What diet/healthy food could you not do without?

Options

Replies

• chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    rolled oats, chicken, veggies, popcorn!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Not a diet food, but one I have started to incorporate more in my every day life is plain no fat greek yogurt. It packs a huge wollup of protein for a paltry number of calories, so it keeps me full without dinging the calorie budget. It can be sweet - added to a protein smoothie, or savory. I just had a potato with 3/4 of a cup of plain greek yogurt plus salt and pepper for dinner and it was divine.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Salmon
    Turkey
    Ground turkey
    Ground beef
    Steak
    Brown rice
    Sweet potatoes
    Idaho potatoes
    Bananas
    Pomegranates
    Asparagus
    Green beans
    Olive oil
    Garlic
    Almonds
    Pistachios
    Cashews
    Sunflower seeds
    Fiber One bars
    Kind bars
    Zone bars
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Salad! I eat a big salad nearly every day because it fills me up and keeps the calories count down. I only use a teaspoon of excellent olive oil and champagne vinegar for dressing. Yumm - I never tire of salad
  • Petzwv
    Petzwv Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds
  • StephTheVeggieKiller
    Options
    Hummus is amazing. Sub it for loaded salad dressings :)
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, chicken, egg whites, chicken, fruits, and chicken.
  • highcarbveganzombie
    Options
    Fruit (mainly bananas, granny smith apples and dates)
    Rice
    Potatoes
    Broccoli and cauliflower
    Spices

• teabee17587
    Options
    chocolate
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    mrsmay1986 wrote: »
    *Fiber One brownies/lemon bars

Yep.

Also 100 calorie bags of popcorn, Fage Greek yogurt, Designer Whey protein powder, and single serving size bags of veggies. Market Pantry has steam in bag frozen veggies and I just make one bag of veggies for me at lunch time (or when kids want corn and DH and I want broccoli). The 3oz bags of baby carrots are easy to grab and munch on, and for my kids to pack in their lunches too.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hummus!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    shazland wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! Wish there was a 'like' button on here! What is spaghetti squash?

A type of squash/gourd that you bake, and when it is cooked the flesh strings and looks like spaghetti. Yummy and can be a good substitute for pasta.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    roasted cauliflower with a bit of lemon squeezed on it. . yumm add a baked salmon filet and im good.
  • fitsporation96
    Options
    I love Oats and bananas both are healthy and I couldn't do without the bananas for some reason lol
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Lots of things: yogurt (mostly plain traditional and greek, but sometimes I'll buy the flavored ones for a sweet snack); oats (for oatmeal/porridge, muesli, soups, breads); nuts and nut butters; pumpkin puree (canned or homemade, for adding to smoothies and oatmeal, or making a pasta sauce); fresh, frozen, and dried fruits (especially bananas, apples, citrus, blueberries, cranberries); canned beans (for when I don't have time or haven't planned ahead to cook my own); canned fish, mostly tuna, salmon, and sardines, for when I want some animal protein but don't feel like defrosting and cooking it; eggs; avocados; cocoa (unsweetened ground cocoa beans, without the cocoa fat) for making my own low-cal hot chocolate and adding to smoothies and protein drinks; cinnamon (for adding to oatmeal, muesli, smoothies, hot chocolate, etc.); hot sauce for all kinds of things; a variety of flours for bread and coarse whole grains for hot cereal and to add to bread. And all kinds of veggies -- fresh spinach is especially versatile, but some of my other favorites are cabbage, bell (sweet) peppers, tomato, onions, carrots, white potatoes, kale, sweet potatoes....
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are essential for weightloss and i found out i didn't like living without fruit.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream
    I like you

• megluvsvb
    megluvsvb Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Salad , yogurt and popped corn :smile:
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    1. Chobani yoghurt squeeze pouches (honey, and coconut ftw!)
    2. Herman Brot low carb bread - I can go through bread like a boss, so it's better not to have' normal' bread in, but this is an alright replacement
    3. Eggs - 70 calories an egg makes for an easy dinner some nights
    4. Bountiful Seafoods (from Costco) Salmon burgers - 170 cal and they're delicious with some Old Bay on top
    5. Canned tuna