I need more 'natural' protein

Options

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    buy a family pack of chicken breasts and cook it up. eat it all in a week. lunch time? chicken. snack time? chicken. dinner time? chicken.

I'd get really sick of chicken then...

you can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, chicken-kabobs, chicken creole, chicken gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple chicken, lemon chicken, coconut chicken, pepper chicken, chicken soup, chicken stew, chicken salad, chicken and potatoes, chicken burger, chicken sandwich. That- that's about it.

xthumb.gif
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    buy a family pack of chicken breasts and cook it up. eat it all in a week. lunch time? chicken. snack time? chicken. dinner time? chicken.

you can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, chicken-kabobs, chicken creole, chicken gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple chicken, lemon chicken, coconut chicken, pepper chicken, chicken soup, chicken stew, chicken salad, chicken and potatoes, chicken burger, chicken sandwich. That- that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love chicken in many different forms....but I also crave variety (it is the spice of life); so I'd need to mix up some other meats in there too (turkey, lean steaks etc)
  • monkeypantz
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Ground beef blended into milk?

Is this what people eat in the USA?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Yes. I pour it into an eagle shaped glass. 'Merica.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

This from the land that specializes in boiled meats?

Which is to say, no.

• monkeypantz
    Options
    JTick wrote: »

Your 'culture' and 'craziness' fascinate me every day. Definitely the home of the brave, with that combo!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Now this almost made me spit out my coffee!

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    My Personal Trainer has suggested this because I'm an 'endomorph' - so 50% protein is what I'm going to try and it's bloody hard.

Not eating processed because I'm basically a wannabe hippie....trying to keep it natural, plus I have pretty bad stomach issues, so keeping away from all the 'extra' stuff that I don't really know what it is, means I know exactly what is going it..

But then someone dangles a bit of processed yumminess in front of my and all my 'hippie' values go straight out the door...I love food.

Get a new trainer
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

You should see how we treat our factory raised livestock!

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

You should see how we treat our factory raised livestock!
    The visual while eating my greek yogurt was heavenly ;)

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »

I add taco seasoning to mine. :yum:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My Personal Trainer has suggested this because I'm an 'endomorph' - so 50% protein is what I'm going to try and it's bloody hard.

Not eating processed because I'm basically a wannabe hippie....trying to keep it natural, plus I have pretty bad stomach issues, so keeping away from all the 'extra' stuff that I don't really know what it is, means I know exactly what is going it..

But then someone dangles a bit of processed yumminess in front of my and all my 'hippie' values go straight out the door...I love food.

Get a new trainer

Agree with this guy.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Get a new trainer

Agree with this guy.
    most trainers know crap about nutrition, and only some can actually train well too
    i agree.

ps edamame

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    legumes, nuts, soymilk, grains, greens and other vegetables have protein that could help you meet your macros.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    50%? What the hell for?
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

<3

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Get a new trainer

Agree with this guy.

Your trainer may be an amazing person who's really good at getting you to your goals in the gym, but concepts like 'endomorph' are largely considered outdated at best, 'broscience' at worst. Trainers are not necessarily well-versed in nutrition.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    an 8oz chicken breast has 51g of protein per the USDA database.
    4 egg whites contain 14g of protein
    4 whole eggs contain 25g of protein
    1 cup of beans (red kidney) has 14g of protein
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OP, did your trainer even think to ask if you have a history of kidney problems?