I am allowed 1200 calories per day..any tips on a sweet, low calorie, late night snack?

Options
Dear all, I am new here and allowed 1200 calories per day. Unfortunately I love to snack at night after dinner. Does anyone have a tip for something that is low calorie that can satisfy my sweet craving at night?

Replies

• mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • beachbodyproject
    beachbodyproject Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I replaced desert with tea. I bought red velvet cake flavour tea at David's tea!!!! If I close my eyes I can almost convince myself that I had cake !!!!
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I found fruit pops at WalMart. I don't remember what brand they are (I'm at work right now), but they are real fruit pops and only 25 calories each, and very yummy. They satisfy my cravings. :)
  • Muggle1970
    Muggle1970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh thats a great idea! Thank you! :-)
  • delaneynicol3
    delaneynicol3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss makes a "diet" hot chocolate that's something like 25 calories a serving, and you could try drinking one of those to satisfy a chocolatel-y craving, that's what I like to do. If it's not quite enough for you you can always double up packets and add in a little extra sugar to make the hot chocolate stronger and sweeter. Greek yogurts are always a good idea too. :)
  • Muggle1970
    Options
    Thank you all so much. This is really helpful
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    jello sugar free pudding assorted flavors 60-80 calories. Or sugar free jello itself if you want sweet fruit taste instead of creamier. the fat free pudding is gross in my opinion
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Fudge pops are about 40 calories each.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I slice a small apple (or half of a large), sprinkle generously with allspice & bake until soft. Then I "ice" it with a thick mixture of vanilla protein powder & unsweetened almond milk & sprinkle with a little bit of high protein granola.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Berries. So very sweet and low-cal. :)
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm eatting a no-bake energy ball as I type. Approx. 90 calories and its got choc chips, coconut, peanut butter, oatmeal, and flax seeds in it. Super healthy and I am addicted to them!

Edit for spelling
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Opt for fat versus sugar. A square of high quality 85% cocoa Lindt chocolate has only 57 calories and only 4g of carbs. And since it's high in cocoa content, I find even a single square makes for a very satisfying snack.

Also, if you're new here, you may want to pop into some of the other forums to read up on TDEE, BMR, and calorie deficits just to make sure that the 1200 calorie/day goal is really appropriate for you. MFP often gives that to new members as a goal (especially women) since we women tend to be aggressive with our goals, indicating we'd like to lose 2lbs/week when really, 1 or 0.5 would be a more realistic, sustainable pace. And if you're exercising, you should be eating more calories based on that, too. So you might have room in your daily intake for a snack you actually like even better, who knows?
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Muggle1970 wrote: »
    Dear all, I am new here and allowed 1200 calories per day. Unfortunately I love to snack at night after dinner. Does anyone have a tip for something that is low calorie that can satisfy my sweet craving at night?

Blueberries.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    How many cals do you typically have left over? It'll help with suggestions.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and raspberries. 100g of fresh raspberries have 50 calories and 6g of fiber.

(Best enjoyed in season.)
  • Muggle1970
    Options
    I usually have 80 calories left over...so not much :-(
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Muggle1970 wrote: »

Blueberries.

With fat-free Cool Whip!

• Muggle1970
    Options
    Mmmmmh so many great ideas. I will go shopping tomorrow and load up on all these excellent suggestions ! :-) Thank you all so much.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like popsicles - there are some great ones for <= 100 cals.

You could have a couple of squares of a chocolate bar.

I bought some espresso hard candies that are yummy - 13 cals a piece.

If you like fruit, you can halve a banana and stick it under a broiler until the cut surface gets nice and caramelized. You can add a light sprinkle of sugar to aid in the caramelization.

Berries with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and a sprinkle of low-cal sweetener (or sugar if you'd rather). Or, berries with a couple of tablespoons of whipped cream.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    A small apple does wonders