What you can't have!

Options

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I've TOTALLY cut out. I do try to avoid keeping ice cream in the freezer because, without fail, my self control will go to crap and I'll just take the whole tub in my room and eat it, instead of measuring out servings haha. But I do buy it sometimes and just try to eat like, half the tub at a time instead of the whole thing. Progress ;)

Really though, I'm one of those "moderation, not depravation" people. If I tried to cut anything completely out of my diet I'd give up within a few days.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I haven't cut anything out completely, I've only made choices more in line with my caloric/macro needs. I still eat ice cream several times a week, but less of a serving than I did a year ago.
    I'm about to go make protein chocolate banana "ice cream" lol. I'm hoping it turns out edible :p

I tired doing it and didn't like it at all :( I find I don't do well with "" foods (i.e food emitations)

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've cut out gluten for 4.5 years, 100% unrelated to weight loss goals. Didn't affect my weight anyways. Calories in < calories out.

Same here.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I cut out gluten years ago as I am gluten intolerant. If I stop eating dairy, I lose about 10 lbs in a week because it makes me bloat something awful. I cut out sugar because I have a family history of diabetes and frankly, sugar has no nutritional value. I limit rice and potatoes because of my family's diabetic history. And then I lost 13lbs quickly and I am still dropping weight. Life is good and I feel good. for me, it is easier to eliminate than to reduce portion sizes.
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    This is going to sound positively insane...but, apples.

I can not eat an apple without bingeing afterward like an insane person.

I have NO idea why this is. I mean I can eat a dish of ice cream and not react with bingeing like I do with apples.

I have the same reaction to apples. Within minutes, my stomach is growling like crazy. Nothing else I eat does this that I've noticed. Interesting.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    This is going to sound positively insane...but, apples.

I can not eat an apple without bingeing afterward like an insane person.

I have NO idea why this is. I mean I can eat a dish of ice cream and not react with bingeing like I do with apples.

I have the same reaction to apples. Within minutes, my stomach is growling like crazy. Nothing else I eat does this that I've noticed. Interesting.

Weird. Apples are some of my best "feel full" foods that keep me going for hours.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Nope I eat all the foods.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Oh, duh! Yes, I too am gluten free. I guess I've been doing that for so long that I don't even think of it as "cutting out" any more! That has to be a good sign.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

Weird. Apples are some of my best "feel full" foods that keep me going for hours.

Yes. Exactly. I have NEVER been able to figure this out. Many, many people have told me apples are their "tide me over" food. They seem to satiate most people - not drive them to a feeding frenzy.

I agree that it's quite bizarre. But it is what it is, so, no apples for me...I do love strawberries, though. :)

• RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Soda, I will not drink soda if in the house and will not buy it for the house-this my hubby does HAHA. If I have some its a little like half of a half a cup only with pizza or fast food for old times sake. I used to chug soda when I worked at a Rally's and was a size 16 by the time I quit ;( I can have a healthy relationship with soda I just choose not to because of what it is and what it can do. I do love root beer floats and like barq's root beer because i learned in dental school it doesn't give cavities yes barqs root beer soda is one soda that will never cause cavities :) so…anyways I do say that when I have some I really enjoy it-alot. I think I like it better that way. I like that thought about a lot of things non food related in life how quality over quantity benefits a life more then vice versa of the former.
    Someone mention Mcpukes and fast food-I forgot that I stopped those too. I do have a couple of chains that I must eat if I need to in moderation meaning a visit once or twice a mont suffices if that and not more are places like Arbys Wendy's and Chick-fi-la and if for only an egg roll magic wok but egg rolls only-once i did order an entree but i ate half and gave the rest away.
    Someone said also that they eat what they want just admit they don't bring it in the house-
    I also practice that-I would much rather go out for a cookie that is individually wrapped than buy a box and pay less…A box will make me pay a lot more then money if kept in the house when I could have enjoyed it once when I was craving it then and there.
    Icecream I have to have in the house as well as chocolate and chips yep those are my go to's for snacks. I eat those when I want in much moderation as moderation is possible ;) lol
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I haven't cut anything out completely, I've only made choices more in line with my caloric/macro needs. I still eat ice cream several times a week, but less of a serving than I did a year ago.
    I'm about to go make protein chocolate banana "ice cream" lol. I'm hoping it turns out edible :p

I tired doing it and didn't like it at all :( I find I don't do well with "" foods (i.e food emitations)
    I actually liked it! Although next time I'd probably try it with a sweeter fruit like apples. I think that making sure it's frozen enough helps (mine was a bit too warmed up), and if using protein powder then for me it can't be vanilla (winds up tasting too grossly sweet and sickening). I think I'm gonna freeze apples and grapes and try again this week!
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've cut out my "trigger food". I find certain things, like peanut butter, white bread and any form of chocolate make me binge eat. So I don't buy them since I know moderation doesn't work for those products. Also, you can eat the more calorific foods, but be prepared for smaller portions.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Are there any foods you've had to cut out completely and did that help your weightloss goals?
    I'm thinking I shouldn't have sugar since it tends to become the majority of my intake for the day...

So you are going to cute out all fruit?
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Beer. Some people smoke when they drink, I bacon cheeseburger when I drink.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I should probably cut out pop, just because moderation is difficult for me with my liquid calories. I can probably train myself to handle it properly, but it would likely be faster and easier to start a strict "No" policy.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just finished off a Blue Bunny caramel crunch ice cream bar for 120 cals to round off my night. I can make room for pretty much anything, and if I can't and I want it badly enough, I eat it anyway. I've developed a good relationship with my food and a good attitude about my calories and my workouts, so my body is changing in some very positive ways. The longer I plan and make room for the foods I love, the easier it gets to do it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Not for my weight loss goals, nope. I still eat all the things I ate before, just, less of them.

There are things I don't eat, sure. But that's just because I don't like them. I didn't eat them before, either.

Since I've started logging in earnest, I do find myself eating more healthy foods and fewer 'empty' calories, so that I can get all my nutritional needs met on fewer calories and so I don't feel so hungry all the time. So it's true that I'm eating more vegetables and lean proteins and whole grains, and less cake and pie and ice cream. But I still have cake and pie and ice cream -- just, not all the time, and not as much as before.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just finished off a Blue Bunny caramel crunch ice cream bar for 120 cals to round off my night. I can make room for pretty much anything, and if I can't and I want it badly enough, I eat it anyway. I've developed a good relationship with my food and a good attitude about my calories and my workouts, so my body is changing in some very positive ways. The longer I plan and make room for the foods I love, the easier it gets to do it.

Wait, this sounds like an amazing food. Which I probably can't eat because of the cracker/cake part I'm assuming it has :(