hello from Oregon!

Options
Annr
Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
So, I have a binder of diary entries since Oct 11th.....Totally doable, but its not easy. I have a couple of friends, but I need oogles! I have 60 lbs I wish to donate to the thin peeps of the world. I am old and whiny, but in my brain I feel 21. I have a supportive husband, (thank God for that), but he needs to gain weight, and presently he has made a huge @$$ pizza for lunch. So he sabotages me but doesn't mean to. My son is 15 and needs to gain weight as well...so I am soooo out numbered in this trio! Add me! You yell at me and I yell at you. Its a win win situation :-D

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    LOL -- Willing to help with yelling! Add me!
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    noexcusesjustresults2014 Posts: 212 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    So, I have a binder of diary entries since Oct 11th.....Totally doable, but its not easy. I have a couple of friends, but I need oogles! I have 60 lbs I wish to donate to the thin peeps of the world. I am old and whiny, but in my brain I feel 21. I have a supportive husband, (thank God for that), but he needs to gain weight, and presently he has made a huge @$$ pizza for lunch. So he sabotages me but doesn't mean to. My son is 15 and needs to gain weight as well...so I am soooo out numbered in this trio! Add me! You yell at me and I yell at you. Its a win win situation :-D

I hope your husband and son never read what you wrote because it was not fair.

The fact that they want to gain weight does not mean you are being sabatoged. It means you are making excuses. No amount of "support" from MFP friends will help if you continue to make excuses.

Just count calories like everyone else and make sure you consume less than your TDEE and you WILL lose weight.

I grew up in a home where our maid would always complain about her husband and son sabotaging her diet. Take responsibility and don't blame others for your lack of willpower.
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yay, Looking for more friends in the same time zone! Add me...I don't tend to yell, but will be honest and supportive. :)
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

The fact that they want to gain weight does not mean you are being sabatoged. It means you are making excuses. No amount of "support" from MFO friends will help if you continue to make excuses.

Just count calories like everyone else and make sure you consume less than your TDEE and you WILL lose weight.

I grew up in a home where my maid would always complain about her husband and son sabotaging her diet. Take responsibility and don't blame others for your lack of willpower.

Did you bother to look at her diary or ticker before you claimed she is being unfair (I believe you originally said 'mean') to her husband and son and said she was making excuses? She has no pizza logged...she didn't eat it. She has logged faithfully since Oct. 11 and lost 9 pounds. Sounds like she's doing it just right. I took the comment of "sabotaging" as jest. She said she has a supportive husband, but it's admittedly harder (not an excuse - just a reality) when others in the house have different goals.

Annr...I'm your age, been on here since January, and you are free to add me. Welcome and keep it up! You are doing great!
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    Krikit34 wrote: »

The fact that they want to gain weight does not mean you are being sabatoged. It means you are making excuses. No amount of "support" from MFO friends will help if you continue to make excuses.

I grew up in a home where my maid would always complain about her husband and son sabotaging her diet. Take responsibility and don't blame others for your lack of willpower.

Did you bother to look at her diary or ticker before you claimed she is being unfair (I believe you originally said 'mean') to her husband and son and said she was making excuses? She has no pizza logged...she didn't eat it. She has logged faithfully since Oct. 11 and lost 9 pounds. Sounds like she's doing it just right. I took the comment of "sabotaging" as jest. She said she has a supportive husband, but it's admittedly harder (not an excuse - just a reality) when others in the house have different goals.

Annr...I'm your age, been on here since January, and you are free to add me. Welcome and keep it up! You are doing great!

You know what, I think you are right and I apologize. I may have misinterpreted things and missed some context.

Perhaps I was annoyed at the percentage of threads where people are blaming others instead of taking responsibility.

OP, congratulations on your success so far and keep up the good work!
  • Annr
    Options
    heehee no worries. Yep my husband got an Italian liver we think, because he is always wanting pizza these days. It will take him awhile to gain the weight he lost during his patiently waiting days. His muscles shrank somewhat, so we need to go slowly. My 15 y old knows he is a tall skinny thing, so I am giving him protein shakes, lots of steak etc. I knew you probably didnt read my profile...no prob. :-)
  • Annr
    Options

The fact that they want to gain weight does not mean you are being sabatoged. It means you are making excuses. No amount of "support" from MFP friends will help if you continue to make excuses.

I grew up in a home where our maid would always complain about her husband and son sabotaging her diet. Take responsibility and don't blame others for your lack of willpower.

Hum, I do NOT blame others for my lack of willpower, I was stating facts. You assume to know me, and what you typed was abit harsh. I realize they (my husband and son) are

This is the husband breaking in. Nr. 1 my wife does share with me and while my son isn't aware just how hard it is for my wife I do. What I / we eat does make life hard for her and I know that. To that end I try to encourage her to eat first before we do so she won't be tempted and hungrey while fixing ours. I and my son also fix a lot of our own meals to keep her out of the kitchen. I'm here to support her and her sharing her thoughts and feelings helps that. I will now give her the keyboard back. Lee the husband.

okkkk...Husband you are sweet.