Breakfast on the go

Options
13»

Replies

• 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Amitysk wrote: »
    Try this! Super easy and you can take a cooked egg and add it onto your own english muffin at home. Just heat up! Also, this recipe is so versatile you can add lots of different stuff!

1. Spray a muffin pan with some non-stick cooking spray.
    2. Throw in Spinach if desired
    3. Crack one egg into each well.
    4. Sprinkle the eggs with a little salt & pepper or whatever seasonings that you’d like.
    5. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Topping ideas: bacon, ham, cheese, mushrooms, sausage, etc! You can even add a different mix to each cup do it's not the same every day.

Honestly, I never thought of this. And this is brilliant :P Getting a muffin pan tomorrow!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses but my go-to commuter breakfasts are:
    - greek yogurt with granola and/ or berries
    - egg cups (slice of deli meat in the bottom of a cupcake tin, add egg, seasoning, bake for 20 mins at 350 degrees). I make a dozen of these, pop them in the fridge, and micro before I head out the door
    - steel cut oats. I make a big batch on Sunday, portion into mason jars and chuck in the fridge. In the morning I micro, add some berries, screw on the lid, chuck in my purse and run out the door
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/breakfast-breakfast-sandwich-maker-25475.html

You can make your own breakfast sandwich each morning quickly and easily if you don't want to make ahead for the week.

We have one of these and they make AMAZING breakfast sandwiches, and you can control what goes in them.
    10x better tasting than a Mcanything and you can control the sodium in it. I know as I have HBP and need to watch my salt intake.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I sometimes just eat home-made veggie soup for breakfast--the non-breakfast food thing. if you gotta get out of the house, you can microwave it at work. I eat it with some wasa crackers and laughing cow cheese. It's easy and keeps me full for a while. Sometimes I have 1 bowl at breakfast and 1 at lunch too--but I don't get easily bored of food when it's something I like to eat.
  • swisarmygrl
    swisarmygrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eating a calorie surplus is a big reason for weight gain. If you like your McDonald's, eat it, log it, and make room throughout the rest of your day.

Adult life pro-tip: you can eat whatever you want for breakfast - doesn't have to be "breakfast food."

I like the "adult life pro-tip" as I consume the most random leftovers and things for breakfast and people always think I'm weird.
  • Jamstribe
    Jamstribe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would sugggest Egg white delight if you need McDonalds OR the overnight oatmeal recipes online are quite nice and you can make them up 2-3 days ahead of time. Non Breakfast food is also a great idea :)
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    skullshank wrote: »
    Have a sandwich. You aren't limited to "breakfast food", make a sandwich the night before and have it in the fridge. Bake some savoury muffins for the week.

BK serves burgers for breakfast now.

angry whopper > croissandwich

angry whopper on a croissant > angry whopper > croissandwich

I just doubled down.

This was a game-changer. Goodbye, calorie deficit.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this post is a repeat, but I skimmed through the search results and didn't see exactly what I was looking for.

Right now I stop at McDonald's every weekday morning for breakfast. I'm a working mom of a two year old and I'm not a morning person. I don't like sweet breakfast foods so things like oatmeal, yogurt and cereal is out of the question. I know I need to stop with the Mickey D's but I haven't really found a suitable replacement for convenience and preference. I've tried making breakfast meals ahead of time, but honestly who wants to eat the same egg mixture every day for 5 days? I've been eating Jimmy Dean's breakfast bowls and I really like them, but they are so high in sodium.

I just don't know what to do and I know this habit is a big reason for my weight gain.

How is your schedule set up to where you are not able to make breakfast, if you dont mind me asking? Just curious....

• Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    I don't love to cook, so I grab a hard boiled egg and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Plus, one half cup of lo-fat cottage cheese (or plain yog) with some berries (antioxidants!). If berries seem too sweet in the morning, how about watermelon chunks? And melons are full of water which can help with satiety.

I've often had dinner leftovers for breakfast, too: chicken tortellini soup or pizza, mmmm.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I agree with don't stick to breakfast foods...have a sandwich, make it the night before. Yummy turkey sandwich, or pb & j, or tuna salad, or egg salad.

You said you don't like sweet...you can try plain oatmeal (I prefer Better Oats Steel Cut classic (plain)) and put whatever you want in it. Very low sugar. My preference is 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter and 1 tbsp of Nutella.

And I agree with making stuff on Sunday, portion it out, then work morning...nuke and go.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This will change your life :)

http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/post/43158050000

Don't let mean people get to you. My only objection to McDonald's is that if you make your own version it will speed up your progress and you will spend less money on breakfast :p
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    As for time, quit making excuses. I raised two daughters alone who were 14 months apart in age. That means when I had a one year old, I also had a 2.5 year old. I still managed to eat something before breakfast at home at the kitchen table before packing everyone up to go to school and work. Among other things, do you really want to start feeding that stuff to your child?

Uh, good for you. And who says I feed that to my child? My child actually eats very well, better than me actually.

To everyone else who choose to reserve judgment, thank you for your suggestions. I have done the make-ahead burritos and egg muffins. I just need to find a way to jazz it up because they start to get so lame. Maybe I'll go with the non-breakfast food idea.

LOL...if we could all be Superwoman. :wink:

• ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch of turkey sausage egg muffins and they are great. 166 calories apiece.