Ladies, what do you bench press?

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Currently trying to push past my reps at 105.

I've been lifting for almost a year.
    CW: 184
    SW: 206
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I JUST started and I'm only up to 60lbs on 5x5, which is really hard for me. I'm just hoping to reach 100 some day.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I started Stronglifts about 7 months ago and am up to 110 pounds for my reps. Feels like I could go heavier but haven't tested my 1 rep max yet, don't like doing that roll of shame. :p
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    135 or a full plate on each side, i am 145
    took me a long time to get there tho
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I can rep out anywhere from 135-155 depending # of reps.

my 1 RPM is 185 currently.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Nice!

Bench is by far my weakest lift. I got 1.5 reps at 100 lbs on my 1+ set last cycle (175 lb BW)...trainer had to assist at the end of second rep. He has me changing some parts of my form, and hopefully I'll get it progressing soon.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I can rep out anywhere from 135-155 depending # of reps.

my 1 RPM is 185 currently.
    I wouldn't expect anything less than that from you. Impressive.

We were talking last night and she said she felt like she easily had 2 reps left in with no problem. I think next week we might try a 1RM. Neither one of us have ever been to worried about Bench 1RM, we've always focused on Deadlift 1RM.
    :D Might as well give it a go if it fits into the plan or doesn't negatively impact- sometimes you just kind of go for it- I find I have better success just trying it- if I have a pre-set time on it- I think i phsyc myself out for "max out" scheduled lifts.

I'm kind of honestly annoyed by it- I've tried to put up 205-200-195 and I keep getting stuck- my goal is 2 plates. I'm tweaking things as well so it's making it interesting- trying to not flare- and trying to use a slightly wider grip- which means my progress has pretty much progressed to a flat out snails pace.
    He has me changing some parts of my form, and hopefully I'll get it progressing soon.
    it happens- and be prepared to feel like you suck if you change some form things- mine goes backwards when I make even the smallest of adjustments on bench- it just has such a HUGE impact- which says a lot- technique means everything. Seriously. It's most people's weakest lifts- and that's okay- don't feel at all chagrined about that- totally normal!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I tested a 1RM max at 95 lbs a couple of months ago at 119 lbs.

Since then, I've changed back to a beginners program because I realized I left some lower body strength on the table (not yet worked back up to where I was), and nearly completed 1/2 marathon training. And I'm cutting. Not a recipe for improving lifts. Last session was 75x5x5. I'm currently at 116 lbs.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    OMG, you all are so impressive. I just started a couple weeks ago, my 1RM was something like 50 pounds (!!), and my first bench press rep set after a few other upper body exercises over the past 10 days, my trainer had me press I think.....yeah, the 50 pounds (the bar and two dinky little 2.5-lb plates!) for my 5x5. That's it so far for me!!! What inspiration, though--I would love to see me get up to 100 lbs or more. My upper body is so weak....obviously....
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, everyone. individual progress is the most important part of all this.

My 1RM is 128. I'm chasing 135 by the end of the year, but I don't know if I'll make it.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OMG, you all are so impressive. I just started a couple weeks ago, my 1RM was something like 50 pounds (!!), and my first bench press rep set after a few other upper body exercises over the past 10 days, my trainer had me press I think.....yeah, the 50 pounds (the bar and two dinky little 2.5-lb plates!) for my 5x5. That's it so far for me!!! What inspiration, though--I would love to see me get up to 100 lbs or more. My upper body is so weak....obviously....

2.5 lbs on each side is still more than so many other people out there are even willing to press. Be proud that you're doing it and know that you'll get stronger in time.
    Agreed. CarlydogsMom, you are stronger than you think. There are women out there with a 1RM bench under 50 pounds.

• LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! I hope one day I can bench press like Dora!
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Just curious what women consider to be the goal in bench pressing? Like I have always been told since a kid A guy should be able to bench his own weight for 10 reps...Took me a long time to hit 200lbs for 10 reps but I did, Not sure if there was any truth to this but it always gave me something to shoot for. Anyways What should women be shooting for?

BTW some great lifts on here Girls!!!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    I got a neurological disease in 2011 which affects my balance, so it is no longer safe for me to carry plates from the rack to the bench. My stats are for machine bench with thumbless grip. First set of 8@66 kg=145 lbs. Next 3 sets of 8@ 61 kg= 135 lbs.

I've de-loaded recently after taking a month off exercise following a nerve transplant in one of my ankles. Four months ago I was benching 3x8@66 kg.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my PR is very very very low at 90x2 :|
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Just curious what women consider to be the goal in bench pressing? Like I have always been told since a kid A guy should be able to bench his own weight for 10 reps...Took me a long time to hit 200lbs for 10 reps but I did, Not sure if there was any truth to this but it always gave me something to shoot for. Anyways What should women be shooting for?

BTW some great lifts on here Girls!!!!

The best you can. Whatever that is.

I don't know if I could bench my body weigh 10 times- 10 reps is a lot (least to me. I'd be happier putting up 215 once than 160 ten times.

Depends on your goal- just shoot for "the best I can do" and you keep setting new milestones- that's the thing with lifting- there is always more weight to add.

Even if I got to 160 x 10 reps- I'd make a new goal- 175 x 10. A goal is just a single tiny point... on a long line of training.

• itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Last night I completed 45x10, 75x8, 90x4

Hoping to hit 100 soon :)