Super Simple, Super Quick lunch ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Freezing leftovers is an interesting solution to my not-making-leftovers-because-I-don't-want-to-overeat problem. Thanks for all of the ideas so far!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    jstrun wrote: »
    elsie_fair wrote: »
    My current favorite is: low carb whole wheat tortilla, frozen costco salmon burgers, goat cheese, salsa. I can keep all the making for it at work, just heat up the salmon patty in teh microwave, chop it up and make some yummy fish tacos!
    4is73ye4a6lu.jpg

I am by no means a fish connoisseur so i'm wondering how the salmon burgers taste??? are they fishy tasting at all? like when you open a can of tuna, i run the other way it smells WAY too fishy...but I've eaten salmon before (fresh) and loved it!

Definitely not strong smelling like tuna, I don't think they taste fishy hardly at all, but those are my tastebuds. They're a super easy meal though, worth trying out :)
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    For lunch I practically eat PB&J every day. Though I tend to stick more to crispbread/cracker type things instead of bread. Sometimes I sub out the jelly for slices of fresh banana. Fruit is a good one.

I do make large batches of soup and chilli and dish it into individual containers as soon as it's finished cooking. That way I'm not tempted to eat it, and I can stick them in the freezer for days when I want to just blast something in the microwave.

If you have time on the weekend, I would recommend prepping some things you like. I'm going through a big phase of making batches of homemade turkey sausage and eating those at weekends with scrambled eggs. You could boil up eggs and slice them, then stick them in a tortilla.

Hummus is another good option. Super easy to make, so you can make large quantities then eat throughout the week. I find hummus to be ridiculously filling, so I'm never tempted to eat a lot of it at one time. Hence why it lasts pretty well in my household :)
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For lunch I practically eat PB&J every day.

Gotta love the good ole' PB&J

Had one of my co-workers bust my chops a few weeks ago because I was eating a PB&J. (Think of the biggest burliest police officer you have ever seen and add 6" and 50lbs of additional muscle...guy is a monster)

I took it in stride....half tempted to have my partner (k9 dog) bite him square in the *kitten*.....but being a well adjusted person (sigh) I decided against that course of action and instead brought in an extra PB&J for him the next day....after some hemming and hawing he grudgingly ate it......needless to say he loved it, and now usually every couple of days his lunch consists of 3 PB&J sandwiches

Never to old for good ole' Peanut butter and jelly. <2 thumbs up>

• sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    mbailey423 wrote: »
    For lunch I practically eat PB&J every day.

Gotta love the good ole' PB&J

Had one of my co-workers bust my chops a few weeks ago because I was eating a PB&J. (Think of the biggest burliest police officer you have ever seen and add 6" and 50lbs of additional muscle...guy is a monster)

I took it in stride....half tempted to have my partner (k9 dog) bite him square in the *kitten*.....but being a well adjusted person (sigh) I decided against that course of action and instead brought in an extra PB&J for him the next day....after some hemming and hawing he grudgingly ate it......needless to say he loved it, and now usually every couple of days his lunch consists of 3 PB&J sandwiches

Never to old for good ole' Peanut butter and jelly. <2 thumbs up>

I really do not get the whole peanut butter and jelly thing, sounds gross to me, maybe it's an American thing. I don't know a single Aussie who eats it :#
  • sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My go too lazy lunch is rice crackers, spreadable cream cheese and flavoured tuna or fresh tomato slices - yum. I also make a frittata on a Sunday and have lunch for four days for work. I just add a salad.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas! I've started just taking a few hours on one of my days off, to prepare frozen lunches. I buy, cube and pan fry/simmer chicken breast (I use about 10 lbs and have 2 large frying pans going), I cook a big pot of instant brown rice, and buy a bunch of bags of my frozen veggie of choice. I spread out all of my plastic containers (I prefer the sandwich size), and dole out the chicken portion (2 oz for me, I weigh as I dole), then scoop in each a half cup of the cooked brown rice, then squish in as many frozen veggies as I can fit in, pop on the lids and stack in the freezer. This makes me roughly 21 frozen lunches in a few hours for less than $2 per meal.

My last batch was cubed chicken breast, marinated in lime and garlic, browned then simmered in the pan, brown rice, green beans, with 1/4 picante sauce on top.

The ones I'll be working on tomorrow will be chicken breast, pan cooked with herb mixes for chicken of the holiday variety, sage, rosemary, thyme etc, brown rice, frozen cubes of butternut squash, or yams, or just squash, whatever seems easiest at the grocery store tomorrow, topped with some jarred turkey gravy. It appears 1/4 cup of Heinz has a reasonable amount of calories.

Anyway, like you I have little time and DON'T want to think about it, so this method gives me a healthy, inexpensive, microwavable lunch for 21 days. I snack with fruit, tiny greek yogurt cups and tiny cottage cheese cups.
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas for people that use microwaves! :) I'm not sure why, but microwaves have always scared me, so I never use them.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    wheat thins and smoked trout...this stuff is amazing and satisfying!
    http://www.worldmarket.com/product/appel-smoked-trout.do