kirstyk05 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    kirstyk05 wrote: »
    "Anyone else feeling like your not getting the losses you deserve?"

You dont 'deserve' anything. This is not how losing weight works. All of your 'hard work' is your own subjective opinion. If I considered getting out of bed 'hard work', would that mean that I deserved to lose weight?

If your putting the effort in then you do deserve to see results.

If you class getting out of bed as hard work then no you obviously wont get results...... I would rather you kept your subjective opinions to yourself seeing as you find getting our of bed hard work?!

You can tell from my original message I am exercising 5 times per week whilst working full time, looking after a 4 year old and running my own business of an evening and weekend plus I weigh and prepare my meals in advance to ensure I have everything I need. Giving what I am doing then yes I think I deserve to see some sort of results

No you dont deserve results. This is a bit of a spoilt attitude. You only get results if you are eating at a calorie deficit.

The point I was making about getting out of bed is that what you think is hard work is your own opinion and in the end is completely irrelevant. Loads of us have kids, have jobs, cook meals, etc.... that doesnt entitle us to anything.

Opinions dont equal weight loss. Calorie deficit = weight loss.

Spoilt attitude? I actually find you extremely arrogant

Exercising like I have and eating the way I have according to MFP I am spot on everything having 40 carbs/40 protein/20 fat and I am following calorie deficit by having the 1200 calories per day

Wouldn't you expect weight loss???

You can call me arrogant all you like, but I had the same attitude I had towards myself when I was losing weight. You should try it maybe.

3 years ago I was overweight, was running or playing football 3-4 times a week, and like you, I have a daughter, had a job.... but I know that I consumed too much so didnt have a calorie deficit. I could have moaned about deserving to see results based on my hard work, but tried a more accepting solution instead.... (it worked you know...)

I do have a calorie deficit of around 1000 cals so I know I am not eating to much?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You dont 'deserve' anything. This is not how losing weight works. All of your 'hard work' is your own subjective opinion. If I considered getting out of bed 'hard work', would that mean that I deserved to lose weight?

If you class getting out of bed as hard work then no you obviously wont get results...... I would rather you kept your subjective opinions to yourself seeing as you find getting our of bed hard work?!

You can tell from my original message I am exercising 5 times per week whilst working full time, looking after a 4 year old and running my own business of an evening and weekend plus I weigh and prepare my meals in advance to ensure I have everything I need. Giving what I am doing then yes I think I deserve to see some sort of results

No you dont deserve results. This is a bit of a spoilt attitude. You only get results if you are eating at a calorie deficit.

The point I was making about getting out of bed is that what you think is hard work is your own opinion and in the end is completely irrelevant. Loads of us have kids, have jobs, cook meals, etc.... that doesnt entitle us to anything.

Exercising like I have and eating the way I have according to MFP I am spot on everything having 40 carbs/40 protein/20 fat and I am following calorie deficit by having the 1200 calories per day

You can call me arrogant all you like, but I had the same attitude I had towards myself when I was losing weight. You should try it maybe.

3 years ago I was overweight, was running or playing football 3-4 times a week, and like you, I have a daughter, had a job.... but I know that I consumed too much so didnt have a calorie deficit. I could have moaned about deserving to see results based on my hard work, but tried a more accepting solution instead.... (it worked you know...)

I do have a calorie deficit of around 1000 cals so I know I am not eating to much?

if you truly have a deficit of 1000 cals per day, every day, you would be losing weight. i would go to the doctors if you're not.
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    If you truly have a deficit of 1000 cals per day, every day, you would be losing weight. i would go to the doctors if you're not. [/quote]

I have lost 0.5lb since last Tuesday, cant help but feel disheartened as was hoping for better losses
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Ok. Carry on then. But just remember, it isnt a question of deserving. If you arent losing the weight then the numbers just dont stack up. It isnt a question of having to prove something to the 'arrogant man' on MFP, is it now?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I have lost 0.5lb since last Tuesday, cant help but feel disheartened as was hoping for better losses

you have lost half a pound in a week, so you're on a deficit of about 250 cals, not 1000?

or theres some water weight going on somewhere?
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Again, you might be eating too little. Eat back your exercise calories. Too high a deficit could stifling your progress. How much do you want to lose per week?

