Success Stories:) (ZUMBA)

Options
mariahruby
mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
no, it isn't quite time for my own success story yet.. my question to all of you out there is who is doing zumba and seeing results?? has anyone used zumba for their main source of droppin lbs?? anyone have any before and after pictures from doing zumba??

basically, i started it a couple weeks ago and i feel like im getting a good calorie burn from it and i always feel sore afterwards. i feel like these are such good signs. and i just wanna see where it'll take me in the long run.. :)

feel free to add me as a friend as well. i try to be a great motivator and im always interested in seeing people's progress and what everyone does to lose weight! :)

Replies

• SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to zumba and can only take one class a week for the time being, but the friend who got me interested in zumba lost about 20 pounds over 6 months or so. She swears by zumba and will not miss any of her classes!
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I started eating healthy Jan 1st. I just couldn't stand the treadmill and it was too icy/snowy to get out and walk so I took a Zumba class mid Jan and I loved it. I go 3 times a week and it's my main exercise. I do strength training 1 day a week and I walk a few days a week on my 30 min lunch. Otherwise Zumba has been it for me... and I have lost 57 pounds :)
  • mariahruby
    Options
    I started eating healthy Jan 1st. I just couldn't stand the treadmill and it was too icy/snowy to get out and walk so I took a Zumba class mid Jan and I loved it. I go 3 times a week and it's my main exercise. I do strength training 1 day a week and I walk a few days a week on my 30 min lunch. Otherwise Zumba has been it for me... and I have lost 57 pounds :)

wow that is such a big accomplishment. i hope to see those results! i do zumba three times a week as well and play disc golf on my off days. but, congrats! thats so great!
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can only do zumba once a week but love it!! My instructor is such a great role model and I wish I could bottle her energy. I leave the class soaking wet and am usually sore the next few days also. My main form of exercise is walking and Jillian Michael's shred, though I think she is mucho annoying.:tongue: I also attend a willpower and grace class once a week. Sending a friend request.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

wow that is such a big accomplishment. i hope to see those results! i do zumba three times a week as well and play disc golf on my off days. but, congrats! thats so great!

Just remember.. my instructor says you get out of zumba what you are willing to put in.... you can really work the moves or just barely do them.. it will show in how you do and in your muscle tone.... if it's something you can get lower on or higher on... do it and push for more and harder workouts... I've seen people that just barely move and exert little energy and they aren't losing.. but if you put your all into it, it will work. I have also lost 8 1/2 inches from my waist and a lot of that is from keeping the abs as tight as possible when doing the booty circles, etc... you got this.. you can do it :)
  • mariahruby
    Options

Just remember.. my instructor says you get out of zumba what you are willing to put in.... you can really work the moves or just barely do them.. it will show in how you do and in your muscle tone.... if it's something you can get lower on or higher on... do it and push for more and harder workouts... I've seen people that just barely move and exert little energy and they aren't losing.. but if you put your all into it, it will work. I have also lost 8 1/2 inches from my waist and a lot of that is from keeping the abs as tight as possible when doing the booty circles, etc... you got this.. you can do it :)

yeah ive heard its a 400-900 calories burn depending on how into it you get. so im totally like bouncing all over the place. my instructors always tell me that i look like ive been doing zumba forever. hopefully if i stick to it and lose my weight then i really want to try and become an instructor myself :)
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Zumba is not my only source of exercise (mostly because I can't make the class times, otherwise it would be!), but I would definitely say it is my main form. But I've been doing Zumba for over a year now, and it has definitely contributed to the 30 pounds I have lost. But more than that, Zumba is a form of exercise I not only enjoy but I can't wait to do. I look forward to doing it, it is so much fun, and I always feel great. In fact, I hate to have it end--one hour is not enough!

So I highly recommend it.

Oh, and my Zumba instructor told us she lost over 50 pounds from Zumba alone.
  • nicolawaite
    nicolawaite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i have been doing zumba classes 2 / 3 times a week since nov 2010 and have seen a massive difference in my body shape. i am much more toned now and my waist is so tiny compared to before.add me as a friend if you want and i will saort some pics out.
    xx
    good luck xx
  • ondjima
    ondjima Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 pounds in three months, two of those months Zumba was my main exercise. Three times a week for an hour. Good luck!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba and loved it. It just didn't love me. So I'm just walking now. Hang in there!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    oh i love zumba! ive been going to zumba for a year now! love it!!! initially i lost 17lbs through the course of last year but then joined mfp in jan and have dropped the last 20lbs since then! i go to zumba classes once a week, used to go twice but have had to cut down to once. I do the dvd at home (sculpt and tone) with 3lb weights as im trying to tone. my before and after are in my pics, i used to weigh 158 and got down to 126lbs which was my goal, then i decided to drop a bit more. currently 121.5lbs, im in maitainance mode.

I am a lot fitter than i used to be,i used to stop once or twice in my classes now i can keep going for longer!!! can def notice a difference in my legs and bum!
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have been going to Zumba class for about 8 weeks now, and have just started going twice a week. I am 53 and found it hard at first, but I am seeing results & finding it a lot easier, because my muscles are getting stronger. I had restricted arm movement on my right, which is almost normal again. So I am seeing results in more ways than one. Love it!
  • rexkt
    rexkt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 3 days a week and one of those is power training (zumba+yoga) I've lost about 18 pounds so far. In the past month i've added more to my workout, doing circuit training on zumba days off because I always need to keep my workouts fresh and it's really helping. It doesn't always come to down to exercise, you have to watch what you eat to (I learned that the hard way!) but zumba is a great jumping off point to a healthier lifestyle:)
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    I don't have any before/after pics yet, but I'm using Zumba as my main source of exercise and I'm already seeing results! I go to a class once in a while, but mainly I use the DVD set at home and do a DVD every other day.
    I've lost 6lbs so far, and around 7.5 inches overall.

Now that the weather is nicer, I'll be adding walks into my daily routine as well. :)
  • mariahruby
    Options
    wow everyone has had amazing success:) it makes me exciteddd!
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    I have no beat and two left feet but I use the wii Zumba to spice up my exercise routine and I LOVE IT. I try really hard to keep up and even though I don't do everything perfect, I feel and see results. With each 20 minute session I see myself getting better. Everyone is right, you get what effort you put in. :)

Good luck and congrats to everyone on the great work they've done and great work that's ahead.
  • mariahruby
    Options
    I have no beat and two left feet but I use the wii Zumba to spice up my exercise routine and I LOVE IT. I try really hard to keep up and even though I don't do everything perfect, I feel and see results. With each 20 minute session I see myself getting better. Everyone is right, you get what effort you put in. :)

Good luck and congrats to everyone on the great work they've done and great work that's ahead.

i do want to try in on the wii. my only problem is that i can never seem to stick to videos or exercise games at home. there is something about being in the class with all the people that makes me not want to quit and just keep going. i feel like if i did it at home i would give up the second i got tired. but i do wanna try it!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread!! I started taking Zumba classes about 2 months ago and am starting to see some muscle definition and a slow weight loss, but it mostly I just love doing it and have a good time, so it makes me exercise more! I am really glad to hear about other people having success with their fitness goals from doing Zumba.

And good luck to you on your fitness journey!!!:bigsmile:
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba for almost 3 months (like 2 1/2 months) it helped me loose a good 17-18 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!