Favorite Snacks You Have Abandoned haha

Options

Replies

• mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oreos......3 rows in a package. I would sit and eat a full row with a huge glass of ice cold milk...................……

<shudder>
    Go to my happy place....
    Go to my happy place....
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Almonds, ate them by the handful....thought they were healthy and low cal....not
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Bag of Ruffles.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    BaltarVK wrote: »
    Once I started counting calories, the days of me grabbing a Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tart were over. I used to grab a package (2 pastries) and snack on that. Then I saw this:

Calories 420
    Calories from Fat 126
    Total Fat 14g

It was nice knowing ya Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tarts lol I didn't like em THAT much. :D

Ha, I'm the same way. I really don't avoid any particular food, but dang those PopTarts just aren't worth it (and WHY are there TWO servings in one pouch, lol). If I've got 400+ calories to eat for snack, I'm going to make it something glorious.

I know I can make a nice, tall sammich for 420 calories. Or a big veggie filled omelet (with some cheese, too). I prefer savory treats, but I'm sure there are better sweets to be had with that budget.
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Cheezits dipped in cream cheese.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Hersheys. I went without it for about three months and then when I bought a bag of Kisses again they tasted too weird. Now, if I need chocolate, I get a couple squares of Ghirardelli out.

I will die before you take away my ice cream, though!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Until this thread I never realized that I haven't had honey mustard pretzel pieces, peanut butter filled pretzels and cheese doodles in 2 years!
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    Snickers and a Dr. Pepper used to be a favorite breakfast of mine. I started eating better chocolate and now Snickers taste terrible to me (as do all the waxy faux chocolates). This is really helpful around Halloween and Easter because not too many people are handing out Green and Black's for me to steal from my kid's basket.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Nothing as many others who are just cutting back on the total calories but oddly enough I don't really crave junk food like I used to. I have a bag of chips I opened 3 days ago and only have eaten 100g out of and I threw out a container of brownies after eating only two squares in two weeks. I guess it's true that after you go without junk foods for a while it's almost like getting over an addiction.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Nothing as many others who are just cutting back on the total calories but oddly enough I don't really crave junk food like I used to. I have a bag of chips I opened 3 days ago and only have eaten 100g out of and I threw out a container of brownies after eating only two squares in two weeks. I guess it's true that after you go without junk foods for a while it's almost like getting over an addiction.

Same here. Wife and I had a Halloween party this weekend She cooked all day for it...you name it she made it. A slew of unhealthy party foods. Next day After the party , I couldn't wait to get back to eating good healthy food. It's like my body was craving it. Small victory I think.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I abandoned nothing, because I've never been one to snack all my life. And I feel like if I omit a certain food that I like, I'll just crave it more. So all things in moderation. :)
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ha, I'm the same way. I really don't avoid any particular food, but dang those PopTarts just aren't worth it (and WHY are there TWO servings in one pouch, lol). If I've got 400+ calories to eat for snack, I'm going to make it something glorious.

Seriously.... you're just supposed to leave one hanging out in the opened pouch? NO MAN LEFT BEHIND! hahahaha
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    LeonCX wrote: »
    I am doing better now that I gave up using mayonnaise. (as a beverage)
    t4725.gif
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I kind of eat more desserts now than I did when I was gaining weight because I know my diet can allow it. Whereas before I'd eat a fattening high calorie lunch, not realizing just how bad it was but knowing JUST enough that it wasn't good, and then stressing about food or binging on a bag of chips on Friday night.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I've discovered that many foods that I thought were favorites weren't favorites at all since I don't find them worth the calories, whereas other favorites I will make the effort to fit them in.
    I thought I loved Oreos, but I haven't had an Oreo in almost 6 months now because I never think the payoff is good enough for the calories. Same with Ice Cream.
    Twinkies on the other hand, I'll make room for Twinkies or other Hostess snack cakes. I'll also make room for meatloaf and pot roast, but pizza for some reason doesn't seem like the payoff is worth the calories and I used to happily chow away on pizza frequently.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Chester's Flammin' hot fries.... could live on those things oh and snickers with almonds... yummmm.. I saw them at the check out yesterday and my mouth started watering.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I gave up Canadian cuisine.

Wait, Canada has a cuisine right?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Not here. I wish. Although to be fair it would totally depend on the quality of the brownie.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I gave up Canadian cuisine.

Wait, Canada has a cuisine right?

Poutine, maple sugar cookies, and beer...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Not here. I wish. Although to be fair it would totally depend on the quality of the brownie.

They were really good and from a local bakery.