WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    YannieJannie, what is this NAP thing you speak of? Oh, I remember now. It's what Spot is doing right now with his little chin resting on my foot. Wish I could do that. I also wish I could move my foot.
    Bubba and Johnny Ray, two good ole boys from North Carolina, were sitting' on the front porch drinking beer when a large truck hauling rolls and rolls of sod went by.

"I'm gonna do that when I win the lottery," said Bubba.

"Do what?" asked Johnny Ray.

"Send my grass out to be mowed," answered Bubba.

Sylvia, you are hilarious. Thank you! :D

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am back one more time. Seems I always come back to this thread with good intentions then life gets in my way! Well at least I took the step and signed up at the gym today. I paid for a year and have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow. A step in the right direction! My goals for November are:
    1. to get on this site and log!
    2. Get regular time at the gym
    3. Lose 4 pounds to get back in 'onederland'!

I have not read any posts because I am at work. Have to get back to it!

Rita from CT
  • myrtfgo
    Options
    Thanks all for sharing your thoughts on eating back your exercise calories. I think I'll see how each day goes. If tummy's growling and hungry, and have exercise calories to eat, I will. If not, then I think I'll just use the extra deficit. Don't want to get too low on calories, cause then I know my body will cut back too in metabolism.

Continued good day to all.

Marilyn/Minneapolis
  • myrtfgo
    Options
    Hmmmm, why isn't my ticker showing up? I've checked it twice now and thought I did everything right. Will check a 3rd time. :\
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Rita!!!!! Welcome home!
  • jaynalawayna
    jaynalawayna Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello again!
    did almost 11 miles walking yesterday then did weights last night before bed. My daughter asked for sushi for dinner instead of the soup but the walk afforded me the extra calories. Finished a 30 minute walk during lunch and had a colorful assortment of vegetable sticks to munch on this afternoon.
    Jayna
    Central California
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    myrtfgo wrote: »
    Hmmmm, why isn't my ticker showing up? I've checked it twice now and thought I did everything right. Will check a 3rd time. :\

I am having the same issue. I used to have the ticker then it "disappeared". Trying to put it back. Must be a problem with MFP.

Rita from CT
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Rita~ welcome back girlfriend....
    I was alright until I got home grrrrrrr
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Here's the link to copy your ticker and paste it into your message in the new system.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/finished

Copy the text in the box on the left. It doesn't automatically do it like before the upgrade.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and welcome to the new week. Weigh in this morning was not good and I have no one to blame but myself. I had a great weekend, as two of grand daughters from Iowa came to Kansas to DSIL's and we had a very nice visit. Also our DDIL and grand baby also came with them as a surprise. So feel very Blessed. Ate to much, but had good time. Today is a new day. Today DH and I have been married 30 years. Where has the time gone?? We are both working today, and that is ok. We celebrated this last weekend with family.
    Halloween evening I went out with several of the DGC and we walked for over an hour, so got my steps. Not alot of children out this year. Glad I got candy at our house I do not like as have alot left, so DH will have snacks for awhile.

Juanita--Snow, you can keep it. I love these cooler temps, but not ready for snow yet!

Margaret--One year I gave out Halloween pencils and they seemed to go over well.

We turned our heat on acouple days ago and seems there might be a problem. I am not happy as just had it put in last Fall. DH is taking care of calling the guy to come out.

Mary--Happy b-lated birthday.

Liz--I totally agree. the laugh of a child can make any day brigther.

Welcome Barb--This is a great group. I have lost close to 150 pounds and would like to lose about 50 more. The one thing I have learned is this is a lifestyle change and only one day at a time. Most important thing is not to give up no matter how many times you have to pick yourself up and start again.

Sylvia--Sounds like this dog needs lots of love and understanding, he sure found the right person. Hope DH enjoied his BD party with the DGC. Just read about the dog fight.

Joyce--glad to met with DD's friend went well.

Heather--DH deserves a hug. I am glad he feels better and who knows maybe what he said we sink in. I understand how hard it is to keep quite when you know someone is not looking at all the facts and wanting to fix things. I have issues with that also.

