Lacking Motivation :(

Options

Replies

• koronakona
    koronakona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats kirstyk05! Way to stick with it!!
  • VaikeVihm
    Options
    Sounds like you just need to stop being impatient and keep going and make sure you're tracking as religiously as you say. You don't stop losing weight at 1000 calories a day. Just give it time and keep doing what you're doing. If you don't have much weight to lose you will lose it slower. Stop being impatient.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    kirstyk05 wrote: »
    So pleased I stuck with my regime :smiley: 8lbs down xx

Awesome! Thanks for the update!
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    Everyone has days like that, but the thing to remember is that in the long run your goals will be achieved. When I feel like slowing down or not putting in as much effort I look at pictures of myself now and when I first started about 2 years ago and can immediately see the difference, and that helps to keep me motivated.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When I really drop my calories, I get demovated and tired, too, and feel like I am not making progress. Now, my goals are better, more intense workouts. I like staying motivated. It is hard to fuel motivation, let alone muscles, on very little calories.
  • kmack29_
    kmack29_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    one thing that works for me is making some small NSV goals! things like "do X amount of pushups", "run X amount faster", "take the stairs", etc. i find these types of goals give me confidence when i reach them even if i haven't hit what i wanted on the scale. it's not just about the scale, it's an overall healthy way of living!
  • Hotapplepie35
    Hotapplepie35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It could be stress but it sounds like your doing everything you can so just give it time.
  • Cannonchick
    Cannonchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How long have you been"stuck"? Do you tend to eat the same kinds of foods regularly? maybe you need to "shock" your system with different foods and different exercise. Good luck, and keep your chin up!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for all the flack you are getting here, really. Computers are really bringing out the worst in people it seems. I didn't read every post, but did you state how long you have been in a stall? Sometimes the body catches up after several weeks, not sure how much time you've given it?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for all the flack you are getting here, really. Computers are really bringing out the worst in people it seems. I didn't read every post, but did you state how long you have been in a stall? Sometimes the body catches up after several weeks, not sure how much time you've given it?

who's giving her flack?? you should read all the posts, and dates of the posts, to give you an idea of what is going on.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I would focus on your logging make sure you are logging everything and its accurate plus your deficit is set up properly. As the others have pointed out 1lb a week would be more realistic and it isnt linear. No indication how much exercise you are doing either.

There are people on the success section who have lost weight over three years through sheer pesistence. Start getting some perspective that it isnt going to happen overnight and that you ahve enough determination to see it through.
  • kirstyk05
    kirstyk05 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    VaikeVihm wrote: »
    Sounds like you just need to stop being impatient and keep going and make sure you're tracking as religiously as you say. You don't stop losing weight at 1000 calories a day. Just give it time and keep doing what you're doing. If you don't have much weight to lose you will lose it slower. Stop being impatient.

You seriously need top mind your own business! How rude can you be!

If you see my recent post it was to show people to stick with what your doing as the results will show! Hence ive lost 8lbs
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    I find it extremely sad that people tend to go off on one and be rude on the forums.

Did your parents not teach you anything? If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say then don't bother :smile:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Change your routine up.
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Congrats kirstyk05! Way to stick with it!!

BZAH10 wrote: »

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Thank you for your kind comments, I really appreciate it xx
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Sometimes water hangs on for several weeks after the fat is lost. It is very confusing trying to keep track while this is going on. It will come off eventually but Lord only knows when, or how it "decides" when it's time! So check and see if your measurements are changing, or your clothes are fitting differently... or any other indicators that could give you a clue as to your progress.

Also, I hope people besides just me will keep on telling MFP that we want our "ignore" button back so as not to have to be bothered with internet "experts"/ know it alls who take it upon themselves to "school" others. *rolls eyes*
  • healthysmart
    healthysmart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The reality of weight loss is that you need to eat a caloric deficit. Judging by your profile picture, you're not that large. So weight loss is going to take longer for you. If you're TDEE is 1600 calories, and you're eating 1200 calories--you're at a 400 cal/day deficit. That would put you at a weekly deficit of 2800 cal/week. For a month that is a 3.2 pound loss, or .8lb/week. Weight loss takes time, stick with it.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    If you're already close to a normal weight it's better to keep your weight loss slow. Like 0.5 pounds a week. And it takes time. LOTS of time.

I would guess that you're not eating enough for one thing, you need to increase those calories by a few hundred. I eat 1,500 a day and I'm still losing fairly steadily, I am active usually 4-5 times a week and lift weights.

But to give you an idea of how slow it is, I will have been doing this steadily for one year on 11/6 (tomorrow) and I have lost almost 20 pounds, which is about a half pound a week. Some weeks the scale does nothing, then overnight I'll drop 1.5 pounds. So yeah. It's torture. But you just have to keep doing it.

• kirstyk05
    Options

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    how long have you been doing the same thing?

it might be time to increase the difficulty.