2»

Replies

• asgerdur1994
    Options
    Mcdonald's salads are actually pretty good :D
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's fries. Eat them often, my macros still on point, blood work best in years, and those fries have done nothing to prevent me from meeting my goals. Thank you for reminding me I have to redeem my monopoly free fries winning coupons.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's fries. Eat them often, my macros still on point, blood work best in years, and those fries have done nothing to prevent me from meeting my goals. Thank you for reminding me I have to redeem my monopoly free fries winning coupons.

Oh, yeah! Me too! AND I have a free quarter pounder coupon, too. Yeah, baby!
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    you got one up on me :) it's all about moderation it's all doable.

The one thing I will say is that there is usually more fat and sodium at McDonald's than subway (on average). But if you are under, then no biggie.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

The one thing I will say is that there is usually more fat and sodium at McDonald's than subway (on average). But if you are under, then no biggie.

Depends. Deli style lunch meats are sodium bombs, too. I say, if someone's going to eat at a takeaway, just eat at the one you like best. Six of one, half dozen of the other, really.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    McDonald's because their grilled chicken Mc wraps have awesome macros and taste delicious. ♡.♡

Probably irrelevant, but my kids love the grilled chicken ranch snack wraps at McDonalds. That, a fruit and yogurt parfait and milk!!! Makes me feel moderately virtuous about the drive through, lol.

Sounds like a yummy well-rounded meal as far as on the go is concerned! :smiley:

That is what I like to tell myself! With four kids ages 9, 11, 12 and 14 and various activities, I am happy to find a week we only hit the drive through once tbh.

I don't have that many kids but hard to resist $1.99 happy meals on Tuesdays and Thursday's in my area. My kids though are active and don't sit around watching tv.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options

Depends. Deli style lunch meats are sodium bombs, too. I say, if someone's going to eat at a takeaway, just eat at the one you like best. Six of one, half dozen of the other, really.

I'm still trying to figure out how but subways meats seem to have lower than what I can by in the store (outside of low sodium at the deli). Hopefully they are not lying.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Every establishment will have its fair share of "healthy", and "less healthy" options. When I go to Subway, I usually get the footlong Veggie Delite on Italian, with all the vegetables, without cheese. And I usually just get Honey Mustard or plain yellow mustard as my condiment. It all amounts to less than 500 calories, and fills me up. If I go to McDonald's, I usually swap my fries for a corn cup, and then get whichever burger fits into my daily calorie intake. I think it's all about tweaking things here and there to make things work wherever you go. :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can be the Jared of McDonalds
    Yes. This.

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    johnnyr24 wrote: »
    Wait did I read this right?? Appatently so. How is that even possible? Here I thought choosing subway as an alternative for when I'm in a rush on the go was a healthier alternative but I guess not. I haven't had any fast food except for subway in over a year now. What would you describe as a healthier alternative for when you're in a rush and don't get the time to pack something on the go?

fewer calories =/= healthier

Total nutrition over the course of a day/week/month is what matters as far as healthy is concerned.

Now if it's weight you're looking to lose, maintain or gain, then calories count.

I grill 10 chicken breasts at a time and then (usually) eat them at lunch along with some fruit or veggies. It takes no time after the initial prep and is perfect for when I'm rushed (or not rushed).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    please define "healthy" …all food is just energy that should be eaten as such ….
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    LilyOfTheValley008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Less calories does not equate to healthier??
    Subway it's all about what you put on it. I never have dressings and just pile on veggies and my sub (6' roast beef or club on wheat) is always less than 400 calories.
    I would rather choose a higher calorie option which I knew would have far better macros and keep me full.
    Plus there is an obvious size difference with the big mac and a subway..