Over 2lbs lost after a naughty weekend!! Confused!!?

Options
so I workout roughly 5 days a week 40 minute workouts. I have recently adjusted my weight loss goal since reaching only 10 lbs above my ideal BMI. I have been eating MORE and loosing weight!

However this Easter weekend, i ate chips and salsa, went out to Moxie's (a very yummy restaurant in Canada), ate pie, cookies, chocolate etc.

I did a 3km walk in the morning one day and did a fair bit of walking another day.

How did I drop 2.5 lbs!?! Maybe i sped up my metabolism? Any ideas?! I am confused!

Oh I didn't even mention my alcohol consumption!! hahaha

Replies

• lazywriter
    Options
    Food you eat on a Friday will not show up until Sunday or Monday. Chances are if you're eating a calorie deficit ALL WEEK LONG and mess up one day, you won't see any weight gain at all. (Unless you eat like 5000 cals in that one day). Don't worry too much.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    A lot of drinking equals dehydration. But, it could also be one of those flukes. The long-term trends will tell. :)
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    well I stopped eating poorly last Monday and it was only 3 days on being "bad". So if the loss of 2 lbs in a week after... i wonder what that means.

Maybe i sped up my metabolism but consuming much more than usual.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    so I workout roughly 5 days a week 40 minute workouts. I have recently adjusted my weight loss goal since reaching only 10 lbs above my ideal BMI. I have been eating MORE and loosing weight!

However this Easter weekend, i ate chips and salsa, went out to Moxie's (a very yummy restaurant in Canada), ate pie, cookies, chocolate etc.

I did a 3km walk in the morning one day and did a fair bit of walking another day.

How did I drop 2.5 lbs!?! Maybe i sped up my metabolism? Any ideas?! I am confused!

Oh I didn't even mention my alcohol consumption!! hahaha

Weight fluctutation. I've gained/lost 2-4 lbs in just a single day. The true test is week to week ie consistant weight loss. My maintainance calories is about 3000 a day. Eating responsibly i probably eat way under 2000 a day. I''ll go over MFP today for sure as Friday is my drinking and snack night which means even though i don't count i will not reach my maintainance calorie limit even with as much beer as i would like this evening. Even if i do the other 6 days of the week i will be waaaay under. Have fun.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I`d be happy with the loss.
  • jackal75
    jackal75 Posts: 95
    Options
    Could be a number of things.... water retention (or lack of), bloating (or lack of), and calories...

There is a such thing as too few calories. If you were eating too far below what MFP has you set for, you could have had yourself into starvation mode which only slows your metabolism. If that is the case, when you ate more in combination with the walking you sped your metabolism back up and began burning calories more efficiently.

Another theory could be the salsa. Spicy foods help the metabolism. While the sodium isn't very good, the spices in the salsa may have been a kick in the butt for you.
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have always seen a little loss after a "naughty weekend" - IF during the weeks before that I've been doing really well. I think there is a bit of a metabolism boost - a shock factor, if you will. It's a short-lived effect, though, so get back on track now and move forward :)