What time do u stop eating ?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm not even home by 7 on most nights...

I usually eat dinner around 8:30/9:00 and I'm in bed by 10. It's never been an issue.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I try to make it a hard-and-fast rule to stop eating around the time I start snoring.
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't eat in my sleep, so I don't choke. Otherwise, a bulk of my calories are eaten in the evening because I prefer it this way.

Eat in a way that makes you feel best...your body functions 24/7, irregardless of when you eat.

I'm supposed to stop about 3 hours before lying down due to reflux, but I don't always.

Then you lie in the "what makes you feel best" ;P

Obviously, if it makes you feel yucky to eat so close to bed, dont.

The misconception that gets tossed around is "if you eat before you sleep you won't burn it off and it'll get turned to fat"

At least, that's what I've seen to nauseum on the boards.

If that were even remotely true, I'd have never lost 53 lbs. Or gotten to where I am now. I enjoy my Talenti pints watching anime right before bed and I'm not about to stop :wink:

Just had Talenti! Trying to decide to go back for 50 more grams with my remaining calories or not...

Must know flavor..... for science! :D my favorite is chocolate peanut butter cup and sea salt caramel :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Remember, as you savor each bite...it's all in the name of science! I've seen it but never tried it. May have to get a pint when I get paid again.

the sea salt caramel is like an orgasm in your mouth.

Why would you buy food that tastes like spunk that?
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg
    I stop eating before I turn the light off to sleep, but not always. I generally have my last small snack with my before bed reading. It's my nighttime ritual. Where did you get the idea that food sits in your stomach all night? Just because you are asleep doesn't mean that all of your body processes go to sleep as well.
    Because your body takes 6-8 hours for your food to even go thru the stomach line so if you sleep then yeah lol but i trust what u say thanks !

This is just too funny for words!

Lol oh is it?

• SingRunTing
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg
    I stop eating before I turn the light off to sleep, but not always. I generally have my last small snack with my before bed reading. It's my nighttime ritual. Where did you get the idea that food sits in your stomach all night? Just because you are asleep doesn't mean that all of your body processes go to sleep as well.
    Because your body takes 6-8 hours for your food to even go thru the stomach line so if you sleep then yeah lol but i trust what u say thanks !

Lol oh is it?

The question is really why do you think it matters?
  • neekmichelle922
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg

Lol oh is it?

oh, it's very funny...lol...

Creeeeep lol
  • neekmichelle922
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg

Lol oh is it?

No the question is why do want to know why I think it matters lol
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg

Lol oh is it?

Because you presented the information as if it were significant. We're trying to understand the significance.
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg

Lol oh is it?

Ummm.... because you started this thread to ask about this and they only way to answer your question is to understand why you're thinking meal timing is important.

It's not by the way. I would rather address your specific concerns than just give you a sweeping answer. But apparently that's not what you want.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Our bodies don't stop processing food just because we're sleeping. I know I lose between one and two pounds each night so it's obviously burning calories.

This whole "don't eat after a certain time at night" seems to stem from some research done years ago that most people who eat after dinner gain weight. In other words, by dinnertime they've already consumed their maintenance calories for the day so anything they eat after dinner is extra calories and causing them to gain weight. People have misconstrued that to mean they shouldn't eat after dinner, but if you have the calories left then there's no reason you can't.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Whenever I run out of calories, stop being hungry or need to sleep.
  • neekmichelle922
    edited November 2014
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg

Lol oh is it?

Ummm.... because you started this thread to ask about this and they only way to answer your question is to understand why you're thinking meal timing is important.

It's not by the way. I would rather address your specific concerns than just give you a sweeping answer. But apparently that's not what you want.
    I have pcos so my body doesn't process sugars and carbs correctly so eating them & not working out is really bad for me THATS why if you have any specific information on this pleaseeee tell me
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I heard 7pm even tho I know it's all about calories burned vs calories taken in but it's not good to have food sitting in ur stomach alll night right ?

The idea that you shouldn't eat after a certain time because you can't digest food at night is an old wives tale. Ignore that unless you have some kind of medical condition. In which case, your doctor will tell you when.
  • neekmichelle922
    Options
    I heard 7pm even tho I know it's all about calories burned vs calories taken in but it's not good to have food sitting in ur stomach alll night right ?

The idea that you shouldn't eat after a certain time because you can't digest food at night is an old wives tale. Ignore that unless you have some kind of medical condition. In which case, your doctor will tell you when.
    Do you think pcos counts as 1 for this matter ?
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I feel full, or have hit my calories, or just don't feel the need to eat anymore. There is no magical time to stop eating.

With that said, some people sleep and/or feel better depending on when they eat. But beyond that, nope, doesn't matter. I've lost over 50 pounds and I often have a drink or a small snack before bed.
  • neekmichelle922
    Options
    4gfx6pvnnkck.jpg

Lol oh is it?

oh, it's very funny...lol...

Creeeeep lol

naive...lol...
    Still creepin tho go away:P