Fitbit anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One (Flex would be no good to me, I have to take anything I'm wearing on my wrists off to work) and love it. It's a reminder that even if you do a hard hour-long class, the activity you do through the day makes more difference.
  • xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had to take mine back it kept saying I burned like 2000 calories and wouldn't stay connected to my phone gonna try the jawbone

When it said 2000 calories, how long had it been since midnight? How active had you been?

I routinely burn at least 2000 calories a day. Keep in mind fitbit's calorie report is your BMR + daily activity + exercise. My BMR is around 1536. I'm not sure how tall you are, but your BMR was probably a large chunk of that 2000 calories.

Maybe that's what it was but I had one about a year ago and didn't have any problems but I couldn't get it to stay connected to my phone

• RoseB8
    RoseB8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One - absolutely love it! I am so much more motivated since I bought it 4 weeks ago - and it's amazing to see how little I was actually moving on some days. It's a real eye opener! I would really recommend the One - especially as I can't wear anything on my wrists for work so it fits in with my life perfectly.
  • kc_112
    kc_112 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and love it! I'm really looking forward to HRM ones :)
    Add me if you'd like! https://www.fitbit.com/user/2GRS4Z
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I like it but didn't use .
    Send it to me! :D

• RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My wife has a Fitbit Flex, and I have a Fitbit One. My wife had gastric bypass last November, and bought her Fitbit after she healed enough to start walking again. I bought my Fitbit a short time later, and started walking to support her efforts. My wife has lost about 40 pounds, and I lost about 30 pounds. I did good with my walking habit until about a month ago when stress at work wore me down. I lost my motivation because work stress just got to me. I recently decided to start again so I don't lose the ground I gained. The Fitbit has been useful in keeping track of activity. I'm interested in checking out the Charge HR and Surge when they come out on the market since they will monitor heart rate as well as activity.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit One as part of tracking my health and fitness data. See my blog for how I collect and visualize my data: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the flex, wear it 24/7, and it syncs to MFP. I really like it. I also use a Polar heart rate monitor when I work out so between the two, I feel like I'm getting all the information I can to help me throughout the day.
    same here☺

• xjgirl94
    Options
    So Im going to get one of the new fitbits today after work! Very excited hope it works good! Anyone have a new one?
  • BellePaige
    BellePaige Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I simply use the Fitbit as a motivating tool. It really makes you think about moving everyday. If my band doesn't buzz and I don't reach my step goal I feel incredibly guilty. I have been known to do laps around the lounge room late at night simply to meet my goal!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    I went with the Zip because I didn't want something on my wrist, and I didn't need the sleep or stairs/floor tracking, it seems to have the best track record at not falling off a person, and I'm cheap.

Me too! I'm on my third one because I kept losing them. It is always clipped to me and I think I lose them at the swimming pool. So now on swimming days I leave it at home. I've had my Fitbit Zip for months and months and my daily goal has steadily climbed. I average between 5,000 and 8,000 steps a day now.

• xjgirl94
    Options
    Same here! I only get 30 mins for lunch so I bring my own food eat then clock out for 30 and walk around the wear house but I go to the gym almost daily and walk my dog as well
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! It is the best motivator I have to get me to move more. It is the perfect tool for me. I do not sync it with MFP, because, I use mine just to coax me into moving more, and for that it is excellent! I do not care about calories burned as I do not eat back my exercise calories.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    I have a Zip.

I went with the Zip because I didn't want something on my wrist, and I didn't need the sleep or stairs/floor tracking, it seems to have the best track record at not falling off a person, and I'm cheap. :p

Same here. I have a simple Zip and it does everything I need it to do. I also read many reviews that the wrist-based ones have difficulty counting when pushing a baby stroller- an activity that accounted for half my steps over the summer.