Welcome back Rita, missed you.
    Sure looks like we could get some rain. DH wants me to go to Compos meeting with him this evening. I would just like to go home to bed. Loved seeing the grand daughters from Iowa over the weekend, just not enough sleep and I am working tomorrow as other girl is sick. They had an popcorn party for our dept this afternoon as we have 100 percent of us that got the flu shot. I told myself I would not eat any, but the bag kept talking to me and now it is gone. So much salt. Enjoy the evening ladies,
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just now making it to the November thread. I skimmed the posts, but no time to respond.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tuesday morning and Melbourne Cup Day. Stan got the paper.
    Yesterday we went shopping and I had forgotten it was a Public Holiday. Woolworth's was open so did the groceries and fruit and veg. Only shop open was fish and chip shop, so got chips between us and fish each (yes battered) and ate them at the river. Tasted good but naughty. Still my food calories were only 1777, so Ok.
    Not many steps yesterday for Jeannette's Sexy Abs, and not many for shopping, went for 1 hour road walk and was sunny. So steps 8915 for yesterday. Weight stayed the same this morning, not surprised as sodium high.
    Dietitian, doctor and butchers tomorrow, Wednesday.
    Today is Jeannette's Cardio sculpt (1 hour) and 1 hour road walk, plus ironing and cleaning house.
    Made a broccoli, chicken and mushroom casserole and it is in slow cooker for dinner.
    Dietitian said to eat between 1600 and 1900 calories a day and I do NOT eat back calories. Today is 1615 and exercise = 708 cals.
    Lesley in Tasmania

67586641.png
  • crazyDogLady61
    crazyDogLady61 Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yeah a new month and a new week!

Took the dogs to a obedience trial on Saturday as a warm-up for the show that I actually care about this coming weekend.

Talga, the younger dog, did a nice job. He will get a little panicky if he thinks he messed up or can’t remember the right answer. He did a lovely job. Had a couple a major errors, but recovered nicely. He got to the edge of “that” look once, but settled back into working. He got a qualifying score for his first couple of obedience championship points.

Zedd, my older experienced dog, was on fire in the Utility class. I messed him up (causing him to not qualify in Utility) but he kept right on working. He nailed all the little parts of all the exercises in that class. I also entered him in Open because it had been a while since he had done two classes in one day. He was tired and a bit of a butthead in that class. It was not pretty, but gave me the information that I need to be ready for next week. (Make sure the blue dog gets a drink of water BEFORE going in the second class!!)

We got out of the show by noon, so had plenty of day left to get work done. We took care of the trash, got feed in for the cows, and got a good hard dog walk in before dark. I made some mulled wine as a special treat and jarred most of it into individual serving sizes so I can enjoy it later.

I got more than 30K steps for Saturday! smiley-sport033.gif

Sunday was cold and rainy. I finally broke down and turned the heat on in the back part of the house. I whimped out on doing anything useful. I took the dogs for a brisk walk to wear them out, then went out for a movie and late lunch/early dinner. Being a slug, doesn’t allow for many extra calories, so I just had a very light dinner and kept busy the rest of the evening doing the food prep for the first half of the week. (Dinner in the crockpot!!)

I still need to pack the camper and plan the meals for this weekend. The dogs love traveling, so they will have a great time.
    smiley-transport013.gif

Looking for the joy in every day, just like my dogs.

sally W.
    Oregon
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Our dish has been out since Saturday with all the wind; couldn't get through to tech people all weekend. Just got them to agree to send a tech tomorrow----$95.00 for a service call!!!! But I am getting free premium channels for a month because I told them they needed to make up for not being staffed adequately over the weekend to answer calls.

I've taken four people for colonoscopies the past year..........why, why, why do they all (without fail) feel the need to show me their inside bowel pictures? I've seen as many polyps as I ever need to and more. Is it just me or is this rather odd? Do you show others as usual practice? I'm not terribly upset; just find this very strange......haven't worked as an nurse for years and I'm honestly just there as needed transportation.

I try to eat at 1200 and don't worry about going over a bit occ. I don't count exercise calories as I don't do that much......but I'm pretty short........I don't see 1200 working for someone tall.

