What diet/healthy food could you not do without?

Options

Replies

• noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    addy_leigh wrote: »
    Fruit! All kinds. And Greek yogurt

I agree!

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, fresh and frozen fruits, Almond milk, Nuts, salad stuff (lettuce, spinach, tomatoes etc). Greek Yogurt, Granola, sliced lemons (for my water), boneless skinless chicken, fresh fish, smoked salmon (it's great for protein on a salad).
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt!! The plain stuff is so versatile. Works for any recipe calling for sour cream, and you get the bonus protein boost. Plus, it's awesome with some honey drizzled on top.

And I second the steam in the bag frozen veggie suggestion. If it weren't for this amazing invention, my family wouldn't get enough veggies, especially on "OMG, I'm so rushed and over-scheduled the kids' activities" sort of nights.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    steam in the bag frozen vegetables. they've saved me many an evening

amen!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek Yoghurt, eggs, spinach, lentil soup, stir fry veg, and my favourite thing - Quorn - for main meals.
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Definitely couldn't do without my Greek yogurt
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    steel cut oatmeal is a big favorite for breakfast with honey and walnuts. Sticks with me for a long time and is loaded with fiber, Raw spinach because I love it and can eat boatloads of it. Turkey is my go to meat. Low fat, high protein and delicious.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza and pasta with real semolina and whole grain flours.
  • SMarieEM
    SMarieEM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Salmon salad :) Filling, healthy and easy.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Winter squash. Even in summer. Cause I'm a rebel.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. I just put rolled oats in a mason jar overnight submerged in...gasp...whole milk. I often add chia, flax, or pumpkin seeds and a fruit. I once mashed up some raspberries and strawberries with some honey and lemon juice to the consistency of a jam and poured it on top for mixing in the next day. When you leave the jar of oats/milk in the fridge overnight, they absorb the moisture and become delicious the next day. It's a huuuuge morning saver and you can eat it right out of a mason jar (you can get them for like a buck each).

(Whole milk makes them a bit thicker and more delicious. It's not any worse than 2% or Skim. The only difference is the fat content, which studies have proven will help keep you fuller. Also a diet high in healthy fats is not necessarily a bad thing.)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and any kind of fruit or veggies
  • EthanTheBrave
    EthanTheBrave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eggs. 100%, no doubt in my mind, I could not pull this off without eggs. My diet is already limited due to a stomach disorder and I can't eat most vegetables. I fill a lot of gaps (and my belly!) with eggs.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Quorn definitely
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Non-fat plain greek yogurt, all-natural peanut butter, tuna, low-sodium soups, eggs, cherry tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, greens (all veggies, basically), nuts, apples.
    Recently I've been obsessed with pumpkins and winter squash, as well as all kinds of beans & chickpeas (but mostly baked beans, mmh) :yum:

And the one indulgence-food I could not live without: Ice cream. :grin:
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    chicken, apples, bananas, eggs
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, brussels, frozen veggies, rice and ground beef.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Chicken, eggs, greek yogurt.
  • missnolo
    missnolo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    veggies ;D
  • Daisies86
    Daisies86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Fage greek yogurt, turkey mince, oats and nut butters of every type. Oh and dark chocolate for my evening chocolate cravings