Replies

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not even gonna bother.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Not gonna bother. If I do, I will see the total calories and feel bad so I am just going to start the day knowing I won't be logging that day and enjoy it.

I may make the day before a really light day, but other than that no other prep.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    For holiday meals I tend to over guesstimate. I also throw in a good workout in the morning.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am solo on this one...I honestly plan on logging all of my food and portioning it out. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are at my parents' house, so if I have the measuring utensils available I don't see how it's different than measuring out the food any other day of the year. Don't get me wrong, I am going to eat what I want. But I think mainly out of curiosity I want to see what 1/2 cup of yams and 3 oz of turkey and 1 cup of mac and cheese and all the rest look like on my plate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If we do Christmas here and we have no guests I will weigh everything too!
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am solo on this one...I honestly plan on logging all of my food and portioning it out. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are at my parents' house, so if I have the measuring utensils available I don't see how it's different than measuring out the food any other day of the year. Don't get me wrong, I am going to eat what I want. But I think mainly out of curiosity I want to see what 1/2 cup of yams and 3 oz of turkey and 1 cup of mac and cheese and all the rest look like on my plate.

If I could, I would log accurately during holidays too so you aren't really alone.
    My problem is it's too difficult (I have a huuuge family and we always do a potluck) taking the time to measure and log everything would be a bit of a pain, especially since it's not at my place or my parents. If it was at my place then that'd be a little easier.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I log it. I don't weight my food, and most of it is estimates, but I think it is kind of interesting. Yesterday there was a thread asking whether 3,000 cals average for Thanksgiving was a myth or reality. I went back and looked at what I logged last year and it was about 2,100 on the day of Thanksgiving and about 1900 on Saturday (second round with other side of the family). I like knowing how it all adds up and being able to tell people that I ate 4,000 cals in those two meals and still lost a half pound that week last year. This year I'm maintaining so I am sure I will be closer to the 3,000 mark both times. :wink:
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Eh I say forget about it!! I plan on gaining a lb.

I have a feeling too many people will be freaking out about having gained weight after thanksgiving... :s
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is going to be an estimate day. I don't usually estimate, but I do want to log what I eat for tracking purposes, so I figure that' good enough for one day!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Eh I say forget about it!! I plan on gaining a lb.

I have a feeling too many people will be freaking out about having gained weight after thanksgiving... :s

At the rate I'm going I'm fully expecting to gain a couple pounds by New Year. Hopefully I'll find my motivation again after that.

• crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've already decide that I'll be somewhat careful of what I eat but I'm not gonna bother logging holiday meals. take a break! its the holidays!
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't log those days.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    The only thing I plan on logging in that day is the milk I put in my morning coffee.

I feel like such a badass now!!! B)
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We do a potluck style Thanksgiving dinner so accurate logging isn't possible. I plan to log breakfast then add 5,000 calories for the entire evenings delicacies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's a holiday...it's an occasion...it's not an every day event. I tried to log my first Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and said *kitten* it after about my 4th martini. Guess what...I still lost 40+ Lbs.

It's one day...enjoy...be thankful for you family and friends and all the good in your life. I'm working with a coach right now and I'm in a cut and I'm totally going to be off plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas...it's ok...I will be on plan the rest of the time, and that's what matters.
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No logging here, we plan on turkey bowl, singing and dancing to help our face stuffing.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Since I usually am eating something I did not prepare, I estimate. If you've being weighing your food regularly and have a good idea of serving sizes, you can do a decent job of estimating.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/The_Enginerd?date=2013-11-28
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't. It's a holiday, so I enjoy myself.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Of big holiday meals since I started this, I logged Easter dinner because I cooked most of it, and my 4th of July meal, since it was largely "bring your own meat to be grilled" with some easy sides to estimate. A friend of mine does a Thanksgiving on Labor Day event and I estimated calories for that (a quick add). This year I'm going to a big Thanksgiving potluck and only bringing a couple of dishes, so logging will be basically impossible to do accurately, and is the kind of logging that's a huge pain anyway. Therefore, I think I'm going to just not log at all. It's one day and I trust myself enough not to worry about it.

I'll probably do most of the cooking on Christmas, but I imagine I won't bother logging that either, unless I want a different kind of record of the menu.
  • kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If I'm having a big meal I still log it as normal but not fret too much. As I'm losing an average of 2lbs a week, I figure even if I go over by 3,500 calories, it's just one day and I'll just lose 1lbs that week instead of 2lbs. (Based on 1lb being worth 3,500 cals)

Just chillax and enjoy.