track sex?

Does anyone else track sex as exercise in the hopes of earning exercise calories? If so, what's a comparable activity?

Replies

• 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    I was just wondering this myself...yoga? If you're on the bottom, probably not much!
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Bump from beyond the grave like a mug; but, yes I track sex. I researched my heart/pulse pattern over a months time and found that on average I burn 100 calories per hour doing this "activity;" so, I just added an activity called "Sex" to my Exercise database and went from there to track it....

• DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Bump from beyond the grave like a mug; but, yes I track sex. I researched my heart/pulse pattern over a months time and found that on average I burn 100 calories per hour doing this "activity;" so, I just added an activity called "Sex" to my Exercise database and went from there to track it....

I kinda figured you'd place it under Arm Curls :P jk couldnt help myself man lol.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    I wouldn't track sex. I had it while gaining the weight, no different while losing.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    I thought it would be categorized as hip thrusts. One hour of hip thrusts burns 100 calories but I guess it's all relative. One persons hour of sexual activity is not always equal to another's. Get a heart rate monitor and let us know how it turns out. Results could be a little skewed because heart rate will usually speed up prior to the act anyway and doesn't necessarily equal total caloric output.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    why would someone bump such an old and derpy thread?
  • I wouldn't track this activity either, thought it's a lot of fun.
  • Kellierahne
    Kellierahne Posts: 14 Member
    I think some research should be done on this topic. I'd even buy a HRM to participate.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    All the herpy derps come out on Friday.

But legit, I thought this was a thread about sex on a track..... :\
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    jkwolly wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    All the herpy derps come out on Friday.

But legit, I thought this was a thread about sex on a track..... :\

Dont forget the cleats.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    It depends on which piece of exercise equipment it is on.
  • I ususally just list it as "cleaning, vigorous effort"
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Too hard for me to track such short increments of time

Ahahahaha.

Unless cookies or ice cream are involved in my activities, I do not log sex. Whipped cream however gets a pass.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    I ususally just list it as "cleaning, vigorous effort"

Win ^
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member
    I have been married for 25 years and I can't get past the "hour" mentioned above - LOL
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

That it. You ain't doing it right.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

That it. You ain't doing it right.

Who has sex for one hour!!!!! LOL
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I think I've read about an actual study on this. You're not burning as many calories as you think.

^^^^ this

If you really want to log it, just look up how many calories per minute you burn in each position and log it as sex in whatever position. If you're trying to guess what exercises approximate to it, then you're going to end up with inaccurate logging, and usually that means overestimating calorie burns, and that will impact on your deficit.