What is the most risky thing you have ever done?

Options

Replies

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    for a time I detonated explosives for a living... went to work in a helicopter everyday for like 18 months...worked in ordinance disposal to clean up live fire ranges... do I win???
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Probably ride in the 'upside down' rides at the traveling fairs and circuses. Some of those had very loud rattles that did not inspire confidence.

But personal risk? Maybe studying abroad when I was 20. First person in my family to travel abroad, and I jumped headlong into circumstances there without restraint.
  • daveclrk58
    Options
    Probably any one of my one night stands back in the day. Not too smart on my part, lol.
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I had several times where I moved without having money or a plan. The riskiest was probably when I moved to Alaska and was over 4000 miles away from anyone I knew. Circumstances found me with no car, no job, no place to stay. I slept in Walmart's bathroom my first night, then I went to a library computer and found someone online who would let me sleep on their couch. I worked my way up from there. It was the best experience I ever had... it taught me I was strong enough to live on my own without my ex husband. It still was five more years before I got a divorce, though! Even though I hadn't seen him in that time.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Probably deciding that I was going to prevent my very drunk and very volatile ex from stealing my car after she had snagged my keys from my pocket by leaping onto the hood. I wound up clinging for dear life as she reached speeds in excess of 100mph on dusty country roads in the middle of the night for about 20 minutes. How she managed to avoid the ditches and killing us both I'll never know. I tried not to block her view but the force of the wind was literally pushing me up the wind shield.
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Winding up in a dark alley in Cambodia, realizing me and my friend were surrounded by leering men. Somehow, I just mustered all my courage and pushed us the hell out of there very assertively. I have never felt more threatened in my life...or relieved after we got out of there.
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I had several times where I moved without having money or a plan. The riskiest was probably when I moved to Alaska and was over 4000 miles away from anyone I knew. Circumstances found me with no car, no job, no place to stay. I slept in Walmart's bathroom my first night, then I went to a library computer and found someone online who would let me sleep on their couch. I worked my way up from there. It was the best experience I ever had... it taught me I was strong enough to live on my own without my ex husband. It still was five more years before I got a divorce, though! Even though I hadn't seen him in that time.

AMAZING
  • holapearl
    holapearl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I was 14, I told a guy I liked him first! Scary!!!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Back in the day I done too many stuff to even sift through to put on here…I called a cop an a hole(the actually word right to his face) when i was sloshed- all he wanted was my ssi number so idk i went to the hospital and nearly got my stomach pumped…cop said he would take me to jail if i refused-i am one stubborn woman and don't start when I have too much alcohol..I won't drink like that anymore. The second was driving at and over 100 the other day because some idiot didn't want me to be ahead of him that person wasn't worth dying or killing someone else for… I did eventually beat him-I rarely go that fast to get ahead of someone -anyone-I am fairly defensive but for some reason-this car went out of his way to be in front of me and its like c'mon well I know next time it won't happen…I learn fairly quick these days and I did eventually get past that car- I got off my exit before him….I need to let go of that….i feel something coming over me and its not right and let it go…..anyways I do have 1 other that was worse than these two but too personal to talk over the internet…about that anywyas
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I climbed a 30 ft ladder that wasn't tied off and didn't extend far enough past the top ledge without fall restraint... and then I had to climb down. Looking back, I'm lucky I didn't fall and die. Also I've fallen asleep at the wheel a few times. Now I know when naps are needed even if it means I might miss a flight.

ETA: Oh crap I didn't realize till after I typed this that I was supposed to say something more fun than climbing a ladder...
    LOL

• Misshodge64
    Options
    Back in the day I done too many stuff to even sift through to put on here…I called a cop an a hole(the actually word right to his face) when i was sloshed- all he wanted was my ssi number so idk i went to the hospital and nearly got my stomach pumped…cop said he would take me to jail if i refused-i am one stubborn woman and don't start when I have too much alcohol..I won't drink like that anymore. The second was driving at and over 100 the other day because some idiot didn't want me to be ahead of him that person wasn't worth dying or killing someone else for… I did eventually beat him-I rarely go that fast to get ahead of someone -anyone-I am fairly defensive but for some reason-this car went out of his way to be in front of me and its like c'mon well I know next time it won't happen…I learn fairly quick these days and I did eventually get past that car- I got off my exit before him….I need to let go of that….i feel something coming over me and its not right and let it go…..anyways I do have 1 other that was worse than these two but too personal to talk over the internet…about that anywyas

LOVE THE HONEST.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Jumped on my motorcycle and traveled the country with less than $200 in pocket for 5 months or so...
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    ohh.. and I have run with scissors
  • Misshodge64
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Jumped on my motorcycle and traveled the country with less than $200 in pocket for 5 months or so...

LOVE IT
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Trusting.
    It's gotten me into trouble several times, some of it of the serious life-changing sort.
  • Misshodge64
    Options
    Living life in general
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I called a cop an a hole (the actual word right to his face) when i was sloshed - all he wanted was my ssi number ... cop said he would take me to jail if i refused
    In most states, even if he suspected you of a crime (and check to see whether public drunkenness is a crime in your state; i.e., can you be put in jail as punishment for it) all you have to provide is your name & place of residence (Jayne Dough, Prescott, AZ).

Then other than saying "I want my lawyer, her name is _________", SHUT UP.

No matter what else they say or do to you, shut up. Nothing you can say will make things any better. Remember this part: "Anything you say can & will be used against you in a court of law"? It doesn't say your statement can help you at all, only that they'll find some way to use your words against you (even if they have to lie).

And unless they can somehow stretch swearing to say you were committing disorderly conduct, exercising your freedom of speech is not a crime.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    ohh.. and I have run with scissors

Were they kid scissors?
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Getting a boat with some random guys at the beach. Looking back now, that could have turned out way different.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    risky generally denotes naughty so...rendezvous in the office ...during the day....then again in my own office...30 minutes after.