Help - suggestions needed for my 3pm sugar craving

Options
2»

Replies

• chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Why not just not think about it so you dont have to have a '3pm sugar craving'?

If I could do this I would not be overweight in the first place.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I do too. I have warm milk with chocolate protein shake - hot chocolate for less than 200 cals. Or sometimes I just have chocolate :wink:
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Low calorie instant hot chocolate drinks - usually around 40 calories.

Alpro soya dark chocolate pudding - 120ish calories.

Nakd Cocoa Orange bar - made of dates, cashews and cocoa - 140ish calories.
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be chocolatey? I've been slicing up an apple and eating it with about an ounce of fresh mozzarella. It's tasty and filling enough as a snack.
  • mustloseweight2015
    Options
    I eat a couple of Dove dark chocolate squares. One piece is some 45 calories or so. It's rick, creamy, and under a 100 calories.
  • Fitfornowt
    Fitfornowt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try a Nakd bar! Cocoa Loco and Cocoa Crunch are my favourites; these two are just over 100 calores each and they hit the chocolate spot, plus they fill you up because they contain only raw fruit and nuts; so virtuous!
  • bcerk
    bcerk Posts: 41
    Options
    Usually what I do for sugar cravings is I drink one of those "Ice" flavored waters that I getting pretty popular. They are 0 calories and are only 1$ a bottle. Delish. They come in many flavors.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    how about something like This
  • fruitysky
    fruitysky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try a Quest bar! They are seriously my favorite thing on the planet; they have tons of flavors (many of which are chocolate based) and they're 200 or less calories. They've also got tons of fiber and are low in sugar. My favorite flavors are: Cookies and Cream, Double Chocolate Chunk, Mixed Berry Bliss, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. Seriously though, they're ALL amazing.
  • RicaFit
    RicaFit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Why not just not think about it so you dont have to have a '3pm sugar craving'?

I like this simple tip. It works for me. I know part of my weight gain was automatic eating. Not thinking about it. I married and he ate a lot.. I ate with him. Once I started paying attention, I realized the habits I had picked up. I know sugar is terrible, but I really need energy. (My iron infusion is next month :smiley: ). I usually go with a mocha k-cup. I love this comment because he really brings out the simple act of thinking. Recognizing what is happening (exactly as the original post does) and making changes. I even thought yesterday about the outcome 1. I want it. 2. I eat it. 3. I don't reach my goal of gradually reducing sugar to just natural fresh fruit sugars. I only went gluten free 45 days ago, so I figure sugar free is right behind it.

So, since i had some grape jelly for the first time in ages for lunch, I had some grape jelly for my snack too. --- Yep, I am a work in progress. It was half the calories of the k-cup. I will kick it, and meditation on what, why and how will certainly help!
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If you're open to trying just about anything, try pinching your earlobes and nose for 10 seconds each. This is apparently rooted in traditional Chinese medicine theories, and has worked for some people. Not sure if it's truly effective, though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Quest bars definitely. Or some Greek yogurt with fruit, jam or nut butter.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    A 90 calorie browning or granola bar from Fiber One? Even my dad likes these things lol