Digital body weight scales that continuously update (like a kitchen or dial/analog scale)?

Options
2»

Replies

• Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is the scale I have. I don't do it really any more but I have weighed myself before using the toilet and then weighed myself after. It marks the difference even if I only peed.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much body fat I have , when yours changes does it change alot? I do agree it should not change hourly.
    Not to hijack the thread but when I'm weighing myself before and after a run, as I mentioned earlier, and I drop one or two pounds of water through sweat, it will almost always shave a few tenths of a percentage off the body fat calculation. It also says my body fat is between 22% and 24% when I'm fairly certain it's over 30%. It's frankly gotten to the point that I don't even bother checking it anymore. I just check my weight.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a scale like yours, it can be annoying. Mine is a weight watcher scale.It also weighs in the .2 increments. I have had this one about 8 years. I would like to try one that measures body fat too. Are they very accurate?

I recently got this scale which measures body fat. I believe it to be accurate but it does have "memory" of what your previous weight was. It can be used for up to 8 or 9 people so it detects who is getting on the scale based off of which user weight it is closest to when you step on (I'm the only one who currently uses it though) which therefore makes the memory feature necessary I guess. I actually like that it kind of gives me a weight and "sticks with it" because with my old scale if I got on and off 10 times I'd get 10 different numbers and then be confused/torn on which one was "correct" for me to use. With this one it won't change the number but I do believe it's accurate because if for instance I got on fully clothed and then without the weight would be different. You're not supposed to have to "zero" it out before you weigh but I do because I've found if I don't it will be off by as much as 4lbs. I don't know why that is but I basically put my foot on it until the number comes up and then take my foot off so it goes back down to zero (the numbers do change as you're getting on) and then get on. The number will lock in after a few seconds then it displays weight, body fat, water, muscle and bone percentages.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CZPWUV0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Buy a balance beam scale and be done with it.
  • enzamatic
    enzamatic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, it seems like people looking for something to display the weight of beer left in their keg are having the same struggle with digital scales - i/e/ having to remove/replace their keg to get a new reading. I'm thinking the biggest disadvantage with a scale that is taking constant readings is just that battery life will be hell unless you have an off switch, which you could forget to use. But that's easily remedied with an auto-timeout-off, similar to a kitchen scale.
  • enzamatic
    enzamatic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ugh ok - I think this was my scale:
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/conair-thinner-glass-and-chrome-digital-scale/1013413312?mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_bath_&adpos=1o1&creative=39230270749&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiAsueiBRCT8YOM4PDElsYBEiQAaiI4IDcVsj8HgI_fGxyaIXsOfYXJBO8T4mJVMju9vbuEnEMaAirw8P8HAQ

Note comments like this, they make me feel less crazy- ""Do Not Buy This Scale!! First, the scale is utterly unreliable. I can weigh myself five days in a row at different times each day (i.e. before breakfast, after a workout, after a huge meal, etc.), and it will give me the same weight, to the tenth, each time. That's impossible"

So - sounds like any other scale but that, and the weight watchers one would be fine (note that both of those were made by Conair, so likely the same essentially). Interestingly my coworker has a cheapo digital scale he got at somewhere like Menards and it gives continuous readings (like - you can see it change as you lean). I love hearing going cheap would do the trick!