When is it ok to delete friends?

Options
bmalone62
bmalone62 Posts: 57 Member
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
Everyone seems to have different opinions about deleting them when they aren't active but just curious, do you delete them for other reasons as well? Do you delete them when you feel they are rude? How about the ones that log in and are doing great but never support you with even a simple “like" on your progress?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I tend not to delete people who stop logging in, I know I've disappeared for a while and been happy when I came back and still had friends. No skin off my nose to keep them on there.

I delete for rudeness, eating disorder behaviour, excessive drama or fundamental incompatability (whether it be diet or otherwise related).
  • marlovs78
    marlovs78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I only delete honey-eating vegans. They are an abomination.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The porch light is always on for those who disappear.

I remove crazy.
  • kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    People who log "X burned 850 calories doing the housework" as their exercise everyday. Then wondering why they are plateaued.

I also deleted one person because they started spouting a load of religious stuff in all of their updates.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    There is no rule. Like pretty much every thing else on this journey, you do what you gotta do for you.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am involved and supportive with likes and comments when my friends are successful or need encouragement. I will unfriend folks that are not interactive. It is a two way street as far as I am concerned. If someone never likes or gives me any feedback and support I feel as if I don't matter to them and I move on. No harm no foul...I just move on.
  • RunnerStephe
    Options
    When they don't talk to me, when I try talking to them. Never like any of my posts. Be a friend, or bye!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    After 7 days I message them to check in. No response? Gone at 14 or more days...depending.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I delete people who annoy me. I actually keep inactive people if I liked them before they went inactive. I figure if they do come back, they are going to need a friend!
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    I don't care if people log in or comment on my posts. I only delete people that make excuses and blame others for things they can control themselves.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    People who are too supportive. A like or a comment is fine but to randomly write me motivational letters several times a week is nuts. lol
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I delete dramatic people- fishing for compliments or complaining all the time! I need positivity.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've never actually deleted anybody but I have declined friend requests for people who are using this site to feed into their eating disorders. I do have friends who have ED's but so long as I can see that they're making an attempt at recovery, we can continue to be friends.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's okay to delete whenever you like-- your list, your prerogative.

Mostly I only delete if a person is inactive for a month. But there have been a few times that I've deleted a person for being annoying or for causing trouble on my wall.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    If you dont log in for 2 weeks or more...gone. Spew hatred...gone. Unsupportive...gone. Non recovering ED...gone.

I am here to be successful and so far so good. I want and need friends to want to be successful as well.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Had to delete only one person, could not handle her divorce drama and then all the sexual banter constantly thereafter. I am no prude but geeze she was getting weird already.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Every 3rd Wednesday if is it raining.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's ok to delete when you realize it's time to delete. ;) You're right, people have very different reasons. What bothers me may not bother you. I don't care if someone isn't logging in, but that's a deal breaker for others. Just do what works the best for you.