So any water fasters in here? or intermittent? NO BASHING.

Options

Replies

• thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    @MrsHVaughn, I've eaten raw for a week. A lot of people out there live on raw or mostly raw diets. I don't think I could do it long term, but I really enjoyed a raw detox diet for the week. It was tough but I maintain that it reset my system, shrank my appetite and allowed me to get plenty of nutrients in. I also took an iron supplement during that time and ate lots of seeds and nuts. Other than that, lots of fruits and veggies! If you're thinking of a cleanse or a fast, a raw diet is much healthier and more sustainable than just water. Best of luck to you!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    diet%20water.png
    I prefer full-fat water. I find I'm not as hungry.
  • TheRealKit
    TheRealKit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    years ago several of us nurses did the juice fasting aka cleansing.
    Felt like we all had the flu the 1st 2 days , but after day 5 felt amazing.
    Saddest thing being able to drink our meals was the 1st time we had nourishment at work.

I changed from ER nursing to rehab care and actually get a 30 min lunch break now.
    Easier to make better eating choices.
    12-16 hour shifts without time to pee or eat ..makes you grab the sweets a family member or rep sent etc etc

• MrsHVaughn
    Options
    @MrsHVaughn, I've eaten raw for a week. A lot of people out there live on raw or mostly raw diets. I don't think I could do it long term, but I really enjoyed a raw detox diet for the week. It was tough but I maintain that it reset my system, shrank my appetite and allowed me to get plenty of nutrients in. I also took an iron supplement during that time and ate lots of seeds and nuts. Other than that, lots of fruits and veggies! If you're thinking of a cleanse or a fast, a raw diet is much healthier and more sustainable than just water. Best of luck to you!

Thank you. Im leaning toward raw or intermittent at the moment. I feel terrible sluggish and would love a sort of cleanse. Im much to active to do juice or water at the moment. I work go to school and take care of my tornado of a one year old boy lol
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    *You're
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Water fasting is dumb and unnecessary.

She said no bashing!

Notice you are wearing a pizza, pizza face?

ABUSE! ABUSE! I'M BEING ABUSED OVER HERE!!! :D:D
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    nentecular wrote: »

She said no bashing!

Being truthful isn't bashing.

Haha I know, I was trying to make a funny - I think I should have used more emoticons ;)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is a style of eating. Not a diet or some weird fad. Here's a link to an IF group here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/66-intermittent-fasting

As for water fasting, still LOL.
  • MrsHVaughn
    MrsHVaughn Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Options

Oh my god! LOL. The sloth.

• MrsHVaughn
    MrsHVaughn Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Options
    For the record im not over here getting butthurt every time someone has something to say about water fasting, juice, intermittent ect. Just looking for opinions and stories, I have a long day of nothing to do and was looking for some entertainment.
  • trinatrina1984
    Options

She said no bashing!

Notice you are wearing a pizza, pizza face?

ABUSE! ABUSE! I'M BEING ABUSED OVER HERE!!! :D:D

No one can hear your sad screams. Now zip it pizza face. Mmmmmmmmm pizzaaaaaa.

I just laughed coffee out of my nose ouch.
  • kimmieb2u
    kimmieb2u Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have fasted several different ways both for religious and non-religious reasons. I am currently trying out the 5:2 Fasting Diet.

When I have fasted for religious reasons, I stopped eating except for water and a very lightly sweetened tea. I fasted for several days. While I did have hunger, I was able to go about my business and had no bad side effects other than hunger. I would do it again.

Currently, I have finished my first week of the 5:2, where I have followed the instructions to eat normally for 5 days and fast in a special way on two. This fast is a 500 (because I'm a woman) calorie fast, using the calories allowed at whatever time/way you want. For a quick overview (and interesting short video) go to: http://youtu.be/W9Aj6hRYg4A . During this past week, other than hunger on my fast days and a feeling of lightheadedness which lasted about a minute, I had no bad side effects. Since I have lost over a pound and was able to handle the requirements fairly easily I plan to continue. One reason I like this plan is its ease of use. While I do "watch" my intake on non-fast days (staying within my TDEE), there are no diet restrictions so I can fit it into my schedule easily. Fast days I plan out and it's nice that there are only two of them.

I hope this helps you and good luck on your goals.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MrsHVaughn wrote: »
    For the record im not over here getting butthurt every time someone has something to say about water fasting, juice, intermittent ect. Just looking for opinions and stories, I have a long day of nothing to do and was looking for some entertainment.

A radical solution to weight loss is not the answer. Patience and a consistent plan of action that works over time is the way to go. Drinking water and not eating food is asinine and illogical.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Raw?? So you chase your dinner around the yard?? Just wondering......