Best underwear for gym? (ladies)

Options

Replies

• KPeriandri
    KPeriandri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't usually wear underwear when working out. I don't need the extra laundry. Hahaha that probably makes me look lazy. Either way, I have heard that there is a certain wick away kind (it is on the tip of my tongue/fingers!) Someone help me out on this.. or check amazon for wick away underwear (Under Armour?) There is a brand out there that provides support, dryness, and are seamless.. if you choose to wear underwear at all!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i use dry-fit completely synthetic boy shorts - os it's just another layer of performance wear for me.
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Under armour is the best, love it
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I like bikinis or hip huggers. I don't care if I have a panty line, either. I dated a guy once that loved that he could see my panty line under my workout pants.
  • Kfrase83
    Kfrase83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I only wear men's shorts to workout, and they all have underwear in them. They are long enough to not show my underthings to everyone from different machines I use, and they also help with thigh rubbing.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I buy shorts that have undies in them already or I workout commando. ;)
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    running i wear seamless panties from victoria secret...they are the only ones that keep me from chaffing on long runs...otherwise i just wear normal conton panties...i could care less about panty lines when im running around or working it at the gym...if you want to stare at my panty lines on my *kitten* go for it :)
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Who wears underwear under workout/cycling pants?!?

This.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Gonna have to go with massive/granny panties too.
    Same! That or just anything that will stay in place.
    Please don't go underwearless and sit on shared machines in your exercise pants that are now soaked with you vaginal juices...

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Please don't go underwearless and sit on shared machines in your exercise pants that are now soaked with you vaginal juices...

It doesn't make that much of a difference- thong- regular underwear- I mean- if you've got sweat and vag secretions happening- it's going to happen around and through underwear.

Just clean the machines you've used like you're supposed to and i'ts a none issue.
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Champion C9 active seamless hipsters from Target are the best I've tried, by far. They are super comfortable and don't ride up while running. They also have boyshort and thong options, but I haven't tried them.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »

It doesn't make that much of a difference- thong- regular underwear- I mean- if you've got sweat and vag secretions happening- it's going to happen around and through underwear.

Just clean the machines you've used like you're supposed to and i'ts a none issue.

Haha I'm just thinking 2 layers is still better than 1. I don't find my own bodily fluids go through 2 layers.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I can't stand quad "*kitten*" that I get with my underwear- and yeah- it's THAT bad- with even the guaranteed promised no VPL nonsense. I'll wear under wear specifically if it appears (due to the color of material) to be slightly see through- I'll wear underwear with a line just to kind of make a point that no- these aren't see through- it's an optical illusion... OR if I have busy pants- with a loud pattern that hides excess bumps.

And I can't do boy/booty shorts- they just wind up one side up my *kitten* crack- so that's even WORSE. I will wear certain thongs though. some of the wide band ones work okay- but lace rubs wrong.

so I'll just deal with my sweat - which winds up down my legs anyway- and I clean the equipment. I wind up with so much sweat down my legs anyway it looks like I peed myself.... so one extra layer only will contain but so much.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I only ever wear wide-band lace thongs.

So do I! What a coincidence!
  • yoovie
    Options
    Who wears underwear under workout/cycling pants?!?

People who want more than one layer between their parts and the benches that those neanderthals leak and spit all over? i dunno?

no need to point and laugh at others that are different than you. You can bond without that.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    under armour compression. Feels like nothing is there, wicks away moisture, doesn't ride up when I deadlift or squat. No time to pick out wedgies here.
  • yoovie
    Options
    i think this is one of those things where some people wash their hands all day and some people only wash before eating and after using the restroom. Personal preference.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    i think this is one of those things where some people wash their hands all day and some people only wash before eating and after using the restroom. Personal preference.

let's just hope some of these people wash their yoga pants.....
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »

let's just hope some of these people wash their yoga pants.....

and their sports bras.

you want to talk about a thing- I don't wear underwear under my dance/workout clothes... and that's suspect... but apparently not washing a sports bra all week is totally okay. Apples and oranges and personal hygiene... it's just that- personal. Everyone takes a different stance on it.
  • yoovie
    Options
    GAH!!!!!!!!!! wha?????????? shudder