I'm vegetarian. I had no choice but to eat meat!

Options
I had no choice, but to eat meat!
Today, I stood at the food counter display, staring at the fried chicken.( I usually do that when I crave for meat.) I had no intention to get any. But the sales lady came up to me and said:"Which one would you like?" I hesitated for a few seconds thinking if I said:"no thank you." She probably would think that I'm homeless. If I said:"I'm vegetarian," she would laugh at me for staring at he chicken. So, I told her "give me that big piece." >:)

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the light side.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Dont feel too bad meat is yumtastic!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten they wouldn't be made out of delicious.
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten they wouldn't be made out of delicious.
    Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Its true!!!!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    LoL. Love the story. Reminds me of my teenager who went 11 mo sorta-kinda vegetarian. She ate fish & chicken, but nothing with hooves. (Actually, we called her "breadatarian" because she turned her nose up at most vegetables.) On the first day of our fam vacation driving from the airport into the mountains, she said aloud she was thinking of going back to meat. An hour later we're at my brother's and she's eating a corned beef sandwich. Bacon & sausage the next morning. You could say she went whole hog.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Okay.
    Obviously you could have said no thank you or not eaten the chicken you bought but you really wanted to eat it.
    I don't know why you chose to eat vegetarian but if it wasn't a conviction that eating animals is wrong then maybe you should consider eating meatless for most of your meals and planning some meat meals prepared in a healthy way one day a week. Better than eating fried chicken you didn't intend to get.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I don't think you know what the word vegetarian means.
  • mrscronkhite
    Options
    I loved your story...too funny!! I love meat btw. Couldn't give it up for anything!
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Okay.
    Obviously you could have said no thank you or not eaten the chicken you bought but you really wanted to eat it.
    I don't know why you chose to eat vegetarian but if it wasn't a conviction that eating animals is wrong then maybe you should consider eating meatless for most of your meals and planning some meat meals prepared in a healthy way one day a week. Better than eating fried chicken you didn't intend to get.
    Not everyone becomes a vegetarian because they think eating animals is morally wrong.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    You clearly haven't been vegetarian for vary long (not a strict one at least) Or that big piece of chicken would have you vomiting. Your body can't adjust from not meat to large quantities like that after being a vegetarian for a while.

Why are you not eating meat? I did it for a while for moral reasons but didn't stick with it as I wasn't keeping myself healthy (didn't find my protein in other places).
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You're an omnivore. If you want to eat chicken, eat chicken.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    ihateyoga wrote: »
    Today, I stood at the food counter display, staring at the fried chicken.( I usually do that when I crave for meat.) I had no intention to get any. But the sales lady came up to me and said:"Which one would you like?" I hesitated for a few seconds thinking if I said:"no thank you." She probably would think that I'm homeless. If I said:"I'm vegetarian," she would laugh at me for staring at he chicken. So, I told her "give me that big piece." >:)
    Does this mean you're not vegetarian any more? :smiley:

Just kidding. Hope you enjoyed the chicken. Thanks for sharing such a fun story.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    And the moralistic posts are in! That didn't take long.
    Gracious.....No kidding.

• ihateyoga
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Just kidding. Hope you enjoyed the chicken. Thanks for sharing such a fun story.
    Maybe I'm a part-time vegetarian?

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Maybe I'm a part-time vegetarian?

You can be whatever you want to be :smile:
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lol love the story!

but i'm guessing you just decided to be vegetarian or you wouldn't have been drooling over the chicken. It's not bad to eat meat nor it is bad to be vegetarian. It's a personal choice that you make for yourself.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Bacon. That is all.

*drool*