How do *you* log a holiday meal?

Options
Like any other day? Do you guesstimate?

This is my first Thanksgiving since I've started counting calories. I'm leaning towards logging a generic meal with around 2,500 calories (about 2 times my normal intake) and calling it a day.

Just curious what you typically do!

Replies

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'll weigh it and log it like usual, but more because I'm kinda interested rather than I'll be avoiding anything. We'll be making healthier versions of the usual recipes, but still there's dessert..
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Workout in the morning before the festivities begin and then just enjoy the day. Take a SWAG at the calories and then take a nap on the couch.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother. I just take that day off. I may log in in the morning just to keep my streak going, but maybe not.

The key is to get back to it the next day.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'll log in, and maybe log the meal, but I'm not too worried about accuracy. Holiday meals are kind of a pass. There are only a few of them in a year.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother. It would be too stressful and time consuming to figure out every piece of food I put in my mouth that day ~ I guarantee it will be a lot. LOL. I don't worry about it for one day, I simply enjoy!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I don't bother. One day won't make me fat again. I do go for a hike or jog with my daughters in the morning!
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't bother, either. I know I'm going over...way over...and hopefully I can hop right back on Friday and keep moving on.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    It honestly never occurred to me not to log at all. I've never skipped a day. It feels so deliciously naughty that I might actually do it.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You don't log it, enjoy it and then start back at it the next day, your mind and body will both thank you for it
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My plan is to log as much as I can just so I have the data, but not worry about intake so much. I have a feeling I'll be eating a little less than I have in the past anyway, just because I have been getting fuller faster, but who knows? Either way I am cooking our favorites and enjoying it to the fullest. As a gift to myself I am also going to do a one-woman Turkey Trot – a 5K walk/run later in the day. This will be nice in order to get an hour's worth of fresh air and rejuvenation, and to get myself back into a good mindspace as well. :) HAVE FUN.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I will just log a 4,000 calorie meal.
    :#
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Not even bothering logging it. My family will think I'm a nutcase weighing all my portions out. I'm going to get some cardio in first thing in the morning, and enjoy the day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since I'm probably eating at home with just my mother, I'll weigh and log as usual. However, if someone invites us over, then I'll do my best to estimate.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I log it like any other day, and doing most of the cooking at home from scratch helps. I follow my usual M.O. of having a low calorie small breakfast and then breaking up the rest of my calories among the other 2 main meals for the day. Of course if I go over on calories, I will just exercise more the next day and/or chalk it up to an occasional thing and not a big deal. Honestly the only way I can see this being a REAL problem (for me anyway) is if I followed some friends' plan of "not worrying about what I eat during Christmas" which seems to extend for 1-2 weeks before AND after the holiday. I'm not saying that to be judgmental because to each their own, but for me that would be a slippery slope. I'd rather eat "normally" the entire time and just fit in more treats in other ways.
    053069 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i would either go big or go home: either log everything to the smallest detail (including "but then, there is the desert), or don't log anything.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Eh I say forget about it!! I plan on gaining a lb.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    plm209 wrote: »
    Workout in the morning before the festivities begin and then just enjoy the day. Take a SWAG at the calories and then take a nap on the couch.

This.
    Chow
    Nap
    Play cards
    Black Friday
    <3

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I always say I'll just log 2500 and call it a day but curiosity always gets the best of me LOL. So I just try to remember what I eat and estimate it. I like having an idea of what kind of weight fluctuation I can expect every month so I like being more accurate.

I'll definitely try to go to the gym in the morning though.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'll run in the morning then log the meal to the best of my ability. My ability may be impaired because... the itis (postprandial somnolence).
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't.