat ice cream, cookies or chips with a bit more frequency because I don't want to feel deprived. It's the feeling of deprivation that sets me up for failure.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Ah, back in the good old days when they claimed fat was bad and carbs were good I used to eat all sorts of great snacks: doritos, potato chips, pretzels, fruit smoothies (that were really mostly sugar), sugary cereals, etc. I still eat those things of course, but no way near as much.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I've stopped snacking just for the fun of it. I now take protein into consideration.

While I haven't abandoned everything, I now visit sour punch licorice straw bites much less often. And most licorice/gummy treats.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Full size candy bars. Swapped them for individually wrapped small dark chocolates.
  • MattNorrisUL
    Options
    I don't feel deprived by a loss of Pop Tarts haha. There will never be a post about me never eating homemade cookies haha.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me sad...
  • MattNorrisUL
    Options
    Maybe you need more hobbies then. :)
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't think I gave up on anything, I just mind the calories and not eat as much... I used to put A LOT half and half into my tea, now I only put 2 tbsp the most and try to drink my tea black.....
  • Amber6189
    Amber6189 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have completely given up my favorite Starbucks "breakfast" and I will never go back. I would get a Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte and a pumpkin muffin. I knew it wasn't good, but I had no idea it was THIS bad:

Cal-730 (56% of my daily)
    Fat-43g (63% of my daily)
    Carbs-163g (64% of my daily)
    Sugar-49 g (169% of my daily....WHAAAAT???)

Even the small skinny pumpkin spice latte is not worth it, in my opinion.
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I haven't really omitted foods from my diet. Oddly, now that I measure everything I've noticed that I eat ice cream, cookies or chips with a bit more frequency because I don't want to feel deprived. It's the feeling of deprivation that sets me up for failure.

I haven't omitted foods either, because I know that if I completely cut them out, I will eventually binge on them. I just limit what I have. For instance, if I have 2 cookies today, I won't have cookies the rest of the week. I also look into why I'm eating. If I'm eating because I'm bored or sad, I stop myself and re-direct my attention. If I'm eating because I'm legitmately hungry, then I'll allow myself the wiggle room. (I'm also more likely to run a little farther if I know I really want a treat that day so I have wiggle room with my calories)
  • ajravanos
    ajravanos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hah, everything? not really...but sort of.
    no more cheez-its, triscuits, dips, chips, swiss rolls ( :'( ), or christmas tree zebra cakes.
    as much as i wish i could still have them & eat these in moderation, i know myself too well to know that ain't gonna happen. had to cut them out entirely. & a part of me is dead because of it.

just kidding...
    (no i'm not)