I am allowed 1200 calories per day..any tips on a sweet, low calorie, late night snack?

Options

Replies

• MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    pscarolina wrote: »
    I slice a small apple (or half of a large), sprinkle generously with allspice & bake until soft. Then I "ice" it with a thick mixture of vanilla protein powder & unsweetened almond milk & sprinkle with a little bit of high protein granola.

mind blown.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Light N' Fit makes great greek yogurt flavors for only 80 cals (have a caramel apple pie one to die for). Plus I've heard of people mixing those frosting creations packs in with vanilla or unflavored greek yogurt.

Fiber One makes a Cocoa cereal 80 calories for 3/4 cup

VitaBrownies only 50 cals or double chocolate vitatop 100 cals

Sweet freedom makes these fudge delites fudge pops only 35 cals each

You can get no sugar added pie fillings only 30-40 cals per 1/3 cup. Heat up in microwave sooooo good. Can even top with fiber one cereal or crumble a graham cracker.
    I even like to put the apple pie on inside a corn tortilla on my George Foreman. It's like a mexican sopapilla.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate covered goji berries or blueberries
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    low fat popcorn
    greek yogurt
    cheese string
    sunflower seeds
    apple slices w/tbsp peanut butter
    grapes, raspberries, strawberries w/cool whip or light whipped cream
    melba toast rounds with tsp/tbsp peanut butter
    fresh veggies with tbsp favorite dip
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Depending on my mood, I give myself some options.( I am on 1300 cal. a day. So I understand where you are coming from )I have Torrie and Howard organic hard candies for 12 calories, Mini or fun size snickers or paydays for 45 and 90 :O calories, Blue bell sugar free pops for 15 calories a pop, large marshmallow for 25 cal., small apple for 45 cal. organic ginger snap for 30 cal., gobbstopper/ sweetart for about 15cal. I also do tea with a whopping 60 cal. worth of sugar. But that's only if I can calorically afford it... There are lots of options if you can have some restraint/moderation. I am working on this, but I can tell you, seeing the scale drop daily puts things in such a light that it really helps with my self control! You can do it! Good luck!
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Frozen cool whip
    Jelly
    Berries
    Low cal hot chocolate
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches
    Popsicles
    Frozen Chobani
  • Angelwriter214
    Angelwriter214 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to eat is Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars. They're only 100 calories and they have 5 grams of fiber. The snack size is only 60 calories.
  • owelch1
    Options
    I use to go for low fat, sugar free things, but they always replace natural ingredients for sweeteners that just trick your body into wanting more. If you choose small amounts of things that aren't fake, you will actually eat less of it and be satisfied. For sweets, I usually eat anything i want, just in small amounts. I suggest small amounts of dark chocolate, a cup of hot chocolate, fruit, greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, or save up some of you calories from the day and use it splurge once in awhile after dinner. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet , just remember that.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Small and super flavorful http://lovenotestotraderjoe.tumblr.com/
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello 10 calories the strawberry is the best!
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars. That's my go-to. I get that sweet craving about an hour after dinner and it sucks because my calories have already been used by dinner and sometimes (more often than I care to admit) wine. But! I save at least 100 just to have one of these. They run between 80-110 calories a bar and are delicious!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Skinny Popcorn
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    sugar free, fat free jello made with fruit
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I dont even like tea that much but for some reason it helps with my nighttime craving!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Raise your calories! Eat more protein and fat! Fruits are great too for that sweet craving
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a "sipping chocolate" mix that's basically cocoa powder + sugar. A tablespoon is 30 cal. I have a tablespoon or two at a time for a small treat. Looking at your entries I'm guessing you're not in America, but you might be able to find something similar where you are.
  • pythonsweb
    pythonsweb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bar. It's 90 calories of awesomeness.

Man, I actually threw out the box. Wasn't worth the calories to me.

I love the Healthy Choice frozen Greek yogurt cups at 100 calories. Very satisfying. Also Trader Joe's 100 calorie chocolate bars (or you can buy chocolate bars and just eat a couple squares).

Otherwise, pretty much any cookie you like, just have to be able to stop at one. Same with ice cream... Edy's slow churned is usually good and 130 calories or less a serving, as long as you can stop at one serving.
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with swiss miss diet hot chocolate 25 calories for a pack, I don't know if that is considered a snack but i use it as one lol
  • arnold824
    Options
    Small apple, I don't know but it really satisfies me and it's healthy