Anyone else have trouble with CHEESE?!

Options
13»

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I could do a whole Monty Python skit listing all the cheeses I enjoy, lol.

I was wondering why nobody had posted that on this thread yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPN3KTtrnZM

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    All this cheese talk... I'm gonna make me some quesadillas for lunch right now. :p With Monterey Jack cuz it's all I have right now. Mmmm....
  • TitikiOoh
    TitikiOoh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    liahna wrote: »
    I have trouble with portions sometimes. I love making cheese quesadilla, nachos, sandwiches, and sometimes put it in my soup! I mostly eat Kirkland Sharp cheddar, and pepper jack. I don't know if cottage cheese counts, but I eat that too.

This. I would eat so much it was scary. And I still can't judge what a reasonable amount of cheese is.
  • octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Even keep a plastic shoebox size container in the fridge to store my cheese all in one spot. I do stick to just hard cheese though because I have tummy problems with the soft cheeses. I think the hard cheese tend to be lower in calories per ounce too. I also really eat a meal without cheese, so I try to limit it to less than an ounce per meal. I don't think I could ever cut it out completely.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with cheese? It's a good protein source and calcium....do you have a medical condition that requires you to limit/eliminate it? Otherwise, I'd log and enjoy....
    This five zillion times ^^^^
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I used to struggle greatly with cheese but then I moved to a country where cheese is priced way out of my budget and also way more mild than I'm used to so I haven't really been having any. I am excited to get back home and have some extra mature cheddar on crackers. I don't see the need to get rid of it from my diet - a little bit of what you fancy!
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I so miss cheese. I confess to have reintroduced it (in moderation!) into my diet of late, after two years of not indulging - or even risking the indulgence. My favourite is one that, thankfully, I cannot get locally unless I go online. It is the most delicious blue-veined goats cheese called "Mrs Bell's Blue" that I discovered a few years ago on my way to Scotland from Oxfordshire. In, of all places, a motorway service station on the M6. Not any old service station but one of two that is a family concern (the only two of its kind in the UK, I believe) and has the most fantastic restaurant and farmshop attached. The restaurant in itself is a destination stop for us on our way to Scotland, for the best breakfast ever!

I can't find anything remotely like it locally, otherwise I'd be stuffing myself with it >:)