calories in certain things; cold showers

Options

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Have you read what is in toothpaste? You are not supposed to ingest it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Solution: Stop brushing teeth.

I'd rather stop taking cold showers and risk the diabeetus from the toothpaste.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

jordan_1827864e.jpg

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I live for my cold showers. Cold showers provide a gentle form of stress that leads to thermogenesis (internal generation of body heat), turning on the body’s adaptive repair systems to strengthen immunity, enhance pain and stress tolerance, and ward off depression, overcome chronic fatigue syndrome, stop hair loss, and stimulate anti-tumor responses.
    Just sayin' :D

Do you have a source for this? I have CFS and I have never heard anything even close to along those lines.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I live for my cold showers. Cold showers provide a gentle form of stress that leads to thermogenesis (internal generation of body heat), turning on the body’s adaptive repair systems to strengthen immunity, enhance pain and stress tolerance, and ward off depression, overcome chronic fatigue syndrome, stop hair loss, and stimulate anti-tumor responses.
    Did you seriously just say that cold showers cure cancer?

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    :trollface:
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    LeonCX wrote: »
    I made toothpaste cheesecake. I gained 2 pounds. :'(

Giggle

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

I'd rather stop taking cold showers and risk the diabeetus from the toothpaste.

austin-powers-teeth.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

and lets not forget they reduce your body fat by 1% each time ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - if you swallow toothpaste you need to immediately take a hot shower and I am talk HOT like scalding hot..it will be painful but it worth it…do that for five minutes…get out and then take an ICE cold shower, which will negate the calories in the toothpaste….
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    so. calories in toothpaste? I am worried that I accidentally swallow some, and the calories are concerning me a little.
    and -- is it worth having cold baths and showers so that I burn more calories when heating my body back up?

cheers!

Don't forget to monitor how many bugs you eat while you're sleeping.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'll take cold showers occasionally just because it personally seems to help ease swelling in my joints. But that's about it.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    smh
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    zarckon wrote: »
    Cold showers are terrible.

And cold water actually slows your metabolism down. What do walruses, penguins, and seals have in common? They all live in cold water and they are all fat.
    Yes but so are elephants and hipppopotamuses and they live in hot climates B)

OP I hope this was suppossed to be a joke :s - of course the miniscule amounts of toothpaste you might swallow are not affecting your weight loss target and neither is what temperature you take your shower at.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Even if it was a joke, someone did drop the <insert banal activity> cures cancer claim.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Even if it was a joke, someone did drop the <insert banal activity> cures cancer claim.

And shockingly didn't come back to offer any backup.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Your screen name is "A Canadian" so... yeah.

Apologies: I got stuck on the 'double deuce' thinking cold showers made her poop twice as much. ACanadian22 what a name. Okay, carry on. . ..

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    zarckon wrote: »
    Cold showers are terrible.

And cold water actually slows your metabolism down. What do walruses, penguins, and seals have in common? They all live in cold water and they are all fat.

It doesn't slow your metabolism, it makes your body want to store more fat. Swimmers burn tons of calories, but most have a little extra fat on them. That's why swimmers (non-Olympic caliber ones, anyway) aren't as ripped as other athletes.
  • tartansheep
    tartansheep Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i wasn't joking, lmao.
    thanks though. hell, i used to worry bout calories from shampoo somehow entering my bloodstream through my hair. i know it's crazy
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    n1am1j.jpg