• kirstyk05
    Options

you have lost half a pound in a week, so you're on a deficit of about 250 cals, not 1000?

or theres some water weight going on somewhere?

Im hoping it is just water as cannot understand why

Thank you
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »

Again, you might be eating too little. Eat back your exercise calories. Too high a deficit could stifling your progress. How much do you want to lose per week?

I was hoping on 2lbs per week
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Well, the good news is you're making progress. That's great! I lost 90 pounds at 1 pound per week. 2 pounds is a high deficit and hard to maintain. Just my opinion. Many people do it that way though, so to each his/her own.
    Again, best of luck to you.
    <3

• TavistockToad
    Options

to be honest with 20lbs to lose, the most you should be aiming for is 1lb per week.

but, eating too little wont stop you from losing weight, which is the point eldamiano has been making. how long have you been at 1200 cals for without losing weight?
  • kirstyk05
    Options

Well, the good news is you're making progress. That's great! I lost 90 pounds at 1 pound per week. 2 pounds is a high deficit and hard to maintain. Just my opinion. Many people do it that way though, so to each his/her own.
    Again, best of luck to you.
    <3

Thank you, xx
  • kirstyk05
    Options

to be honest with 20lbs to lose, the most you should be aiming for is 1lb per week.

but, eating too little wont stop you from losing weight, which is the point eldamiano has been making. how long have you been at 1200 cals for without losing weight?

It is just the last week I have only lost 0.5lbs which has disheartened me ive only been following MFP for 2 weeks
  • TavistockToad
    Options

It is just the last week I have only lost 0.5lbs which has disheartened me ive only been following MFP for 2 weeks

weight loss isnt linear, you wont lose every week, some weeks you might even gain...
  • kirstyk05
    Options

weight loss isnt linear, you wont lose every week, some weeks you might even gain...

God help me that week then :-( I will see how I get on ive been reading up on calorie deficit so will continue with what I am doing but try and eat some of my exercise calories back

Thanks for your help and advice
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

God help me that week then :-( I will see how I get on ive been reading up on calorie deficit so will continue with what I am doing but try and eat some of my exercise calories back

No hard feelings by the way, I hope.....
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Tabithas_Transformation Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Weight loss isn't always linear. I know that in the beginning of my journey on MFP, I got so frustrated because I was at my 1000 calorie deficit every day but didn't lose the full 2lb that I felt this deficit entitled me to. However! There is light at the end of the tunnel, because I've since discovered that I might go weeks without losing and then lose 5lb+ overnight.

I did some research and I'm not the only one who experiences these big whooshes in weight loss. It's quite common and I think especially prevalent when you're female since we tend to hold onto a lot of water weight for two weeks out of the month due to our cycles.

I would suggest that you stick with what you're doing - keep active and keep logging accurately. Re-visit in 4-6 weeks and if you still haven't lost anything, speak with your doctor. But remember that 0.5lb a week isn't insignificant when your goal is to lose 20lb. Slow and steady is always better.
  • kirstyk05
    edited October 2014
    Options

No hard feelings by the way, I hope.....

:smiley: no hard feelings... things can often come across more harsh in txt/message rather than face to face
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Ravachu wrote: »

Weight loss isn't always linear. I know that in the beginning of my journey on MFP, I got so frustrated because I was at my 1000 calorie deficit every day but didn't lose the full 2lb that I felt this deficit entitled me to. However! There is light at the end of the tunnel, because I've since discovered that I might go weeks without losing and then lose 5lb+ overnight.

I did some research and I'm not the only one who experiences these big whooshes in weight loss. It's quite common and I think especially prevalent when you're female since we tend to hold onto a lot of water weight for two weeks out of the month due to our cycles.

I would suggest that you stick with what you're doing - keep active and keep logging accurately. Re-visit in 4-6 weeks and if you still haven't lost anything, speak with your doctor. But remember that 0.5lb a week isn't insignificant when your goal is to lose 20lb. Slow and steady is always better.

Thank you :smile:

I am going to try and up the exercise and continue top log everything
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    So pleased I stuck with my regime :smiley: 8lbs down xx
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Take measurements. From August 1st to October 1st I only lost ONE POUND, but over 10 inches on my body. From October 1st to November 1st, I lost 4 more inches, and five pounds. For me, measurements have been a MUCH better indicator of change than the number on the scale.