November Walking Challenge 2014

This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking Novemberr 1st.

Replies

• Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    does Leslie Sansone count?
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Of course!
  • just4jilly
    just4jilly Posts: 103 Member
    I am in again. My goal is 125 miles.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    I've never done a challenge before, but will this month. I'll say 60 miles, we have a busier month, so though I'd like to do more, I don't want to cut myself short.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    edited October 2014
    Adding up the numbers for November. Taking week ends off I have 20 days next month. So looks like I can do 315,000 steps which is 15,750 steps 5 days a week. If I keep up my 16-17k a day I'll hit it. I'm going to up my miles to 158. Let's see if I can hit it.

ETA - That's not taking Thanksgiving into account. I'll leave it for now and see if I can just make up those numbers.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    So do you guys count all walking movement? Or specific, I'm gonna walk for an hour today and get ~4 miles?
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited October 2014
    I am in again. I did 49.8 miles for October, I hope November is better. :)

Yes Leslie Sasone counts as walking.

• BancroftLady
    BancroftLady Posts: 43 Member
    I am in.. I am going to go for 10k steps 6 days a week.. as a start ;) looking forward to us all checking in..
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    I would like to try for 30 miles and if I do more great!
  • mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    i'll be here again...
  • gcwillig
    gcwillig Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2014
    I will be joining.

Is it better to track steps or mileage or time?
  • I would love to join the challenge.
  • I would like to take the challenge. I will walk 45 mins everyday from Nov 1st. Do I just check in everyday after I have completed my walk?
  • BobJ19956
    BobJ19956 Posts: 32 Member
    Love to join the Challenge. I want to try and log 100 miles in one month of walking.
  • I'm just starting and would like to participate in this challenge.
  • truemar1963
    truemar1963 Posts: 14 Member
    This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking Novemberr 1st.

• truemar1963
    truemar1963 Posts: 14 Member
    like to join usually do 8km a day see if i can do better
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    This looks like fun! I will try for 100 miles this month :D
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    My husband is in for 40mi My goal is 50mi this month. Going to be great weather here.

Patsy
    Lutz Fl
  • Emipaws
    Emipaws Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in!!