What to Eat at Cheesecake Factory?

Options
PwrLftr82
PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
So, I'm heading to Cheesecake Factory tonight for dinner. I've got the gluten-free menu here:

http://www.theglutenfreemenu.com/2013/11/the-cheesecake-factory-gluten-free-menu.html#.VFunUaMo6M8

(I have celiac, but am willing to risk it tonight a bit). I am definitely having the Godiva chocolate cheesecake because it's friggin amazing....but what about dinner? I feel like I always get the same things...what would YOU get from this menu? Thanks!

ETA: I've posted this in the "gaining weight" forum because I'm currently bulking. I'm not trying to restrict any calories, just eat some yummy food!

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    Options
    I don't know if I'd be happy with myself just getting a salad there LOL. I tend to be a big slut for nachos...but I've actually never had theirs so I was leaning that way.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love their salad, had it once as a side for a burger - and wished there were more of it.
    -
    - go lightly knowing there'll be cheesecake. their portion sizes are so big that you may find that you take the dessert to go.
    -
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You're bulking.

eat all the things.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    RoseyDgirl wrote: »
    I love their salad, had it once as a side for a burger - and wished there were more of it.
    -
    - go lightly knowing there'll be cheesecake. their portion sizes are so big that you may find that you take the dessert to go.
    -

I'm not too worried about the calories. I'll have around 1500 to play around with when I get there--plus I can take leftover food for lunch the next day (if I do that, it kinda kicks out salad as that doesn't keep as well as nachos because those don't reheat well)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's gluten free because of the tortilla chips (but there aren't that many on there) but they have this amazing mexican tortilla salad. It's on the "light" menu, but it is sooooo good. And I'm not a salad person at all, but it's what I get every time I go to Cheesecake Factory.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING! Cheesecake Factory is the highest level of temptation. It is the epitome of large-portion awesomeness. Don't cheapen the experience by eating light. Let this be a one-time event and enjoy it to the fullest. Then get back on the plan tomorrow. We don't have a Cheesecake factory within a 4 hour drive of my house. I'm JEALOUS!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    The Cheesecake Factory have a skinnylicious menu gluten free. That menu is really good.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    I'm not trying to limit myself LOL. I'm bulking! I just don't want to get caught in the trap of eating the same old things ;)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I would definitely do the steak, a side of mashed potatoes and the cheesecake to finish.

Or maybe the garlic pasta
    Or maybe the sun dried tomato pasta.....hmmm...I see your dilemma.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    giggitygoo wrote: »
    I would definitely do the steak, a side of mashed potatoes and the cheesecake to finish.

Or maybe the garlic pasta
    Or maybe the sun dried tomato pasta.....hmmm...I see your dilemma.

Exactly! So tricky. Thinking about talking my cohorts into getting an app first so I can have even more yumminess!
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I am wondering why there are pasta dishes on what is supposed to be a gluten free menu?!? If I were trying to eat something interesting there that was gluten free and had no concerns about the calorie count (I wish!) then I would probably go for the Shepard's Pie! :smile:
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    On the small plates skinnylicious menu get the warm asparagus salad, and the lettuce tacos asain style. OH MY GOD they are both so good. And they say they're "skinnylicious" but they definitely don't taste that way.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta... amazing!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Their turkey burger is really good. I would want to try the eggplant sandwich, too, because I love eggplant. Pasta with chicken and sun dried tomatoes sounds good, too. Then I'd wash it down with the peppermint bark cheesecake, because that was freakin' delicious!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Beats with Goat Cheese, Steak Diane, Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake.
    nom nom nom...Check please!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I am wondering why there are pasta dishes on what is supposed to be a gluten free menu?!? If I were trying to eat something interesting there that was gluten free and had no concerns about the calorie count (I wish!) then I would probably go for the Shepard's Pie! :smile:

You can make gluten free pasta. I'd assume that's what they use.

Personally, I'd get the beet and goat cheese salad and the pork chop.

If you're thinking about shepherd's pie, that's the one thing I'd avoid. Had it before and really didn't like it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Steak Diane sounds amazing as does the pasta with chicken and garlic. Have all the food (for me since I'm not on a bulk)!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    The Cheesecake Factory have a skinnylicious menu gluten free. That menu is really good.

This is the 'Gaining Weight' forum. The Op is bulking... why would she need the skinnylicious menu?

Op, go for something you would never have chosen before, would be my suggestion.
    We have no place like that here in the Uk...maybe just as well from the sounds of it, lol.
    I thought the cheesecake alone there came to over 1000 calories a serving ?