Lets talk about juice fasting

Options

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    imarlett wrote: »
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    It's not that we can't read or discuss... it's just that fasting and detoxing are unnecessary and really don't do much in the long run... that's assuming they do anything at all... and besides I agree with Hornsby... Documentaries are not exactly the best place to get unbiased information on well... anything.

Really fasting or detoxing is unnecessary? Wow think again. With the western diet the way it is and how much toxins are put into the body, its something to seriously consider or at least looking into. Fasting and detoxing has done wonders for many sick people. Do the research, you will see. I am not advocating that you do it yourself but don't just dismiss it because you don't understand what it does for you. Fasting has been done for thousands of years for health and spiritual reasons and it works.
    You know what else has been done for thousands of years? Ritual sacrifice.
    Are you suggesting we continue those practices? Please explain how it "works".
    No magical thinking allowed.

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    It's not that we can't read or discuss... it's just that fasting and detoxing are unnecessary and really don't do much in the long run... that's assuming they do anything at all... and besides I agree with Hornsby... Documentaries are not exactly the best place to get unbiased information on well... anything.

Really fasting or detoxing is unnecessary? Wow think again. With the western diet the way it is and how much toxins are put into the body, its something to seriously consider or at least looking into. Fasting and detoxing has done wonders for many sick people. Do the research, you will see. I am not advocating that you do it yourself but don't just dismiss it because you don't understand what it does for you. Fasting has been done for thousands of years for health and spiritual reasons and it works.
    You know what else has been done for thousands of years? Ritual sacrifice.
    Are you suggesting we continue those practices? Please explain how it "works".
    No magical thinking allowed.

Barney-likes-you.gif
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So, if we aren't swayed by smoke and mirrors, are informed on nutrition (beyond a biased documentary) and want lasting results, you want us to waste an hour and thirty seven minutes of our life? I'd rather go to the gym, and get real results.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    OP has bowed out, what a shame she may have learned something about juice fasting <shrugs>
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I just watched Wolverine and are seriously considering becoming a mutant. Can we please have a real conversation about this but leave your opinions to yourself unless you are or want to become a mutant.
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer and bust it out a few times a month when I have excess fruits/veggies that will go bad before I can eat them. However, in the time it takes to juice all the things, dis-assemble, clean all the stupid little pieces and then drink the juice, I could have just eaten the fruits and veggies and headed out for a walk. No muss, no fuss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    loubidy wrote: »
    Obviously not been here for a while.. Forgot no one could read nor discuss.. Woops, I'll go elsewhere.
    It's being discussed. You're just not getting the answers you want to hear. It's kinda of a low blow to indirectly insult that people here aren't capable of discussion when that's not the case.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• hiswaywardgirl
    hiswaywardgirl Posts: 42
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Obviously not been here for a while.. Forgot no one could read nor discuss.. Woops, I'll go elsewhere.
    It's being discussed. You're just not getting the answers you want to hear. It's kinda of a low blow to indirectly insult that people here aren't capable of discussion when that's not the case.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    There were 3 rude, completely non-constructive comments before she posted that, and many more following. I understand her annoyance.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Really, detoxing doesn't exist (with the exception of protocols by professionals in the medical field, IE: heavy metal removal from the body).
    Eating foods or drinks do nothing to detox the body. There's lots and lots of peer reviewed clinical studies to support this.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    There were 3 rude, completely non-constructive comments before she posted that, and many more following. I understand her annoyance.

I saw one that was funny (and I totally laughed), and the rest were totally legitimate comments. The problem is that it's not what she wanted to hear, which was also pointed out before she made her snarky YAGE.

Edited because I used the wrong "hear" and almost had to kick my own *kitten* for it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I saw one that was funny (and I totally laughed), and the rest were totally legitimate comments. The problem is that it's not what she wanted to here, which was also pointed out before she made her snarky YAGE.

Such is the standard template for these topics, right down to the white knight at the end.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I watched the Dallas Cowboys play a football game on Sunday and I'm thinking about .... never mind, no one really wants to be a Dallas Cowboy.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    Not denying that there won't be replies like that, but that's why one doesn't respond to those and just discuss it with others who are willing to cordially.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I saw one that was funny (and I totally laughed), and the rest were totally legitimate comments. The problem is that it's not what she wanted to here, which was also pointed out before she made her snarky YAGE.

Such is the standard template for these topics, right down to the white knight at the end.

white-knights-assemble.jpg

Too soon?

This is why people should check out some of the sticky topics, though the OP knew how it would be received so the exasperation is over the top.

Edited, because spelling isn't my strong suit tonight. :grumble:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Fasting has been done for thousands of years for health and spiritual reasons and it works.

Fasting yes, juice fasting no. It's also not fasting...

• hiswaywardgirl
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Am I the white knight? LOL. All I did was point out that the "low blows" ninerbluff mentioned were directed at the OP first. I understand why she would be annoyed. ;) Does this thread serve a purpose anymore?

I've always liked knights. They move in that nifty L-pattern.
  • hiswaywardgirl
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    We now see who has been busy flagging the posts in this thread.
    And flagging myself? Baseless accusations, much?