What's your mantra?

Options

Replies

• corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like to ask myself whether I'd prefer that junk food I've been craving for 30 minutes, or the body I've been wanting for YEARS.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Any one else have a suggestion?
  • rdschecter
    rdschecter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have eaten this before, I will eat it again. Just not right now.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    lefty421 wrote: »
    What are some positive, encouraging words you say to yourself to keep yourself motivated? What's your mantra, slogan, motto, catchphrase?
    I'm attending two events with buffets this weekend - yikes! - and I may need to borrow a few new mantras!

Mine is:
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Don't put your dreams on hold cause you didn't find an motivating enough quote today.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Keep swimming. Keep swimming.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Don't starve the fat off; burn it off.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it my "mantra" but my favorite uplifting/inspiring quote is:

"Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better."
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "One more rep."
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    So many great quotes. You're all amazing! I'm on my 100th day logging in, and finding now that I have to work to keep the inspiration new and fresh. What I say to myself is so important! Thanks for all the ideas - keep them coming!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Don't put your dreams on hold cause you didn't find an motivating enough quote today.

^this.

Please google this or search it on this site and read Yoovie's blog? thread? about this. You will be glad you did.
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    I can't find Yoovie's blog or thread, or at least, I don't have permission to access it.
    I didn't quite know how to take Yoovie's reply. My initial reaction was that I felt she was accusing me of something - I don't know what - but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Was she just telling me what her mantra is?

I completely believe the studies that say people respond better to positive self talk. Instead of saying "don't..." to yourself, say "do...." Instead of saying "I won't..." say "I will..."

I believe that training the mind is every bit as important as training the body, and looking for new tools to do so before the old tools get worn out seems like a very healthy and positive thing to do. I'm not putting my dreams on hold, I'm making sure they stay alive.
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If I'm running, and I feel like I'm just dragging my behind, I tell myself that I can do it. Because I've done it before. If I'm trying to push myself a little harder, I kind of talk myself through it, like "Come on, you can do this, it's not so bad!"

Sometimes easier said than done.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Life is what you make of it and so is your body.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    For achieving my fitness goals? "Actually, I CAN."

For dealing with most people? "I would not look good in prison stripes."

;)
  • yoovie
    Options
    lefty421 wrote: »
    I can't find Yoovie's blog or thread, or at least, I don't have permission to access it.
    I didn't quite know how to take Yoovie's reply. My initial reaction was that I felt she was accusing me of something - I don't know what - but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Was she just telling me what her mantra is?

I completely believe the studies that say people respond better to positive self talk. Instead of saying "don't..." to yourself, say "do...." Instead of saying "I won't..." say "I will..."

I believe that training the mind is every bit as important as training the body, and looking for new tools to do so before the old tools get worn out seems like a very healthy and positive thing to do. I'm not putting my dreams on hold, I'm making sure they stay alive.

I was telling my mantra because I used to have an entire wall of 'motivating' quotes and pictures and i would wait to be motivated before I would do anything, so my new mantra is not to wait until i have a good enough quote to get me going and to get going because i should and because it's what I want.

I don't know anything about you and therefore cannot accuse you of anything.

I wish you nothing but victories for the rest of forever.
  • yoovie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Was the first mantra that I shared also taken as a personal insult to anyone? If it was, please accept my apologies as i was only sharing what i say to myself.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Mine is "GET UP OFF YOUR BUM, YOU LAZY DONUT" (mmm, donuts)
  • chaokitty
    chaokitty Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    "If you focus on results, you'll never change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."
    This!! ♥ Wow I love this!
  • chaokitty
    chaokitty Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    corinic91 wrote: »
    I like to ask myself whether I'd prefer that junk food I've been craving for 30 minutes, or the body I've been wanting for YEARS.
    So true ♥