This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    kenc1971 wrote: »
    2TzwaPN.jpg
    If it was really that simple, that would be the magic pill and surgeries would not be needed

I am guessing that this poster is not just referring to weight loss. Many diseases are not dependent on excess body weight and are quite multifactorial. And although CICO can be a factor in weight loss, there certainly are many others, some of which take health into account.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    kenc1971 wrote: »
    2TzwaPN.jpg
    If it was really that simple, that would be the magic pill and surgeries would not be needed

The reality is that we know what makes people fat and what makes them lose weight. How they choose to arrive at the deficit is up to them. You can pay your dues now in disciplined diet and exercise or pay the surgeon later but that's up to you.
  • Navtendon
    Options
    Navtendon wrote: »
    I actually never thought once about eating any of that candy, regardless of the calories listed.

goodie for you...lol...

Just being honest.....
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Dude, a proper "mean people" thread should be started on its own, not within another thread.
    It's not a "mean people" thread dudette, it's more like an eyeroll.
  • SarahNicoleW94
    Options
    i just ate a 260 calorie peanut butter kitkat. and it was good..
  • chowe2life
    Options
    I treat my self with dark 70% organic chocolate--not as much sugar, antioxidants, and all that jazz. This stuff is pure poison...but then we all get to choose our own poison :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    The Snickers, Twix, Reeses and Butterfingers? Worth it.
  • jgennace
    jgennace Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    KiTKats, skittles and 3 Muskeeters, wash it down with a mountain dew. Then go jump on an elliptical for 35 minutes. Sounds like a plan.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    chowe2life wrote: »
    I treat my self with dark 70% organic chocolate--not as much sugar, antioxidants, and all that jazz. This stuff is pure poison...but then we all get to choose our own poison :)

fbkpzxls0116.jpg
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Poison?! Really? I see you have a flare for the dramatic.
  • Navtendon
    edited October 2014
    Options

Not sure high percentage dark chocolate is pure poison if that's what you were referring to... I like my 80-90% because sugar is limited and there's some good stuff in there. Antioxidants, magnesium etc. And the rich taste puts those halloween treats to absolute shame imo.

But more importantly, there were actually a bunch of small studies over the last few decades demonstrating improvement in atherosclerosis status, mostly from a clinical standpoint. I'll try to dig those up again. Many of these studies demonstrated significant improvements in patients who ate 100g of dark chocolate per day - that's a whole bar surprisingly.
  • Navtendon
    Options
    jgennace wrote: »
    Its not just about calories, excess sugar, doesnt do a body good.

are you a doctor or just someone that thinks they are smarter than the rest of us? And BTW...I'm not a diabetic so I don't have to worry about sugar... :laugh:

This is for you :cookie:

What was wrong with that person's post? They very well could be a doctor.

Regarding type II diabetes, are you comfortable with the knowledge of what puts you at risk for it?
  • JFsNewLife
    JFsNewLife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was doing good. LOL. All this did was made me want CANDY!!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.

alcohol and halloween candy are not even on the same level..

talk about comparing apples to oranges...

I love apples and oranges, and alcohol filled candies!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Kelli850 wrote: »
    22rsf0ibofz1.jpg

Is it really worth the calories?

I'm doing a 16 mile run tomorrow. I better eat more candy. This isn't going to cut it.
  • TossaBeanBag
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.

alcohol and halloween candy are not even on the same level..

talk about comparing apples to oranges...

Challenge accepted

y6acei3c9ppz.jpg

Oh boy, this is going to be a long thread!
  • TossaBeanBag
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh boy, this is going to be a long thread! Happy Halloween everyone! If my wife has that one outfit on and the candy in the right spots, I might be really bad tonight.
  • mustloseweight2015
    mustloseweight2015 Posts: 78 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That has the opposite effect to me. Only 10 mins of spinning for a peanut butter cup? Hells yeah!

But things like that not only demonise food, they also equate exercise with punishment. A healthy mindset towards food and exercise would do neither.

I don't think it necessarily demonizes food and makes exercise punitive, if you take the OP's comment about thinking twice away. I think the chart, by itself, is quite informative. I would love to have this chart, especially to be able to eat those treats. It can one plan their food. For example, I can eat two candies and would know exactly how to offset the overload of calories. Run for 15 minutes more and/or eat 70 calories less from my regular food.