Enjoy Kenny Rodgers.......used to love his music; didn't realize he was still touring...good for him!

Katniki......No answers for you to solve your lack of weight loss. Seems like soccer should burn up a ton of cals. Glad you got to rest up last weekend; sounds like you have a lot of very busy long days.

Sylvia........Hope dear Spot enjoyed his nap......tell him I'm jealous........Belated Happy Birthday to your DH. Good joke!

Jayna..........11miles?????? WOW!!

Vicki.........Happy Anniversary!!!

Hello and best to everyone else!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic ..........hating the early dark!!!

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good Evening Friends,
    welcome.gif Newcomers. Glad to see others are finding us. We missed you.

talk.gif
    Thank you for the compliments on my photo. It was a non-calorie treat. Trying to catch up today yard and house work. smiley-chores005.gifFeeling tired. :yawn:
    Heather I agree with you. I am too active to survive very long on 1200 calories. When a few pounds creep back. I try to up my water and watch my portions.

smiley-bounce017.gif for all the friends reaching their health goals.
    2014 word:contentment

rose.gifMNMargaret

28257843.png

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    smiley-sport033.gifI am way behind on steps today so I should be moving rather than sitting at the computer...thus I just dropped in to say hello and wish everyone great success today.....I focus on eating on nutrition dense food and avoid wasting my precious calories on food and drink that offer my body no nutrition. I eat my exercise calories because I need fuel to keep me going.

smiley-sport033.gifBarbie from NW Washington

146200.png

my experience is that the only way to put your weight loss ticker on your post is to do it yourself....MFP is not doing it automatically.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around as much. I'm getting back to regular workouts after our trip. Today I did upper body strength training, yoga and treadmill. I made a big pot of soup and cornbread tonight. Getting more more veggies in now. I'm glad I only have 2 pounds to work on after such a good trip!

Have a nice evening!

Cindy in OK
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI went to dr,she ordered a chest X-ray,just called and I have fluid on 1 lung,need to schedule an echo and take steroids and water pill
    prayers appreciated.
    hugs
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Allison, I to am very tired of the political ads. We live in Southwestern Indiana and our cities 3 TV stations are the ones who western Ky can get. We aren't having the big elections in this midterm like Ky is so we get all the ads for Ky. Candidate A says how terrible candidate B is going to be or has been in the past. The very next minute you have candidate B touting herself and saying how terrible candidate A is. No wonder we have low vote turn outs. Everyone is totally confused

Well I'm glad we only bought a 230 piece bag of candy and they are the mini sized. No telling how many I would have eaten

My doctor says I should be on a 1300 calorie diabetic diet so I don't eat my calories back. And speaking of steps, my fitbit registered 2150 steps during the night. Do nnot know what in the world it got that. Only thing I have done differently with the fitbit is that I have lost my wrist band for sleep and am wearing a sports bra and just put in my bra.

Sylvia, you remind me so much of my daughter. We knew when she fostered Trevor that it was a 'foster fail' and we all knew she would adopt him.

Joyce, Indiana
  • hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for being so welcoming to all of us newbies! I'm back on track today after really falling off the wagon for Halloween. I did do something, however, that made me feel a little better. Years ago someone told me that "It's not what you eat in any one day that makes a difference. It's what you eat over the entire week/month/etc." So, I added all the calories that I had eaten for seven days and then divided by seven to get the average caloric intake per day. It really made me feel much better! It made me realize that I have made a lot more good choices than bad choices during the week. Don't ask me why, but somehow that fact made it easier for me to get back on track!

I do have a question about abbreviations. I see many of you use DSIL, DH, DDIL. Some of these I think I can figure out following the context of the post, but some I'm just soooo lost! Can someone tell me where I can learn what the abbreviations mean?

Terri_Mom: Have a great time at the Kenny Rogers concert. I love when I win something instead of having to pay for it! :wink:

JaneMartin02: Keeping you in prayer. Please let us know what you find out.

Thanks everyone...have a wonderful week!

Barb - South Louisiana