great tasting low cal meals?

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Beans and lentils have high satiety values because of their fiber, and have protein to boot. I've got a turkey black bean chili to die for. http://www.pinterest.com/janetkarasz/recipes-to-try/
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    WadeLam wrote: »
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    this might be crazy talk, but take any recipe that you may like and just portion it out to make it as "low cal" as you want it

This has never worked for me due to lack of self control

You might be addicted to food, see if your healthcare covers food rehab
    It's not wrong for people to be different than you. I can't believe MFP allows you to continue being arrogant to people who are here for support.

LOL, how exactly are you supporting people here?

Each and every day, I build my MFP friends up with encouragement. Treating people in that manner has led people to confide in me on several different occasions regarding personal struggles and issues, which opens the door to an opinion that was solicited. Maybe if a real concern existed, it should be private messaged rather than said publicly in a forum.
  • WadeLam
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    this might be crazy talk, but take any recipe that you may like and just portion it out to make it as "low cal" as you want it

It's not wrong for people to be different than you. I can't believe MFP allows you to continue being arrogant to people who are here for support.
    He suggests portion control and seeking help. how is that arrogance? Seems like supportive advice to me.

Someone says they have suffered from lack of self control, and he suggests food addiction and checking to see if their health insurance covers food rehab? Seriously?! You're right. Sounds like he's very concerned. *smh*

He does sound concerned. He could have told him that food addiction isn't real and that he needs to grow up and be an adult. Instead he suggested seeking help. How is that arrogant?

Please... I had two friends just last week deactivate their accounts because of the ugly comments and messages that were sent to them from this person.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Each and every day, I build my MFP friends up with encouragement. Treating people in that manner has led people to confide in me on several different occasions regarding personal struggles and issues, which opens the door to an opinion that was solicited. Maybe if a real concern existed, it should be private messaged rather than said publicly in a forum.

That's great that you hold people's hands on here and be an ear. Some of us prefer to just give information to everyone. That has lead to many people sending myself and the guy you are upset at private messages. In the almost 4 years I've been here I have helped many people and Acg has helped even more.
  • WadeLam
    Options

He suggests portion control and seeking help. how is that arrogance? Seems like supportive advice to me.

Someone says they have suffered from lack of self control, and he suggests food addiction and checking to see if their health insurance covers food rehab? Seriously?! You're right. Sounds like he's very concerned. *smh*

Your sarcasm is not needed here

Neither is his...

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

So it would have been better to tell him that there is scant evidence of food addiction in humans and to gain some will power?

Are you familiar with the Dunning Kruger effect? Encouragement isn't always the answer. But keep thinking that
  • usmcmp
    Options

He does sound concerned. He could have told him that food addiction isn't real and that he needs to grow up and be an adult. Instead he suggested seeking help. How is that arrogant?

Please... I had two friends just last week deactivate their accounts because of the ugly comments and messages that were sent to them from this person.

Really? Acg harassed your friends to the point of deactivating? Two in one week? If that was honestly the case then he would have been banned from this site long ago. He doesn't hold hands or sugar coat, but he's not the type to stalk and harass.
  • Acg67
    Options

Ugly comments = posting links to source material LMAO

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Really? Acg harassed your friends to the point of deactivating? Two in one week? If that was honestly the case then he would have been banned from this site long ago. He doesn't hold hands or sugar coat, but he's not the type to stalk and harass.

watch it...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I got one of those spiralizer things and make pasta noodles from zucchini. I've also been eating a lot of portobello mushrooms lately - they're filling and low cal.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Thank you for all of your support

Sir, that looks like a very very large burger in your picture. I agree that you probably have food addiction issues and you need to seek help for them.
  • WadeLam
    Options

You're welcome to make a joke of it, but it's actually very unfortunate. Whether or not you believe it, it doesn't change how true it is.
  • Acg67
    Options

You're welcome to make a joke of it, but it's actually very unfortunate. Whether or not you believe it, it doesn't change how true it is.

The whole forum mourns the loss of a prolific plagiarizer and his white knight. I haz those feels too
  • usmcmp
    edited October 2014
    Options

I don't believe it. I have known him since I started. He posts tons of actual research and people get upset because it challenges what they believe. That feels like a personal attack. It's not, they're just wrong.

Or they plagiarized as I have just learned. That's actually worse than being misinformed. I'd be pissed if someone started posting my blogs or recipes as their own.
  • WadeLam
    Options

:) Welcome to the club! I've been in your shoes, bud. Acg has been on my case several times the past few months. :)
  • Acg67
    Options

:) Welcome to the club! I've been in your shoes, bud. Acg has been on my case several times the past few months. :)

Still awaiting on the steps to recreate your mystery tinypic bug which removes the watermark from photos you take form other sources. I've yet to find anyone that can recreate it

• WadeLam
    edited October 2014
    Options

Still awaiting on the steps to recreate your mystery tinypic bug which removes the watermark from photos you take form other sources. I've yet to find anyone that can recreate it

^^^See - told ya!^^^
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Y'all are derailing OP's thread. Don't have a "low cal" recipe? Move on! Want to personally go at each other? Move it on!

In regards to ACG's comment, the OP did say she's a light eater and wanted something delicious and flavorful. I can only assume by mentioning that any recipe can be made low cal by adjusting the portion size that he, was in fact, not being facetious.

Anyways, OP. I suggest you check out Allrecipes.com. They have a ton of great recipes and I'm always trying something new from there! I especially like the fact that you can select items you have on hand and find recipes accordingly.

Good luck!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Quit being a jerk. Man, I'm sick of some people on this site. They need to bring the ignore function back so we can weed out the imbeciles. And then of course they call their buddies in to gang up on everyone. Pretty obvious that Acg either has multiple accounts or called two of his friends in to back him up.