I am allowed 1200 calories per day..any tips on a sweet, low calorie, late night snack?

Options

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    1 pint of sugar free jello is 40 cals.
    1/2 pint with fruit/berries will fit your 80.
  • CindyL8
    Options
    yes the refrigerated jello or pudding. As well, try to make it a snack low in sugar and if possible have a protein. Great question and thanks to everyone for the ideas!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A few squares of dark chocolate/cacao. Noosa yogurt- love it. I used to do cottage cheese with a tsp of honey and mangos.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Fudge Bars... around 100 calories and very yummy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat back exercise calories like you're supposed to and it won't be as much of an issue.
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Muggle1970 wrote: »
    Dear all, I am new here and allowed 1200 calories per day. Unfortunately I love to snack at night after dinner. Does anyone have a tip for something that is low calorie that can satisfy my sweet craving at night?

Blueberries.

OOOOOO, especially if you freeze them!! :D
  • birdstudios
    birdstudios Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes, frozen banana whizzed in the food processor with a bit of cocoa, greek yoghurt & berries blended & then frozen into popsicles, dark chocolate, hot chocolate made from rooibos tea/a teaspoon of coconut sugar or rice malt syrup/a teaspoon of cocoa and a dash of almond milk.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Figs are really low-cal -- sweet and filling! Guavas are a very low-cal fruit if you have access to them. Tangerines and grapefruit, too.
  • SofiV79
    SofiV79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you Muggle, and fruit just doesn't do it for me! - I try to leave some of my calories for after dinner and have a small bit of chocolate or a small choc dessert or something - have a look at my diary if you like for ideas!
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Definitely Sugar Free Jello Pudding. The dark chocolate is delicious and only 60 calories.

I also keep some 100 calorie South Beach bars in chocolate mint. It's like having a few Thin Mint cookies :)
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Jolly Time Kettle Corn snack bags [microwave popcorn]. One bag is 110 calories and it satisfies that urge to have something sweet, yet salty.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually have 80 calories left over...so not much :-(

You can have a Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt for 80 calories. They have all kinds of flavors including strawberry cheesecake and raspberry chocolate!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    ricola sugar free swiss herbal sweets.6 cals per.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    How about a frozen banana? Or frozen grapes, which can apparently help you to sleep better too.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I usually have 80 calories left over...so not much :-(

You can have a Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt for 80 calories. They have all kinds of flavors including strawberry cheesecake and raspberry chocolate!

I agree. They also have a toasted coconut and a caramel machiatto (sp). I can't believe they are only 80 calories. That being said, I just resist the urge to snack. I don't eat anything that I can't burn before I go to bed. All my meals are planned out to the calorie and I enjoy knowing after dinner and cardio/weight training my body will begin its fast until the next morning. I literally feel the fat burning at night!!! Yes, I'm a little crazy.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are yummmm
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    jello sugar free pudding assorted flavors 60-80 calories. Or sugar free jello itself if you want sweet fruit taste instead of creamier. the fat free pudding is gross in my opinion

This! And sometimes I even stir in a tablespoon of light whipped topping to make it more of a mousse or jello dessert. Great for a chocolate fix for me.

And, yes, the fat free is gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Weight Watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bar. It's 90 calories of awesomeness.
  • tampajudy140
    tampajudy140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dear all, I am new here and allowed 1200 calories per day. Unfortunately I love to snack at night after dinner. Does anyone have a tip for something that is low calorie that can satisfy my sweet craving at night?

• tampajudy140
    tampajudy140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump