Big big lover of sugary drinks , does anyone have alternative ?

Options
I Love coke ( the drink :wink: ) and would love an alternative other than the obvious zero and max xxx

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Water. I used to drink 2-3 cans of Pepsi a day. Now I just drink water instead.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Water. Some people like flavored water (but I'd check for added sugars and stuff, otherwise it's the same thing!)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Water. Water is best.

• NewMummy96
    NewMummy96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »
    Water. Some people like flavored water (but I'd check for added sugars and stuff, otherwise it's the same thing!)

Do they do less sugar flavoured water ?
  • krontar1
    krontar1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Water. You won't really miss Coke once you stop. This is coming from a total addict, too, I drank almost exclusively Coke for years. Hardly any water, just Coke (I know, I know...gross) but once I decided to stop drinking it, I stopped wanting it (for the most part).
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Cold Turkey Soda to up my water intake which initially i hated but now i love water. Still have my single morning coffee in the morning and decaf at night.
  • NewMummy96
    NewMummy96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    krontar1 wrote: »
    Water. You won't really miss Coke once you stop. This is coming from a total addict, too, I drank almost exclusively Coke for years. Hardly any water, just Coke (I know, I know...gross) but once I decided to stop drinking it, I stopped wanting it (for the most part).

Yeah there was a point were I was drinking 2ltrs a day !!! But now I'm down to a can or two a day but when I was pregnant I didn't drink it for a whole week , which is good for me and didn't miss it until I caved and had a can and then it started again , but I don't mind water as long as it's really cold x
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I switched cold turkey to water for about a month. Then after that I have one coke once a week. I don't need coke everyday anymore. :drinker:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So you want coke without sugar but don't want diet coke / Pepsi Max

C'n I huh?

tumblr_m7hb1qT4xu1rziwwco1_250.gif
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda several years ago, I found that just reducing the amount didn't work. I stopped cold turkey on all soda's, I switched to ice tea (using sweet n low to sweeten it) or using flavored tea bags. I also drink a lot of "flavored" (using cut up fruits and herbs, just toss them in a jug of water and refrigerate overnight).
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It took me a bit to adjust to, but I like water. I have a soda stream at home so I carbonate my own water and add lemon slices or lime slices or strawberry slices or...you get the picture.
  • 721dance
    Options
    There is NO substitute. Nothing is as wonderful as a fizzy delicious ice cold Coke!!! lol But I do agree that it does get easier the longer you go without it and water is my favorite. The only diet drink I can tolerate is diet Dr Pepper. Good luck!! :)
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm currently drinking a Grapefruit club soda - pretty good and it will tide me over until the beer and I get re-aquainted after work.
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can put tea bags in ice water and they'll flavor it. So something like passion tea will be tangy and tart but no sugar.
  • sparx350
    sparx350 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found these zero calorie drinks called sparkling ice. My local grocery store always has them on sale for a dollar for a 17 oz bottle. It's just sparkling water with different flavors, way better than diet soda.
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I usually add a squeeze of a 1/4 lemon to my water for some extra flavor. But every couple weeks I get a sparkling ice drink. They are good!
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »

Do they do less sugar flavoured water ?

Yeah, some waters are just flavored, others are flavored and have carbs and sugar. They also sell drops that you put into your water but, gotta check for sugar and carbs in those too. Also, fruit infused waters.

Here's a couple links:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=water+flavor+drops

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=water+infuser&rh=i:aps,k:water+infuser

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=soda maker&sprefix=soda+m,aps

http://www.pinterest.com/search/?q=flavored+water
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am a pepsi-holic. I keep thinking about trying the cold turkey thing. Kind of fearing the headache until I'm over the hump. We really do need to do this.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am a recovering Diet Coke addict, but I decided to give it up when I realized that my habit was contributing to my cravings and subsequent overeating. I am not a huge fan of plain water (I like a little bit of flavor in my drink), so I drink a lot of unsweet tea. You might try that or lemon water, or mint water (a pitcher of water with a large bunch of fresh mint inside, chilled and cold).
  • footy61
    Options
    I find water quite boring to drink but now using Vitasport Water Booster, sugar free and low calories.