2»

Replies

• jroesemeier
    Options
    :glasses: I've had gas that's worth more than .4 lbs! :embarassed: -jane
  • PussyKat
    PussyKat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the scale very discouraging atm too...I'm trying to weigh myself only every 10 days, and was so proud for resisting the temptation for that long, but then it didn't show any loss. TOM is wayyy overdue though, so I'm gonna blame that...
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    hmmm :grumble: :noway:

im quite new at this stuff but i think if we measure just once in 2 weeks and

on the day of measurements we try 3 to 4 times during the day.. no matter what we ate or did not eat

it would give the idea

and i agree measuring inches is better than scale :glasses:
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Gravity. When you lay down at night and sleep, your wieght isn't forced in one direction. Thus leading to a flux in weight on a scale. Once you've been up for a while and moved around, woke your body up so to say, your weight tends to be forced down-where, in which case, you become heavier on the scale.

Or at least that's my belief.

Tape is better than scale
  • HustleRose
    Options
    .4 lbs?? :huh: That's not even a full cup of water. Could you honestly look at yourself and SEE a .4 lb gain? I think the average poop weighs more than that.

Ahahaha, Songbyrd, I love you.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    .4 lbs?? :huh: That's not even a full cup of water. Could you honestly look at yourself and SEE a .4 lb gain? I think the average poop weighs more than that.

Ahahaha, Songbyrd, I love you.

Awe gosh, well thanks. :blushing:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I want to get rid of my scale too. I got on this morning and weighed .4 pounds more than I did yesterday and it completely threw my day off.

I know it's water...And yet I can't help but feel GROSS! It's not like I went up a pant size or anything...Geez. Now I know why I was in such a good mood every day last week-I wasn't stepping on that darn hunk of plastic!

I think we all just need to learn how to deal with a silly number and read more into HEALTH and BODY COMPOSITION. Step on the scale as often as you want, and realize that it tells you pretty much nothing. Heck, I get on the scale all the time because I like seeing my weight go up and down. It lets me know how much waste I just got rid of or how much water I lost in my last workout so I can replace it.

If you weighed 110 lbs, but were 55% body fat, would you still be happy just because the scale said you were only 110?

I completely agree! I'm tired of letting numbers get me down when I know that I'm improving myself just by eating healthy and exercising!! So, I'm taking an extended vacation away from the scales. Maybe not the smartest thing to do with Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner...But they just stress me out!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was a habitial scale person, daily first thing regardless of what was going on. Two weeks ago I had my husband hide my scale and I am doing my normal work-outs, eating right, and not letting a stupid number dictate what my day will be like. I am going to weigh in once a month, but I can tell you it has already made a big difference in how I feel, it is like the monkey is off my back. Good luck to everyone and give the scale a break and enjoy your holidays! If you incorporate fitness and smart choices into your diet it will all come together :smile: