So who's winning the MFP race for most reported user not yet banned?

Options

Replies

• ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    It's sad because I've reported people who are supposedly in the act of killing themselves and the mods are too busy dealing with inappropriate and immature flagging people are doing. The flagging has a purpose and personally I think the mods should boot the people who abuse the flagging/reporting system. My two cents.

my OP is mega sarcastic, but that is the point of me "southparking" the forum about this issue...

Oh I'm not complaining about your post. One of my best friends on MFP has a stalker and reports everything they comment as abuse/etc. But it annoys me that people waste their time reporting people for stupid things when they are not truly breaking any of the "technical" rules. I do like your sense of humor though :).
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I only have 7.
    33565-BANG-flag-gun-I34a.gif
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I only have 2, but now I really want to know where from.

Fixed that for ya. :wink:
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It's sad because I've reported people who are supposedly in the act of killing themselves and the mods are too busy dealing with inappropriate and immature flagging people are doing. The flagging has a purpose and personally I think the mods should boot the people who abuse the flagging/reporting system. My two cents.

I agree. They should at least get warnings so they know it is a problem. There are posts on every forum on how to use the flags properly.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »

How do I have more than Merc??
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I just got flagged again...that makes 2

Success.gif
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I'm more gentle with the user base and I add more to the forums than you

+100000, you really do, love reading you!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity: Does anyone here actually know how the flagging system works? Judging by the number of people who are complaining that the mods are busy with all the flagging, I'd say not.

There is an announcement post by Rachel in each of the forums with the information on flags and reports and warnings.

Oh hell, I retract this thread. That's actually a really good (or at least I like that intent) system, and much better than what was previously in place...

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

my OP is mega sarcastic, but that is the point of me "southparking" the forum about this issue...

I think it is funny, it is a bit of a competition, and it's annoying that people are calling anything they don't agree with abuse, at the same time
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Only 2.
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just got flagged again...that makes 2

Success.gif

Good job :D

I'm sitting here imagining the posts that got flagged....and giggling >:) Way to go on the double digits, people.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    For all of you with no notifications.... if you would just go into your notification preferences and check the box that notifies you when comments are made to threads you have commented on, you would have notifications.... just a tip.

just the tip? Flagged for penis reference

Do you have an obsession... I said A tip... not the tip... but I'm flattered you caught the innuendo... MFP is rubbing off on me after all... :wink:
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Out of curiosity: Does anyone here actually know how the flagging system works? Judging by the number of people who are complaining that the mods are busy with all the flagging, I'd say not.

There is an announcement post by Rachel in each of the forums with the information on flags and reports and warnings.

Oh hell, I retract this thread. That's actually a really good (or at least I like that intent) system, and much better than what was previously in place...

No!! This is a fun thread... I kinda find the flagging system funny... albeit useful when used correctly... I feel like the more flags I get the cooler I become because people apparently hate me more... now, I just gotta not push the envelope and actually call people stupid even if my mind screams it...
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like pickles.
  • avispira
    avispira Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Flagged!

zhl5di3wccj9.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Flagging the real spam posts is awesome though. Sometimes we used to get pages of "Visram blahblah magic love potions". Now, I've had the honor to be the 5th flagger on a couple and "poof" they disappear. The flags have really cleaned up that trash---by the way I have 7 flags, and don't know what for---I'm so nice. o:)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

All that spam you keep posting?

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Only at 29 ... 6 spam, 23 abuse.

I have gotten 2 warnings though, so those are totally legit.

I like pickles.

I like little pickles. Kosher ones are best.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

All that spam you keep posting?

LAUGHS Lem!