First thing you noticed.

Options

Replies

• sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Only lost 14lbs so far, but already noticing that my forearms don't have as much of the fat pads on the top :smile:

I said the same thing to my husband yesterday!!! Lol!!! He looked at me like I was crazy!! Ha! Im down 18lbs and the first thing I noticed was that my cronic headaches went away. I had never had them before but when my weight hit 260 I started having terrible headaches in my right temple that would last for days. Im down to 242 and haven't had one in over a month.
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm at the beginning of my journey, but...my energy has improved, I look forward to exercising, and my sex-drive has increased!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Looser clothes.

And honestly...I looked funny. My skin was a little saggy (and I only started at 163) and my proportions were more out of whack than ever. I thought I looked older without the extra chub in my face too.

Luckily things evened out :)
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I lost 60# without exercising, I found it easier to breathe and my clothes were fitting better again (This was over last 2 years). Since I started exercising in June 2014 and really working hard through proper diet and exercise, I've only lost 13# more, however, I've lost inches. I hated exercising for the first 4 weeks. I thought I wasn't going to make it because the pain from going inactive to active was horrible (and I have a high pain tolerance). However, I took it one day at a time and over time, modified my workouts. Now I lift weights alternating upper and lower body three days a week and I am HIIT training on the elliptical on those same days, I practice calisthenics 1-2 times a week and yoga once a week on the opposite days from my lift/HIIT routine. In June I couldn't hold a modified plank for more than 3 seconds and now I can hold a full plank for 60 seconds. I know what the "runner's high" is now, and I love the feeling. I don't like working out, but I love how I feel afterwards, energized, happy, full of life!! I am learning to love myself and be a friend to myself. :D
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The clothes fitting looser was pretty obvious, as that was what I was working toward. But with increased activity I started sleeping much better. I fall asleep faster and only wake when the baby wakes me up
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    There are so many differences since I've been losing weight. I can't remember what I noticed first, but I would guess it was my skin tight jeans getting loose in the thighs.

I now cross my legs without thinking about it whereas I'm pretty sure I hadn't crossed my legs in years.

Recently I've noticed that the people I see in everyday life that always seemed so "small" to me don't seem quite as small now. That is really an odd feeling.

55835802.png
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My stomach looked smaller-- thank goodness! (Still working on the last bit of pudge now, but it was far worse when I weighed 15 pounds more). My collarbones started to show. And running got way easier-- it became enjoyable for longer periods of time when I had less fat to move around and weigh me down while running.
    And then my pants didn't fit anymore!
    Also, very strange and disturbing thing I noticed-- as I got thinner, a lot of people started to appear larger to me. :o
  • JFsNewLife
    JFsNewLife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My face lost a lot of its puffiness.
    Exactly

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Clothes fitting again aka having more than three useful pairs of pants.

I have the opposite problem-- I had been a larger size for so long that I had none of my high-school and college size 4/6 pants left! I still only have 2 useful pairs of pants (other than leggings) because nice, flattering pants are expensive!

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    The fact that I can differentiate real hunger and cravings. Its been nearly two months now and I am finally seeing some clothes fitting better and some are definitely loose!
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Less foot and knee pain. Yay
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Not as tired. I somehow felt "lighter" as I was walking. It was extremely early on, so I couldn't have much lighter. 5-10 pounds maybe… but I started to feel like I was walking instead of thudding.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    30lbs is when i went down a belt notch and felt a little less lumbered when waddling around.
  • pickledeggy
    pickledeggy Posts: 31 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    When i lost 5 stone the first time. (unfortunately im right back at the start, used pregnancy as an excuse to stuff my face with junk) I now have 5 1/2 stone to lose (lost 1/2 atm). Well the first thing i noticed last time was my collarbones becoming more prominent. Face was less full. the chub on my hips was not even pinchable. The cellulite on my legs had gone. I didnt particularly feel i looked any different but when i was punching new holes into my waist belt and my boyfriend commenting on how tiny my waist was and people in the street saying ive lost alot. that kind of proved it. To be able to shop at any store. Couldnt buy plus sized things! It was all too big! But otherwise i didnt feel smaller but i was. drastically. I miss that. Thats why im motivated to do it again, but this time keep it off. I didnt notice the weight going on as i had a growing belly as i was pregnant. Just couldnt tell.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Honestly .. the only thing I noticed were my rings stopped fitting and my feet got smaller. I still don't notice anything on my body .. but I am really overweight. I have gone from 265 to 235 so far.

But .. the big thing and most important (or so they tell me) is my blood pressure went down to normal, my cholesterol is perfect now and my thyroid righted itself to a normal number as well. All really good things .. but don't help me to look any skinnier! lol
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    First thing I noticed was my pants getting looser... and then baggy. And then they tossed my ring into a poopy toilet. I'd dropped 4 pant sizes. Most recently it was this past weekend when I put on a skirt that the last time I wore it was a little difficult to get into. This time it slid right up my hips without me being afraid I'd tear it. So far I haven't noticed anything visually different except in the mugshots for my IDs at work.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25 pounds (with 50 to go!) and still barely notice anything physically. I am a pants size smaller and I can tell my butt is getting slightly smaller ( :frowning: ) and if I concentrate really hard I can see that my stomach is changing shape a little (had a baby nine months ago, didn't look the same afterwards!).

Mentally, I have a few rough days, but overall, I just feel better. It feels good to not eat junk and to be well fibered, ha. I have more stamina as well.. the first time I got on the elliptical I could barely do 12 minutes. Now I can easily do 20 and then continue on with other things in the gym.
  • arnold824
    Options
    Mine has got to be the looser clothes, I was about 109kgs and I don't look that different at 97kgs but my clothes sure as heck showed it! I could wear my clothes that I couldn't wear when I was bigger and the clothes I wore at 109kgs seem so big now.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Consistently better mood, less irritation over little things. (I take meds for this and have not needed them since starting this regimen!) My skin clears up considerably and the "bloat" in my cheeks goes away. The side curves in my waist come back slowly, so I don't look so much like an Oompa Loompa in the middle. :smiley:
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was my pants stopped feeling like they were cutting me in half from being so tight.

The second big change was that the natural "padding" in my butt disappeared. Sitting on hard surfaces is now a totally new experience...haha. I now have a 1" piece of foam on my desk chair that I didn't need prior to the weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!