Is Lululemon worth it?

Options
Hey guys, I'm doing research for a school project on Lululemon, so any feedback would be helpful. Do you think their clothing is worth the price?

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    The pants make your butt look phenomenal.

Seriously though I find their products last a long time. I have a jacket on right now and I have long arms, their sleeves are always long enough for long armed individuals.

Yes it's pricy and I usually buy cheaper stuff but when I want to splurge and have pieces that will last a long time Lulu is my go to place.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I like their stuff, but I usually get stuff that's on sale. I can't justify paying $100 for yoga pants all the time.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My older stuff is awesome, and has lasted me actual years.
    Stuff I've gotten recently, not so much, but I had a FABULOUS pair of yoga pants I got 2 years ago, that I wear on a weekly basis, and they're still great. I would say go for it.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I would never spend that much money on anything. I can get the same thing for so much cheaper from another brand/store.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Seriously though I find their products last a long time. I have a jacket on right now and I have long arms, their sleeves are always long enough for long armed individuals.

Yes it's pricy and I usually buy cheaper stuff but when I want to splurge and have pieces that will last a long time Lulu is my go to place.

They're good for long armed people!?

I heard Lululemon was snobby and mean to anyone who didn't fit their norms. And while I do - solidarity! ...but they have clothes that will fit my monkey arms?

I may need to check this out.

Moral dilemma. Buy clothes that fit my hard-to-fit arms or protest against a store's practices?

Maybe if I try on the clothes there...and buy off ebay?
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Too expensive.. maybe I would buy it as a treat for reaching my goals.. but even then I would rather buy 10 different pairs of pants for the same price!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    yes, absolutely worth it! The quality, style, and fit is unmatched
  • murrishmo
    Options
    I got some of their pants from Good Will. They're the older kind, so they fit well and I can tell they're well made. I think you can find good alternatives at Costco though. I don't think I'll ever buy LuLu directly from the store because I find the company to be unethical. Mainly the statements their CEO has made about women's bodies, and they're bullying of private individuals reselling their products on sites like Ebay. They seem to be a very odd company and for the price I'd rather not support them.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    murrishmo wrote: »
    I got some of their pants from Good Will. They're the older kind, so they fit well and I can tell they're well made. I think you can find good alternatives at Costco though. I don't think I'll ever buy LuLu directly from the store because I find the company to be unethical. Mainly the statements their CEO has made about women's bodies, and they're bullying of private individuals reselling their products on sites like Ebay. They seem to be a very odd company and for the price I'd rather not support them.

Agree.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    YES! They fit me better than any other brand and I've tried a lot of different ones. I have a jacket that I wear more than any other and I've had it for 10 years.....several bottoms that have lasted me just as long.

Absolutely worth it in my personal opinion! :)

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Meh, I find the quality at Lucy to be better, especially the pants.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »

They're good for long armed people!?

I heard Lululemon was snobby and mean to anyone who didn't fit their norms. And while I do - solidarity! ...but they have clothes that will fit my monkey arms?

I may need to check this out.

Moral dilemma. Buy clothes that fit my hard-to-fit arms or protest against a store's practices?

Maybe if I try on the clothes there...and buy off ebay?

I think that's Abercrombie.....they had some backlash where the CEO said they didn't make clothes for heavy or unattractive people. AND he's not an attractive man. What an a-hole!

I'm in Canada and they've been around here for quite a while....I see people of ALL sizes wearing lulu's if that's any help?
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've never bought Lululemon from an actual store. I have bought online on sale as I do find a lot of stuff is over priced. Having said that, I prefer UnderArmour (which is comparable price, and WODgear pants. WODgear pants are AMAZEBALLS. Never see-through, super comfy, make your butt look great, AND cheaper. Plus the company is pretty cool.
  • Cornishpirates
    Options
    Yoga pants = always worth it...unless I'm at walmart :/
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    nellyett wrote: »
    I think that's Abercrombie.....they had some backlash where the CEO said they didn't make clothes for heavy or unattractive people. AND he's not an attractive man. What an a-hole!

It's Lululemon as well. http://www.businessinsider.com/outrageous-remarks-by-lululemon-founder-chip-wilson-2013-12

• Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    damn you now ive pinned a load of work out clothed to reward myself with as mini goals... :/
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants = always worth it...unless I'm at walmart :/
    lol
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    In for the Lululemons!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I've been in their store and to a warehouse sale and have always walked out empty handed. I just can't justify the price. I am more picky about my bottoms than my tops but Old Navy compression and Nike work really well for me and even then I buy sale.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Ha, glad I never went to that store.. I'm short and got short little T-Rex arms ^_^