Options
    Why are you upping your protein to 50%?

this
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    jaquelynny wrote: »
    greek yogurt (try mixed with tbsp natural pb or pb2), cottage cheese, tuna on celery, hard boiled eggs, jerky
    there is a recipe for protein pancakes (egg white, cottage cheese, oatmeal) very good

Are you trolling the OP? Cottage cheese, jerky, greek yogurt and pb2 are all highly processed foods

i have no time for that BS- you forum natzis are weird sometimes picking apart answers, i didn't only say those things-she said she didnt want shakes, those are other options. take eit easy
  • thatswhatshesaiddd
    Options
    Chicken and egg whites give the absolute most "bang for your buck". Eggs whites are also extremely low in cals and cheap.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt (try mixed with tbsp natural pb or pb2), cottage cheese, tuna on celery, hard boiled eggs, jerky
    there is a recipe for protein pancakes (egg white, cottage cheese, oatmeal) very good

Are you trolling the OP? Cottage cheese, jerky, greek yogurt and pb2 are all highly processed foods

i have no time for that BS- you forum natzis are weird sometimes picking apart answers, i didn't only say those things-she said she didnt want shakes, those are other options. take eit easy

i did nazi that coming.

op, what are you hoping to accomplish by having 50% of your intake protein?

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Strong spelling errors.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

i did nazi that coming.

[/quote]

This seriously made me spit out my coffee laughing. Not cool.

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    50% is quite a lot of protein...how many grams for you does this equate to?

agreed. 50% protein seems high... how many grams is that for you? grams are far more telling.

But to your question...

nevermind... it's already been said, so I'll just add bison as a potential option.

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

It was kind of a valid question given the OPs post...
    because I'm trying to stay away from processed foods.

By giving her foods that seem to directly oppose her desire to stay away from processed foods, it comes across as a little baiting.

Now if you want to get into a discussion about why she cares so much about processed foods, that would be fair, but there are other ways to do that.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options

What's PB2?
  • monkeypantz
    Options
    Peg4Jesus7 wrote: »
    Canned salmon is great protein on a salad with a bit of mayo, dill relish, olive oil & lemon juice, and any salad greens you want. Adding shredded coleslaw mix adds a wonderful crunch (bagged coleslaw, by the bagged salad in the store, no coleslaw dressing).

Also, I just made a big batch of homemade sausage patties ~ yum! I tripled the recipe to freeze some. You can use any ground meat you want:

NT Favorite Sausage Patty

2 pounds ground meat
    1 tablespoon coarse salt (or 2 tsp. salt)
    1 teaspoon rubbed sage
    2/3 teaspoon rubbed summer savory
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 teaspoon ground marjoram
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp dried parsley and 1/2 tsp dried thyme (optional)

(Optional olive or coconut oil for lean meats - approx. 1-2 tsp. per lb. of meat)

Mix well, and form into 20 patties. For lean meat, start with a low flame, then finish over medium-high heat to brown, or broil on middle oven rack.

This sounds awesome - thank you! I'll try this later this week.
  • monkeypantz
    Options
    50% is quite a lot of protein...how many grams for you does this equate to?

188grams - that's at 1500 calories a day.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    PB2 is processed food! haha
  • monkeypantz
    Options
    My Personal Trainer has suggested this because I'm an 'endomorph' - so 50% protein is what I'm going to try and it's bloody hard.

Not eating processed because I'm basically a wannabe hippie....trying to keep it natural, plus I have pretty bad stomach issues, so keeping away from all the 'extra' stuff that I don't really know what it is, means I know exactly what is going it..

But then someone dangles a bit of processed yumminess in front of my and all my 'hippie' values go straight out the door...I love food.
  • monkeypantz
    Options
    Edwardshar wrote: »
    PB2 is processed food! haha

Ohhhhh. I live in the UK, so PB in any more isn't that popular.

• monkeypantz
    Options
    buy a family pack of chicken breasts and cook it up. eat it all in a week. lunch time? chicken. snack time? chicken. dinner time? chicken.

I'd get really sick of chicken then...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    buy a family pack of chicken breasts and cook it up. eat it all in a week. lunch time? chicken. snack time? chicken. dinner time? chicken.

at 50%/188g of protein, you're going to get sick of a lot.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

you can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, chicken-kabobs, chicken creole, chicken gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple chicken, lemon chicken, coconut chicken, pepper chicken, chicken soup, chicken stew, chicken salad, chicken and potatoes, chicken burger, chicken sandwich. That- that's about it.