I am allowed 1200 calories per day..any tips on a sweet, low calorie, late night snack?

Options

Replies

• conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Pops (Chocolate Truffle, Salted Caramel, etc.) Yoplait Frozen Greek yogurt with granola fruit pops, etc. I also loved the WW Dark Chocolate Raspberry pops. These were probably already mentioned but I didn't read all the replies and they're my favorite. I also have a sweet tooth and an apple won't satisfy it unless it's with PB.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Jelly (or jello) is super tasty, I enjoy popcorn too.

You could probably make little muffins with a controlled amount of sugar and work out the calories and be able to have a small one after tea. Also small chocolate bars, I'm from England and here we have a bar called freddo! Its about as long as my index finger and is just enough chocolate to be tasty and not too much to ruin a diet!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    hard candy
  • fruitysky
    fruitysky Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I usually have a Quest bar when I'm craving something sweet. Vitatop brand snacks are amazing too; they have frozen treats like ice cream sundaes, and other things like cakes cookies and muffins. If I remember correctly, they were around or under 200 cal.
    Otherwise, this blog http:/dessertswithbenefits.com has recipes for a ton of awesome sweets for very reasonable calories. (Sorry, I can't figure out how to make the link work.)
  • changrunner
    Options
    So the brain is hooked on sugar. The best way to kick it is lots of water. Not cold water. Cold water is bad for the digestive system. Just great warm or hot clean filtered water, and lost of it. I am too still strugling with the sugar habit again but am drink lots of water and it helps.
  • WIMom316
    WIMom316 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go for a hard candy, like caramel nips with chocolate. Only 30 calories a candy and a hard candy last much longer. These are not diet so you get all the flavor. Lindt also has some dark chocolate squares and if you limit yourself to one square it is pretty good. I break up the square into little pieces so it lasts longer and I let the chocolate melt in my mouth verses just chewing it...you can savor it longer that way.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    also, sugar free hot chocolate
  • apac0423
    apac0423 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Banana ice cream
    leave some bananas to go ripe, when they are quite ripe, peel them then chop or slice them and freeze them half by half separately. Then take one half frozen banana out, let it thaw for a bit so the pieces are not rock hard and put it food processor with a little bit of milk. it creates a texture close to ice cream or frozen yoghurt, you can add berries or other fruit to it. one portion is then more or less half a banana and the berries you add....
    hope you ll like it
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm seeing a lot of "sugar-free" suggestions, which I wouldn't personally recommend. Anything that's labelled sugar free is going to have a high amount of artificial sweeteners, and, well... We won't even go into the million reasons that those are bad for you. :) I would recommend personally some fresh fruit! It's got natural sugar and a lot of options are lower in calories. If you're really trying to satisfy that sweet tooth, I reach for a cup or so of nice cold red grapes. They're sweet and they snap in your mouth.

Another tip I've gotten myself is to allow yourself one piece of candy of your choice at the end of the day if you've got the calorie allowance. My favorite little treat are the "frootie" tootsie rolls. They're 12-15 calories per piece so you can have a few pieces and feel like you're actually enjoying something, without breaking the calorie bank - and there's lots of flavors to choose from. :) Cherry is my favorite.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Microwave frozen blueberries until warm and oozy, add a dash of cinnamon.
  • khoddy
    khoddy Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sorry to say... but chances are you don't need a late night snack. If you are craving one, you are most-likely just tired. However, we often confuse this as hunger. Re-teach your hunger cues and go to bed.

Suggestions for when you gotta have a snack:
    1/2 apple with nutbutter
    1/4 greek yogurt and some crushed pistachios w/ cardamon
    1/2 lara bar
    1 bell pepper and 1 tbsp hummus or ranch dip
    and/or
    cup of plain herbal tea
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Marshmallow fluff or the regular, pink bubblegum.

55835802.png
  • TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    3 dates and a half ounce of cream cheese = 110 calories (depending on brand) but I swear it tastes like a little slice of cheese cake or pie.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Berries are my go to. Raspberries or blueberries are my fave.
  • smilzjoay
    Options
    My local grocery store had a fudgesicle for only 80 calories! That is one of my favorites :smile: Also Edy's Outshine bars, they are all natural fruit, and come in a ton of flavors. I've had the mango, creamy coconut, and lime, which were all so yummy I felt like I was cheating they were THAT good. Oh yeah and only 70 calories for most of them #WIN! Also, if you really need some chocolate. Brookside dark chocolate covered pomegranate or blueberries are so delicious, and they are about 10 calories each (serving size says 16 are 170 calories). I like to munch on them at work, sometime after lunch when I need my fix. I can have just a few, and it really gives me that delicious taste that makes my mouth feel satisfied, and they are not bad for you. Great ideas everyone!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp Bars (found in the candy section) 110 calorie delicious candy bar. Special K pastry crisps - 2 crisps are 100 calories, many good flavors. 100 calorie snack size bags of microwave Kettle popcorn - 100 calories.

I also take a cup of hot decaf coffee if I want comfort or pour it over ice if I want ice cream and sweeten it with some International Delight Creamers. 35 calories per little pack. Depending on how many calories depends on the size of the coffee and number of packs. I'll go up to 3. That's still only 105.

56604121.png
  • NikkiJanye73
    NikkiJanye73 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love cholate snacka jacks they are about 40 cals each and are really big and very chocolaty, for when only chocolate will do!
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    rseneca724 wrote: »
    Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars. That's my go-to. I get that sweet craving about an hour after dinner and it sucks because my calories have already been used by dinner and sometimes (more often than I care to admit) wine. But! I save at least 100 just to have one of these. They run between 80-110 calories a bar and are delicious!

Me too! I love the mint chip one- they also have 6 g protein- a winner all around.
  • khoddy
    khoddy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Berries are my go to. Raspberries or blueberries are my fave.

Awesome choice if snacking is a must! They are low glycemic (due to fiber) and full of antioxidants. :)
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn!! under 100 calories ;)