When is it ok to delete friends?

Options

Replies

• ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I delete people who starve themselves (NOT a VLCD recommended by a diet), people who can't give advice without belittling me or others...mostly I delete people I just don't like because they annoy me.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    the very instant you feel like it.
    this
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I only delete people who behave badly.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Friend collectors, inactive people, people who don't 'like' or comment on things but expect you to. I'm here to support and be supported, not to be just another friend
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    I have deleted friends for a wide variety of reasons.
    1 - the "i know everything about weight loss and you need to listen to me" person (yeah he knows who he is)...especially when they dont stop harassing you to follow their plan.
    2 - disordered eating individuals
    3 - people who I have made a direct effort to send a like or comment every once in a while, and I get NOTHING in return
    4 - people who post too damn much about stuff that has nothing to do with weight loss. (Yeah, once in a while is okay...but if my MFP starts looking like FB - Your out!)
    5 - People who do not log on for 30 consecutive days
    6 - If I just notice we have nothing in common...and I feel like sweeping through my friends list, I may just have to cut you.

I have gone and at one point deleted EVERYONE off of my friends list. I found it was nice to just start fresh. I find it nice to not have to feel obligated to care about others, just to come and read the forums and do what I got to do.

Its about me, not making friends.

I like. I'd ask to be friends..but you'd cut me later. But I like.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I delete people when they've gone a month without logging in. Unless I know that you're dealing with some things, then I keep you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »
    the very instant you feel like it.
    this

yep. I recently had the strong urge to delete a bunch of people but tried to keep them and struggled more than I needed to. ended up deleting a bunch anyways. save yourself the problems and delete when you get the urge to purge. i feel better now, I may have 99 problems but I know who ain't one.
  • ajalcazar84
    ajalcazar84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every 3rd Wednesday if is it raining.

At 4 o'clock when the bell rings.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I delete for excessive crazy and uninteresting drama...

...and occasionally randomly when I don't like the total number of friends.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to be offensive enough to get people to delete me, but it hasn't worked yet.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I delete when you've been inactive for 4 weeks, or more.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to be offensive enough to get people to delete me, but it hasn't worked yet.

Just wait. It'll happen. For instance, just do what I do apparently. Flagged for my comment.

Flagged.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted. It doesn't give a message. I just noticed the person wasn't on my time line anymore. I delete beach body coaches because I think they are going to try to sell me something. I don't think you need a reason.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I delete absent friends and anorexics and bulemics who glorify their condition.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    bmalone62 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have different opinions about deleting them when they aren't active but just curious, do you delete them for other reasons as well? Do you delete them when you feel they are rude? How about the ones that log in and are doing great but never support you with even a simple “like" on your progress?

Reasons for me to delete friends:
    They have hundreds of friends & seem to be here mainly to discretely sell products or get people to join their fitness cult. They never post on the boards even though they have been members a long time.

They are right away asking for more personal information than I am willing to give out to strangers on the internet. Maybe innocent friendliness but maybe not. Also have hundreds of friends and don't post on the boards except to collect friends.

They are approaching weight loss with what I feel are unhealthy goals and habits. I need people on my friend list whose goals and habits I can support and be inspired by.

If someone was constantly rude or negative then I would delete them from my friend list.

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want to. You don't have to justify yourself to anybody, do you?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

Reasons for me to delete friends:

They never post on the boards even though they have been members a long time.

some people lack digital social skills or have been so badly burned by the forums here that they never venture in again. Or it just frustrates them, or it takes up time they would rather spend working out or on personal projects.

I know that you are TOTALLY allowed to delete people for any reason you want in the entire world. You could delete everyone named Mary if you want.

Bu ti just wanted to say that some of the people on my friends list are from older generations and their wisdom and experience and struggles and victories are all over my friend feed each morning, and almost none of them 'have any time for the forum flimflam' and I don't blame them. too much flimflam lol