Whey Protein Shakes

Options
124»

Replies

• jessyjade22
    Options
    Whey Protein has to be good for you. My stepdad is a body builder off and on as a hobby. When he decides to start bulking up again to increase muscle mass/ decrease body fat he drinks protein shakes like they are water. Other than a bad knee he is in fantastic health condition.
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just think that if I'm going to put it in my mouth it better taste good!

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels! :) Sometimes you just gotta close your eyes and chug a lug! ;)

BTW my hubby and I sell the stuff. Organic. Yummy. I'm not gonna break the rules by trying to sell ya some, but just letting you know that in case you wann inbox me. :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

but seriously if thats your strategy, good luck with your fitness goals.

Why, thank you! I am enjoying faster race times, bigger lifts in the weight room, and rapidly shrinking pant sizes ever since I started eating food that tastes good! LOL

I've gone from a size 24w jean to a size 6. My 5k times are improving dramatically with each race. I'm getting stronger every day. All because every single bite I put in my mouth tastes great. :)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! Thanks for the laugh.
    We here at MFP are some damn passionate people, no?
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    agreed. haha.
    I'm just a big supporter of whey protein powder.
    You can bash a lot of supplements and I'll back you up, but it's a staple in my diet and I love it.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Nope, but why waste your money on a POWDER when you can have REAL FOOD and get the same amount of protein, have it taste phenomenal, and be completely satisfying?

Seriously... EAT A STEAK! Ribs, chicken, you get the idea.

EAT REAL FOOD, PLEASE!

You are under the Misconception that everyone wants to eat MEAT OR can eat Meat! GROW-UP! By the way...What was the average Life Span for "Pre-Historic" Man? In 20-25 years, I'd like to know the effects eating this way has on your colon. I'm willing to bet that Pre-historic Man ate meat MAYBE once a week...if they were lucky.

How much money you got? I'll take that bet.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options

True dat!
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    Thread-Crap-Die.jpg

I'm bowing out. Can't take it anymore.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nice having a spirited discussion with you, montgommery. Good luck in your journey :)
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    Nice having a spirited discussion with you, montgommery. Good luck in your journey :)
    Same here. Good luck with your fitness goals.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

GOD said "Let Mankind take dominion over the earth..."THAT is what GOD Intended!

LOL How arrogant of YOU to presume what God intended. And might I add hypocritical for calling her out and in the same darn post doing the same darn thing LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Thread-Crap-Die.jpg

I'm bowing out. Can't take it anymore.

Haha this is awesome.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I buy pure whey protein isolate with no additives and no artificial sweeteners at the health food store and the bulk food store. It is more expensive but it's natural so it's worth it to me.

Karen
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with whey, it is all the other crap the companies put into the powders.

And THAT'S what I'm trying to get at. Why eat powder when you can eat foods with ingredients you can actually pronounce and count on one hand

Thank you for voicing what I was having trouble trying to point out

whey protien poweder is a great supplement to intense workouts, its instant fuel for your muscles to replenish the workout. most people DO NOT drink just by itself mixed with water. most will mix it with fresh fruit, nonfat milk or yogurt (all real foods!)and make it a meal accompaniment . its like taking a supplement such as a multi vitamin or fish oil for example.

the OP was not suggesting they were going to stop eating real food and just drink protien shakes and your assumptions that the OP was going to not eat correctly are completely off the wall.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hemp. i'm all over it. i mix it with organic low-fat vanilla yogurt. or make a smoothie. weird to look at but my body loves it!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options

haha totally agree (minus the religious spat- disrespectful for sure) LOVIN the animated pics though- they make it fun to read all this!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ^^exactly.

I spent 65 bucks on 10 pounds.
    Which will last me about 90 days or so.
    Even at 65 days, thats one dollar per day for another 44 grams of protein.

Yes I can do that with chicken, but after a lot of my workouts, I can't eat.
    If you squat till the point of almost passing out or puking, the last thing you want to do is go home and cook a big meal to eat.
    But i can manage to down a scoop of whey with some milk or oats.

SO AGREE
  • tbrew811
    tbrew811 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Good luck on you weight loss goals.